[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

So I just finished watching MA premier raw.. it's the turn of Signal. He he.  Waiting.

@phi3nk @liddi @larus @Orion and others you know who you are.. he he. Come on chingus, lets watch  I've been waiting for this since..since I learned about this back Sept. :D Somebody Live recap, I hope ehem..@andy78 :P 

@phi3nk crime procedural / crime action thriller suspense.. my cup of tea! oh yeah. And because LMIYD just ended.. glad there's Signal to continue mind boggling drama.

*edit.. wait this is 10 not 11pm? it's only going to be 10 pm now, right? nvm, I missed the live raw :(  thanks for the video @ larus. I'm gonna watch it raw later.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, liddi said:

@jongski I thought it starts at 8:30PM KST... and at least for Ep1, it is 1hr 18mins. Wonder if this length will be the norm for the entire drama. Whatever it is, can't wait to watch soon.

@liddi Huh? 8:30 pm?????  I thought it will start at 11... so I was s happy cos I was able to watch JTBC Madame Antoine premier around that time.  And between MA and Signal, I'd have have chosen to start Signal but anyway, thanks chingu for  letting me know.  Wow 1 hr 18mins. This must be good one! excited, I'll check the raw later!!! :D

*edit: Dang,  I realized now why I got confused. I was also thinking of the other crime drama- the  premier of Local Hero (OCN) it's the one at 11 pm but that would the following day  Sat.. 23rd

54 minutes ago, larus said:

I am waiting for the subtitles. Does anyone know a link for live steaming... I want to put it in the first page. Maybe others will want to watch live.

i don't think  you can...is against soompi new rules...use pm for link for live steaming...i do not like this rule but i try to follow it...moderators might delete it anyway...

Just watched raw! whew! Already my current favorite!

I like everything about this. The muted tones, suspense, the eeriness. The acting. LJH.

I like KHS character as well but I need to understand better also the other male lead.

Most scenes are highlights for me but I'll mention  a couple

Sad  quiet despair of the mother waiting, looking, seeking.. about her little girl! Everyday she was standing at the school,  in front of the police station. Lee Je Hoon character witness to the years of waiting.

The eerie scene when he went inside the building  then outside and then saw the  remains of victim. The scene with KHS and when he was saying something to the reporters. His emotions and anger.

Of course I didn't understand  the dialogue the whole 1:16.18 episode. I hope this would be sub quickly.

*edit. excuse my hyper post. for those wanting to just wait and watch with sub,  I don't mean to give away anything. I'll put spoiler tag with my thoughts for some scenes next time.

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@phi3nk @liddi @larus @Orion@phi3nk and others you know who you are.. he he. Come on chingus, lets watch  I've been waiting for this since..since I learned about this back Sept.

Ehehe. I will be watching the first 4 together, probably, so I can do the first look piece. Or maybe 2 and 2.
I prefer focusing on one show at a time, in order to give it my full attention. But I hear reactions were good!

@jongski Thank you for your very effusive post! Hearing your excitement makes me all the more eager to watch it! Not to mention @Orion's comment about good reactions...yay!

Read this from the Misaeng thread (thank you @sky5joyous!)... PD-nim is inserting funny, make-believe references to Misaeng in his new drama :D Hope we get to see gems like these from Kim Eun Hee, as well as in reference to the other cast as well. Can't wait for subs!

I was half-way through with C-subs but I see that English subs are now available. So far I'm enjoying the ingenious way in which the director goes back and forth over the two time periods. The stylistic aspect of the show is very strong and smart.

It's not a bad introductory episode so far if a bit cliched -- childhood connections --> guilt --> career in law enforcement. Bad first meeting --> cops butt heads. Loner cop working in a highly politicised environment, up against incompetent leadership and colleagues.

The last 15 minutes was quite the nail biter. Hope they get the perpetrator.

A good start, decent set up and very disciplined use of the time shift trope. The show really kicked in when our cocky lad found the relevant skeletal remains. His deductive display was very well done... kudos to the actor for doing a great job with his rapid fire delivery.

And I loved how he ruined the Superintendent's crowning moment. :D

Something about this show reminds me Star Trek (2009). It's as someone or something in the universe is attempting right wrongs. Reshifting the dynamics of key relationships back to what they should be as it were. The battery-less walkie talkie being the catalyst.

This one's definitely a keeper.

@Orion Yes! for good reactions!  Even with the first scene, I knew already I'm gonna like it!

@40somethingahjumma I also like the back and forth between two time period. It in a way it kind of reminds me of MBB. As you mentioned, the 'stylistic aspect' of the drama is good one.  Good observation with that rapid fire talking.  LJH talked a lot in rapid! fie adn I was just wow..

I gotta RT this...

RT why did lee je hoon talked too much though :D his talking speed was like 100words/min. (Cr: Anna)

@phi3nk   LJH <3 whole ep is thumbs up! Need to watch again with sub. :D

Signal (Pilot)

Spoiler

d1.jpg

Mydaily - Nate: 'Signal', Kim Hye Soo catches Lee Je Hoon selling information on Kang Sora♥Im Siwan's relationship

1. [+995, -16] Tried to soothe my Reply withdrawals with this drama,  it's no joke... I feel like I have to pay money for this quality

2. [+888, -14] I watched it without much thought and I'm hooked~~~ It's daebak fun. Looking forward to the next episode. The best

3. [+834, -13] I wasn't expecting much but woah, I thought I was watching a movie. It's really good ㅋㅋ

4. [+62, -3] Wow this drama is freaking crazy. Is it even a drama or a movie? ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ Wow it's several hundred times better than Reply

5. [+52, -1] This drama is ridiculously daebak

6. [+35, -3] If you watched 'Sign' and 'Ghost', you will love Signal. Jo Jin Woong, Kim Hye Soo and Lee Je Hoon are amazing

Naver
1. [+2,305, -29] Definitely a drama you can trust. It's daebak fun

2. [+1,301, -20] Jo Jin Woong is amazing ㅠㅠ

3. [+822, -22] Is this drama any good???

4. [+647, -14] Is Jo Jin Woong dead?

5. [+497, -11] richard simmons I thought I was watching a movie

6. [+264, -7] Wow this drama is epic

7. [+244, -7] Oh my. The drama is daebak ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ It feels like the Korean version of Sherlock ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Goosebumps... Is the plot centered around unresolved cases ??? I really like it

8. [+256, -14] Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Reply??

9. [+144, -3] Daebak daebak daebak daebak... The quality is way better than most movies

10. [+130, -3] As expected of Jo Jin Woong. I liked him since he played Brutus Lee

Osen - Daum: 'Signal' Kim Hye Soo, Lee Je Hoon and Jo Jin Woong, this is a movie 
1. [+1,802, -19] I think of it as a tvN-produced movie

2. [+1,677, -21] It's totally fun!!! I was so absorbed that I didn't notice the time

3. [+1,445, -24] I thought I was watching Sherlock, it's super fun ㅋㅋㅋ This will make it easier for me to let go of Reply

4. [+531, -5] The nurse's reversal is daebak!!!!!! This isn't your typical drama

5. [+388, -6] Woah~~~~ the best.

Credit : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/spoilers-madame-antoine-pilot-signal_22.html

18 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Signing in, team. I've been waiting for this. Does this show have anything to do with Memories of Murder?

Not sure. But I read in one site it's remake  of 2003 movie Memories of Murder.. About serial killings

Archived