[Drama 2016] Uncontrollably Fond 함부로 애틋하게

aureolina

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

I don't think JY has Parkinson..my grandfather had one and he didn't die in 1 yr. It's a neurology department so they might just be talking about the other patients..

Anyway with that cliffhanger, I don't think they'll lose viewers. It's flawless melodrama at its finest scene.:wub: 

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DragoonKain3 said:

Personally, I loved the pilot (shame No Eul and Joon Young doesn't seem to be childhood friends though). 

Strange...In all the descriptions of this series that I read they are said to be childhood friends...Are you sure they aren't? I hoped they were, I love childhood friend stories more than any other kind of romance.

7 minutes ago, Hobgoblin2015 said:

Strange...In all the descriptions of this series that I read they are said to be childhood friends...Are you sure they aren't? I hoped they were, I love childhood friend stories more than any other kind of romance.

I love the cheesy childhood stories too. I hope this is not another poor girl, rich guy story.. o.o

Listen: Im Seulong And Rapper Kisum Release Sweet Duet For “Uncontrollably Fond” OST

Listen: Im Seulong And Rapper Kisum Release Sweet Duet For “Uncontrollably Fond” OST

Singer Im Seulong and rapper Kisum have released a collaboration OST for “Uncontrollably Fond.”

After revealing that Im Seulong and Kisum’s “Find the Differences” will be used as Kim Woo Bin and Suzy‘s couple theme song, the drama has released the track!

Uncontrollably Fond

This song highlights Im Seulong’s clean and charming voice as Kisum’s rap lifts the mood of the track. It will be added to Kim Woo Bin and Suzy’s lovely scenes to make the atmosphere even more romantic.

Listen to the song below

Meanwhile, “Uncontrollably Fond” aired its first episode on July 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/06/listen-im-seulong-rapper-kisum-release-sweet-duet-uncontrollably-fond-ost/

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Uncontrollably Fond" Episode 1

2016/07/06 

photo744051.jpg

Nearly a year has passed since the first whispers of new pre-produced KBS2 drama "Uncontrollably Fond"began floating about. Writer Lee Kyeong-hee who penned popular dramas such as "Nice Guy", "Will It Snow for Christmas?", and "A Love to Kill" returns for another sixteen episode with Director Park Hyeon-seok of sageuk sensation "The Princess' Man" and the recent "Spy - Drama". It came in on top of the pack at 12.5%.

The first episode of "Uncontrollably Fond" was beautifully shot as is typical of Director Park, but tonally ambiguous, which is typical of Writer Lee. Filming began back in November of 2015 and finished three months ago in April. Pre-production means the drama can't be completely altered to cater to ratings, which is nice.

Spoiler

uf 1uf2

Leads Kim Woo-bin as Shin Joon-yeong and Suzy as No Eul fit well into their roles thus far. Woo-bin has long since mastered the smoldering, anguished look, which is necessary in this role. His character, diagnosed with terminal illness, is distressed by his imminent death and vacillates between arrogance, kindness, confusion, and angsty, long thinking sessions. 'Suzy"s character is struggling to pay back a massive loan shark debt and manipulates, cajoles, and does pretty much anything to acquire the money to do so and care for her younger brother who we have not yet met. As an actress, Suzy has well-portrayed her character up to this point without her typical awkwardness.

Im Joo-hwan as Choi Ji-tae is introduced as a quietly pining, side-handedly supportive second male lead. Not much of the character was shown, and the second female played by Lim Joo-eun (reunited with her "What's Up" co-actor Im Joo-hwan") has not yet appeared. Short introductions of Ji-tae's family were made and a longer presentation of Joon-yeong's strained relationship with his mother filled out the melodrama of"Uncontrollably Fond".

Spoiler

uf3uf4

When Joon-yeong and No Eul meet again, they pretend not to know each other, speaking in formal language. The episode ends with a direct confrontation that forces their past relationship to the surface. From the trailers and press releases we know they were lovers who were forced to part. They meet again in the present day and have to overcome not only the past, but their altered personalities. Truth be told, I'm not quite sure what their personalities are in the present because they are all over the place. I'm more curious to see how Suzyperforms than I am in the story at this point. Compared to the beauty of the drama and the framing of the shots, it was lackluster. But it is only the first episode. I'll hold out to see what happens.

