[Drama 2016] Uncontrollably Fond 함부로 애틋하게

aureolina

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

@windofwar Yeah, we need collage days to give us more insight on JY. Since watching this episode and preview I suspect that he will choose his father over her only to regret it later. (Then why did he asked his lawyer if she attended college or not? Maybe she dropped out in a year :/ )  As teenager  JY knew nothing about her and  took revenge in very childish way so I can't blame him for that. It was actually nothing compared to what she had to go through at the time. So she was able to forgive him even though she didn't know why he was picking on her to the begin with. I figured his arrogance more to do with his defense mechanism. No one thinks highly of him in the past so he just does  that while feeling empty inside. That's why it's understandable he was hung up to be like his father it's better than having no hope. On the other hand I don't know if he thinks  that it was necessary for his father to leave his mother behind. While asking No Eul to seduce him his expression darkened ’If it doesn't work it means I didn't love you truly after all’ so I thought  maybe he wants to understand him but actually knows his father not of a good guy nor loved her mother. Referring when he uttered bitterly 'who I take after to be this evil’ 

As for NE I'm thinking it wasn't only circumstances what made her materialistic at present. I can see that she is already afraid that her emotions would run deep and make her weak. She had crush on JY but she doesn't allow herself to be sad over seeing him with her friend and just smiles after some time. When her father died before her eyes she was rather aloof and  apologized for trying to do what she thought was right but it didn't help his father at all. 

Is he or she was picking on him?=) She came to him first, claiming, that she would start date Na Ri again "to bring her back and dump again". Which actually sounds ridiculous, if you think about that. And next time when they met, he was happy about his dad indirectly saying something nice to him and she took her anger on him. They both acted childish, without knowing what's going on in their families. 

We actully didn't get enough of, what Joon Young really thinks about his dad and what happened between him and his mother.  Just, that whatever he thought and felt, he decided to hide it, for the sake of his mother.  

I actually wanna wait to see, what happened in their college days. Because I can't judge and express what i'm feeling, while having so little to work with, drama just started=)

p.s. I wonder were disappeared scene where No Eul, her brother and father were eating jajangmyeon. did they cut it? Why do i feel, like they cut a lot of stuff. Some problems that I have with UF mostly about directing and montaging.

This is positve review compared to his previous review

[Drama Review] 'Uncontrollably Fond' - Episode 2

By eric_r_wirsing  

Suzy-kim-woo-bin_1467991967_af_org.jpg

UNCONTROLLABLY FOND -- EPISODE 2

VPZtUn3.jpg
Because when you're alone, a teddy bear can be good company.

Going back in time about 10 years, we see the reasons for Noh Eul's epithet at the end of Episode 1. Apparently, they had quite a history, where Joon Young broke up with her friend, then pretended like he and No Eul were dating. He also attended her dad's funeral and carried his portrait at the end. We also find out a lot about their past. In the present, she acknowledges she knows him, walks away, and collapses in the snow...

Joon Young's mommy issues primarily stem from his school days. He's pretty much got an absentee father, and we're told exactly why his mother wants him to be an attorney -- so she can tell his dad "I raised him well without your help." But instead he pretty much acts out in school, is last in his class, fights, and gets suspended. His mom does not seem to make it any easier on him, though. Instead of the warmth he might need, she gives him an icy shoulder.

dOuMbBX.jpg
Another drama, another running sequence. These guys should invest in Nike or something.

It's not hard to see where Noh Eul's toughness comes from. She's always been a scrapper with a sense of justice and fairness that transcends material concerns, like when she gives away food from her father's stand. Here she clearly needs money, and I don't think she is going to Detroit her ideals just to get the documentary made. At least, I don't see her doing that

This episode focused more on him than her. It doesn't delve too much into her background, but I think it's deft writing that shows us who she is rather than telling us. But I think I want to know more about her. It's kind of unfair if we don't get more of her story. The narrative should focus on both leads.

FcNBYXQ.jpg
Food fight!

And nothing more said about the disease, although there is our giant plot hole. They made a big to-do in Episode 1 about how it was fatal, and he only had a year to live. But that's not Parkinson's disease, as they said. Far from being insidious and asymptomatic, he should be shaking uncontrollably at times. It's also not fatal, though there are complications. There must have been an error in translation somewhere.

Now I'm curious about what happened in the 10 years they were apart. What happened during that time to shape who they are today? Was there anything that went unresolved from their shared past? If it was as gripping as this episode was I'd be totally down with another episode devoted to the past.

Spoiler

V7DjN1z.jpg

Legend says that if you fold a thousand origami cranes, you will pass finals.

It's gotten a lot better. Maybe the first episode was so awkward because they were trying to find their drama legs. Now they have, and this installment kept me watching. It's not totally trope free, but at least it's fun to watch. Seeing them lock horns tickled my funny bone.

Score

Plot........................9
Cinematography...9
Pacing...................8

OVERALL............8.6

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/drama-review-uncontrollably-fond-episode-2

^

lmfao, everyone (including us) are jumping on that Parkinson sentence, even if it was about other person. I tried to google, what kind of brain illness can kill a person in a year and got scared of how many of them actually exist (like Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease). I'm excluding brain tumor, only because you can try to get some treatment and operation on it.

Hello everyone. I am not new to the site but for the life of me I can't remember my password so had to make a new one. Mainly because I am really enjoying this drama so far and hope to be able to chat to everyone about it.

I'm there are those of us out there who can appreciate the genre and watch the drama with unbias eyes.

10 hours ago, windofwar said:

about 3rd episode  preview

Reveal hidden contents

10446285.png

i know it's hard to see, since it's bad quality, but that's actually looks like Joon Young, who is stealing No Eul's bag. 

he is in the same jacket and shirt

10485196.png

(that's his mom, btw)

10460623.png

(from teasers)

10437071.png

(from preview)

This scene here. I think it really is JY that stole NE stuff, he must have done so for his mother who will guilt trip him into helping his father. I think NE will find evidence that could prove his father tampered with evidence and JY was forced to take his family's side and betrayed NE even after they have grown close and started a relationship. I don't believe she will know it's him but he'll push her away due to his guilt and tell her he doesn't love her and he is working to a big star and make lots of money. They might even make him pretend to get with Miss Im to break up with her.

I am very sure whatever happened in the past was done from his side since he has no animosity towards her but she does agaisnt him.

I think I might cry next week when he breaks her heart and hate him just a little for it.

@tieu yeu nu I thought, that him stealing her bag, will lead to accident or something like, 'cause she probably will instinctively run after a robber, even if he is on motorcycle.

I also believe that their bitter past was his fault. But, the way No Eul looked at his banners and reacted to words, that he died (just in his drama... yet), made me curious, if she really knows what he done or she just angry, that he disappeared/abandoned her. 

Archived