Surviving Members of Ladies’ Code to Sing New Song in Memory of RiSe and EunB

After announcing that there would be a special Ladies’ Code memorial concert in memory of RiSe and EunB, it has been further revealed that Ashley, Sojung, and Zuny will be singing a new song at the concert. “I Want to Smile Even Though it Hurts” was written in honor of RiSe and EunB. Member Sojung directly participated in […]

The post Surviving Members of Ladies’ Code to Sing New Song in Memory of RiSe and EunB appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest jhainje

That's going to be so emotional for them. I couldn't imagine performing a song dedicated to lost members at a memorial concert. I don't think I'd be able to get through it. I hope they manage well and can have strength. A year isn't that much time considering a lot of the time they used to heal both physically and emotionally. I honestly think it'd be too soon for them mentally to prepare a promotional period, so I hope their agency isn't forcing that on them.

Guest novadestin

That's going to be so emotional for them. I couldn't imagine performing a song dedicated to lost members at a memorial concert. I don't think I'd be able to get through it. I hope they manage well and can have strength. A year isn't that much time considering a lot of the time they used to heal both physically and emotionally. I honestly think it'd be too soon for them mentally to prepare a promotional period, so I hope their agency isn't forcing that on them.

Yes, singing the song will be hard. But, having gone through similar traumatic events in my own past, I know full well that having outlets like this can be amazingly beneficial. It's a very common way to cope so I can easily imagine them being eager to not only have something to do aside from "sit in misery" (which is what a lot of people seem to think grief should look like) but also to have a way to honor their friends and comfort their fans at the same time.

Also, it's not a promotional period. This article clearly says that no album or promotion plans have been decided and another article, which was not used for a source on this one, says activities are not expected. It's just a song for the memorial concert that will be released afterwards. Though, if the girls do wish to then go promote the song afterwards, kudos to them. The idea that their agency is forcing them into this is ridiculous.

(Note: I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but seriously... that's become an excuse for whenever idols do something that fans don't like/want/agree with and it just annoys me :P)

Archived