So, deadly disease? Check. Loan sharks? Check. Family strain? Check. Looks like we have everything we need to embark on a Lee Kyeong-hee drama. 

Written by: Lisa Espinosa AKA Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-uncontrollably-fond-episode-1-96438.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DRAMA RECAPS
Uncontrollably Fond: Episode 1
by javabeans | July 6, 2016

Uncontrollably Fond has been one of the more buzzed-about projects of the year, and it finally premiered—to a strong start, upending the Wednesday-Thursday pecking order and claiming the top spot. (It grabbed 12.5% ratings, while Wanted drew 7.0% and Lucky Romance dropped to 6.6%.)

I went into Uncontrollably Fond with cautious optimism, not wanting to expect too much on one hand, and also not wanting the hype to stir that perverse contrarian streak inside, where you want anything that’s overhyped to fail. (Some things that are hyped are good! We can’t let other people’s expectations ruin our enjoyment of things! Don’t let them win!) Perhaps it helped to consciously avoid the buzz, because I was able to go in with a pretty clean slate, and found this premiere engaging and surprisingly moving. Also curiosity-stoking. Next episode, please! *holds out hand expectantly*

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/uncontrollably-fond-episode-1/

3 hours ago, uglypearl said:

This drama is fine for me...

I don't mind if this drama will have a sad ending ... I'm prepared for it if that is going to happen.

Anything could happen and I accept what will be the drama's ending.

I have nothing against the sad ending too. Such stories should also be. We can't exist in an eternal fairy tale with a happy ending...

2 hours ago, Queen_Of_Baekje said:

I don't think JY has Parkinson..my grandfather had one and he didn't die in 1 yr. It's a neurology department so they might just be talking about the other patients..

Anyway with that cliffhanger, I don't think they'll lose viewers. It's flawless melodrama at its finest scene.:wub: 

I also don't think that this is Parkinson. Yes, department associated with this kind of disease. Most likely Parkinson was mentioned for audience. We should be clear what kind of disease is sick JY.
I thought that if he is physically healthy, it is related to psychiatry. We will see.

In general, I prefer movies and dramas that touch the soul. Someone prefers corn, someone just wants to relax while watching drama. UF for me. I want to feel and empathize. Honestly I have tears more than once. Now the conversation scenes between JY's mother and her friend. When he said that JY had gone, desired of visitor spoon of soup, I was very touched. It is evident that a mother loves her son, but in life it happens that there are conflicts between parents and children, sometimes pretty tough.

I'm watching with translation (or rather try to, work work work:angry:) it is a pity that I can't do it without being distracted.

Thanks to everyone for recaps!!!

Dramabeans' recap and comments were better than I thought. Couldn't resist reading it in the end /sigh Why do I do this to myself. But I am pleasantly surprised by the positive comments and that they won't judge it based on only one episode.  

Well it seems that the first episode is getting a lot of mixed reviews! Everyone including me has been anticipating this drama for the longest and it's finally here! There were so many different promos for this drama too! I see many are saying things like "this was boring" or "they hyped this drama up for nothing". For me I actually enjoyed the first episode. This episode was basically the ground work or the base for how the show will start off. Not all dramas are going to be boom bam drama action all the time. With that being said here is my review on the characters for what happened in the first episode. 

NE- She is really trying to make ends meet and I am very curious as to what happened to her and her brother that made her get into a situation like this. From the previews I'm getting that her father died in an accident and it wasn't brought to justice. NE is hurting really badly and she lets people trash talk her that she only wants money without saying what is really going on with her because she doesn't want pity. I understand why she wants money so bad now. Something terrible happened between her and JY or she wouldn't pretend to not remember him. She did it on purpose to him to show that she didn't know that JY, the famous star that everyone loves and talks about. She knew the JY she met in the past, and the new JY wasn't him. I'm curious to see how her feelings change towards him. 

