[Drama 2016] Uncontrollably Fond 함부로 애틋하게

aureolina

Dramas get lift from pre-production

07213840.jpg

Descendents’ success showed how valuable filming in advance can be

Korean dramas are known for hitting the air before production has been completed, but that’s changing after the success of KBS2’s“Descendants of the Sun.”

Breaking the trend, “Descendents of the Sun” started airing only after production had been wrapped — which allowed the show to simultaneously run in China and rise to huge popularity.

Upcoming romantic comedy drama “Uncontrollably Fond” (KBS2) is following the lead.

Just like “Descendents of the Sun,” the drama will air only after production has wrapped and ink has dried on the sale of broadcasting rights to a Chinese streaming website.

It stars A-listers like Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy, and follows two friends separated in childhood who meet again as adults.

The changes are part of a broader shift in the production of Korean dramas.

In addition to completing filming before the air date, drama producers are finding new ways to sell broadcasting rights, secure domestic and foreign investment and create merchandise tie-ins.

“Unconditionally Fond,” for example, will air on TV in Korea, quickly followed by Hong Kong, mainland China and Taiwan. It will also become available in the United States on the streaming website “DramaFever.”

“If we send the master edit in advance, subtitles can be prepared or dubbing can be done beforehand and the content can be released around the world at nearly the same time,” said Yun Eun-jeong, a deputy at Samhwa Networks, the production company behind “Uncontrollably Fond.”
“The world can already communicate through social media in real time, so people who buy broadcasting rights want them available in their country as soon as possible.”

It’s a model that, in many ways, reflects the influence of streaming services like Netflix in the United States.

“Video services like Netflix release whole TV series at once,” said Kim Yeon-seong, the head of HB Entertainment, which produced the massively popular drama “My Love from the Star.”

“Taking this into consideration, pre-production is not merely an option considering both domestic and global channels.”

But contrary to those demands, it’s still not possible for all dramas to be pre-produced. Currently, enough investment to finish a drama is hard to secure before it starts airing and proves to be a hit — unless the drama boasts a star-studded cast.

“Works that can receive large investments beforehand are special cases,” said Yun.

“But we are looking forward to more dramas receiving investments in advance for their good storyline in the future.”

BY LEE HOO-NAM [estyle@joongang.co.kr]
http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3021019

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. I just highly anticipated two drama in my life.. First, DOTS n not long time ago, UF.. And yes.. It works.. Lol..

i love how fast the file ready to download, the file size is not really killing me, the sub as fast as well..

Woobin is very suit to be jerk lol.. I love the way he act just like in Twenty..

But i think UF has rich storyline which is, honestly, made me going crazy about "how is next episode"

Enjoy this drama.. 

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to say that no illegal links allowed on soompi. Sometimes when DF negotiates for a license the content provider provides the episodes early for their subbers. Either way any site other than DF and viki links not allowed as they rip the legal subs.

I wasn't reading much before this drama started so was shocked the male lead is supposed to die. But the pacing is nice and seamless. Guess pre production has helped. It's fine being winter here since its freaking  3 C here at present in my city. Although feels bizzare as a typhoon is about to hit S Korea today. 

I am going to have to backtrack to page 1 and read the plot now. Since the recent comments don't really tell me about what happened in ep 2. Just all those 1 liners and comments about ratings. You guys realize that when you post on a drama thread you are supposed to comment on the drama right? I am pretty sure it's still a soompi rule. Did you come to watch the drama and share about the episode or just obssess over ratings. If you're really keen to increase the buzz for Korean audiences because they govern the ratings you should go to Navers. Because international fans like us don't count. Unless your country ie China and their streaming portals has brought the licenses to screen it. 

Going to page 1 now. I swear I initially remember reading about the 2nd leads and thinking I like both actors. Going to stare some more- can't remember seeing the female 2nd lead yesterday.  Well the good thing about coming in clueless is that this drama's plot is truly a surprise every week. Since I didn't even follow any articles or trailers. Don't even recall the writer's previous works.

10386015.png

OMG Shin Sajang hahaha.. He's to cute..

Well just like so many tsundere character nowadays.. Tend to be harsh but  actually warm hearted..

I want to enjoy this drama but some of my friends on grup keeps brag about rating.. Well not really comfortable with the issue lol.. I dont care about rating usually but Im watching another drama too in same slot time lol.. haha.. Just like hurt my pride when it comes to the rating, i think both of this drama has a great actor.. Nice shoot...

@ck1Oz people live in different time zones. For example it's bloody 5am here. We have ahead 5 days before 3rd episode comes out to summon up what we think about drama, considering 2nd episode was out for less than 10 hours (most of which come to night time, through I'm working right now (and re-watching episode for 3rd time) so I didn't get chance to sleep yet). And 'cause rating results come out, that's natural, for people talk about it for sometime, before moving. Not like we do that all the time. And I personally prefer, as probably all human beings, discuss something complicated, when I'm not in desperate need for sleep. Thank you for taking interest, and not to sound rude, but really it's not hard to find information about this drama, watch and come with cohensive opinion, to spark discussion, if you want. If it's hard and you still confused, you can always ask and if we know what's going on, we will replay. That's one of the way to discuss things too. 

I will write my opinion in couple of hours. Maybe later.

As for the links, from now on I will make sure to inform to take them down if I see anyone is sharing. Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, little-star said:

Can some one please explain the bus scene for me ? why did he ask her to seduce him ? I don't get it ?:confused:

Either bad writing or very deep.

Deep-wise - he does not want to be a prosecutor and thinks he can't get there.  So, he wants to use being crazy in love with someone as an excuse to himself so that he can give up on his mothers dream for him to be a prosecutor.

Since it was too deep and completely unnecessary, I thought it was bad writing!!  

On 8 июля 2016 г. at 5:47 AM, little-star said:

Can some one please explain the bus scene for me ? why did he ask her to seduce him ? I don't get it ?:confused:

As I understood it. So Joon Young dumped his previous girl (Na Ri) and No Eul accused him for doing so just 'cause he couldn't focus on studying by being too distracted with his love life which in her opinion far better than wanting to become procurator, after she talked with Choi Hyung Joon about her dad's accident. She also humiliated Joon Young infront of his dad exposing, that he is below 200th place in his school and far from being brightest of the bunch (or in his case, he just lazy and never focused on studying as he should have been). So he got angry with her. JY asking her to seduce him, from stopping to become procurator, basically just teasing her, perfectly knowing, that she wouldn't, so he could give her warn "then I would". That's why he laughed telling JK that "brat picked on the wrong guy".

Spoiler

I'm also considering as option, that there can be a translation defect. I'm waiting KBS WORLD version. DF previously in teaser translated phrase about bribe as "you not as rude as I imagined you to be". 

What did you guys think about the ending when JY said this is not the NE he knows?

He glanced at the fact that NE picked up the money he threw at her so I'm guessing because she used to be really righteous, now she just kisses up to people with more authority. Especially since what happened with her father, did JY think that NE, of all people would become someone more revolved around justice?

Anyone knows what's the rating for yesterday episode ? I really liked the episode 2. It portray how JY will get attracted to NE. HY is attracted to her mainly because he thought she didn't like him. But she did fall for him, is just that he is hugging another girl. I'm curious why JY decided to ditch NR. Was he just playing with her or ? 

How disappointing to know that JY's dad covers her own daughter crime!! And how JY looked up to him, I hate it. Sorry to say that.. 

I'm anticipating the next episode to see how they truly fall in love with each other and what broke them up. 

Archived