JY- Boy you are not going to die. If you do die I will be very surprised but it won't happen till the last episode if you do die. In the previews I was wondering why he was being such a d word but I understand now. He's been told that he only has one year left, I mean that still doesn't justify him being rude towards others but if I was just told I was going to die within a year and I'm like not even 27 I would be upset too. Now I can understand a little why NE pretended not to know him but why did he pretend not to know her? What truly happened to these two?? What also happened b/w him and his mother for her to be so rude to her own son. Some many questions!! 

Ji-Tae: Nothing really on him just yet. He is just disguising himself for some reason and he definitely didn't tell NE he got bank. I want to know more about their relationship and how they met. 

OTP: I'll be so mad no livid if JY truly dies. Like what NE and JY are going to get together, get married, she gets pregnant (lol just maybe), and he dies leaving her as a widow, pregnant, and her baby has no father?!!! BRUH writers I will come to South Korea and smack you if that happens. I don't care if he realizes that he needs to live life to the fullest before he dies and still leaves NE alone!!! He won't die guys, he can't! Maybe the writers only put that in there so we can anxiety. But you can tell that Suzy and Woo Bin have amazing chemistry like I'm so in love right now. I need to see more though!!! My ship has sailed and it will stay afloat I tell you!!!! 

Overall nice start to the series in my opinion! 19 more episodes left to go!! Let's all cry together and have a great time with this drama that they both have worked so hard on and all of the rest of the actors, writers, directors, and producers! :w00t:

4783_UncontrollablyFond_Nowplay_Small.jp

one more article

Lim, Kisum create new track for ‘Fond’

Singer Lim Seul-ong and rapper Kisum have created a new background track for the upcoming KBS2 drama “Uncontrollably Fond.”

The song, “Finding Non-matching Picture,” was released at midnight on Thursday.

It was the second background track released for the drama. The first, “Ring My Bell,” was performed by Suzy, who is also playing a lead role in “Fond.”

Lim’s pure and sophisticated voice matches well with Kisum’s unique rapping style, and the bright, mid-tempo song is expected to raise tension between Suzy and actor Kim Woo-bin, the fictional couple in the drama.

Lim, 29, is a talented singer who debuted as a member of ballad trio 2AM in 2008.

He has recently been working on his solo career more than with his group.

In addition to features on background tracks for dramas like “Mrs. Cop 2,” which was aired in the early part of this year, Lim has also begun acting. He has starred in the drama “Love Cells 2” (2015) and movie “26 Years” (2012).

Kisum is a rising 22-year-old rapper that made herself known through the all-girl survival audition program “Unpretty Rap Star” (2015). Some of her recent releases include “Love Talk” and “Liar.”

By Jin Min-ji

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3020934

Kim Woo Bin and Suzy's new drama 'Indiscreetly Fondly' achieved the high viewer ratings!

0ea84a6ea8a91a9d7a823ab3ffae8522_1467868
Photos from KBS2

Girl idol group Miss A's Suzy and actor Kim Woo Bin's new drama 'Indiscreetly Fondly' finally unveiled. This drama portrays the love stories of a famous movie star 'Shin Joon-Young (Kim Woo Bin)' and a documentary producer 'No Eul (Suzy).' 

The first episode of 'Indiscreetly Fondly' was broadcast last night and achieved the highest viewership ratings. This drama is currently airing every Wednesday and Thursday night on KBS2.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Korea.com's Emily You contributed to this report from Seoul. [E-mail: maintyoung@korea.com]

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1081

congratulations everybody!!!

y4w4f205n19x11k3p6rfknbdu6phe3m4.jpg (photo by bntnews DB)

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] KBS drama ‘Uncontrollably Fond’ held its production conference at Grand Hyatt Seoul in Hannam-dong, Seoul on July 4.

‘Uncontrollably Fond’ is an abrasive and fond love story that a man and a woman got separated when they were young, but got to meet as a superstar and a documentary producer. Bae Suzy, Kim Woo Bin, Lim Joo Hwan, Lim Joo Eun and others will feature in it.

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=31272

(LEAD) 'Uncontrollably Fond' geared up for capturing global audience with all things love

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, July 4 (Yonhap) -- KBS' highly anticipated new series "Uncontrollably Fond" features all different kinds of feelings one can experience when in love -- excitement, passion, maturity, loss and separation, the producer said Monday.

"Writer Lee Kyung-hee used to say that she wanted to write a story that compares love's different feelings to the different features of the four seasons," said producer Park Hyun-seok during a press conference in central Seoul.

"It is not about one side of love but all different kinds of feelings one can feel as love deepens," he said. "In a word, I would say love equals salvation."

Media hype and anticipation from Korean drama fans have recently heightened as the 20-part series nears its premiere on Wednesday and more importantly, the two lead roles are being played by South Korean stars Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy.

Spoiler

Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy pose for a photo during a press conference in Seoul on July 4, 2016.(Yonhap)

Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy pose for a photo during a press conference in Seoul on July 4, 2016.(Yonhap)

Kim makes his comeback as superstar Shin Joon-young in the romantic series. He plays a top actor-singer who reunites with his childhood crush Noh Eul, a documentary producer, played by Bae. The two had to part due to some unfortunate, yet-to-be-known events. Kim became popular in and out of the country in "The Heirs" back in 2013.

"It wasn't like Shin wanted to become an actor in the beginning. But the incident five years ago uprooted his life completely and changed his life forever," said Kim.

Bae, who is also a member of girl group miss A, said she deeply sympathized with the girl Noh Eul who had no choice but to compromise with reality after the incident five years ago, and became an outright snob who does whatever it takes to get what she wants.

The duo said they decided to join the show after reading only the synopsis, not the entire script, because the message that the writer tried to convey was so clear-cut and beautiful.

"The synopsis has the last scene, which captured me completely," Kim said. Regarding the filming environment, he said "The writer and producer gave us total confidence, which helped us work more comfortably. As we knew that they believed in us, we could push ourselves to work harder," he said.

Spoiler

Four cast members and the producer Park Hyun-seok (C) of KBS's new series "Uncontrollably Fond" pose for a photo during a press conference in Seoul on July 4, 2016. (Yonhap)

Four cast members and the producer Park Hyun-seok (C) of KBS's new series "Uncontrollably Fond" pose for a photo during a press conference in Seoul on July 4, 2016. (Yonhap)

According to its production company Samhwa Networks Co., the drama will premiere in 11 countries. In China, it will be streamed on Youku Tudou. It has also sold the broadcasting rights to DramaFever Corp., a video website owned by Warners Bros., where the show will start on the same date. In Taiwan and Hong Kong, it will be shown not online but on TV.

The series is said to have been sold to China's Youku for US$250,000 per episode, which equals the rate of mega hit "Descendant of the Sun" from the same network when it was sold to iQiyi, the Chinese broadcasting and video sharing platform.

It cost around 10 billion won (US$8.7 million) to produce and it has completed production in its entirety before it goes on air, like recently-ended "Descendants of the Sun" did.

"It was my first time to be part of such a setting and I liked it because I had more time on my side for reading the script and sleeping more," Bae said. "Also I had more time to get facial treatment," she added, laughing out loud.

Kim said he expected the setting to help achieve a higher level of completion of the show, although producing it bit by bit based on the progress of a script had its own merits, such as there being more chances to reflect real-time viewer responses to the storyline.

"After this show, I tell my mom and dad that I love them more often that I did," Kim said. "I hope the show would make audience's heart grow warm and remind them of love."

Reflecting high interest in the show from overseas, the conference was live streamed via China's Youku.

The Wednesday-Thursday series will premiere on Wednesday and run through Sept. 8.

Spoiler

A poster for KBS's new series "Uncontrollably Fond" (Yonhap)

A poster for KBS's new series "Uncontrollably Fond" (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/07/04/0701000000AEN20160704008251315.html

@onlysb1 hello roomate :D glad you liked first ep.. Me too, these days korean ent production alot romcom :mellow: im glad lee kyung hee writernim is back :) 

just lower 2 point from my expectation but im glad with two digit :D (pic credit to owner) but, I ALWAYS TRUST LEE KYUNG HEE WRITER :D 

The saddest part from first ep was, when ne tried to kiss her boss A** i feel like, is there not any kind word to say "you fired her"?she already felt ashamed with her act, but still continue to make for living :( on the phone with her bro, she mad at him because he only eat bread. Her life really mess :(

And the last scenes just like climax for JY feeling, because NE pretend just like not to know him :(

Archived