[Drama 2015/2016] The Merchant : Gaekju 2015 장사의 신-객주 2015 | Wed/Thur 10 PM KST

Prettysup

This looks like it would be serious ... I am loving it... 

I'm kind of tired of the romantic dramas with their love triangles with the predictable plot (the classic---both like each other but never confesses- then confessing at ep12...- some kind of break up due tp noble idiocy - patch up-end )  I am hunting for dramas which do not have this standard setup. This definitely shouts out to me...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like it would be serious ... I am loving it... 

I'm kind of tired of the romantic dramas with their love triangles with the predictable plot (the classic---both like each other but never confesses- then confessing at ep12...- some kind of break up due tp noble idiocy - patch up-end )  I am hunting for dramas which do not have this standard setup. This definitely shouts out to me...

Yeah this is definitely not the run-of-the-mill type of romantic dramas . Looking forward to see how the merchants will fight and see the hero retain his righteousness. 

Article on the press conference from https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/

Gaekju – Press conference and rice wreath

Rate This

We want to send a BIG THANKS to all of you who cooperated to send Jang Hyuk all our support during Gaekju’s press conference. Look at the pictures below and feel free to freaaak out when you see Hyukie standing next to Stuck on Hyuk’s wreath! :D

Many thanks to Vanilla Latte for this picture img_5115.jpg?w=600&h=600  

img_5103.jpg?w=500 

Quotes fron the press conference – translated by Gumi

“If Daegil is the one who only lives today, Bongsam is the one who reflects on how he lived yesterday.He is the one who lives tomorrow with memories from yesterday” – Jang Hyuk

img_5114.jpg?w=500

“Our filming site was not a place to create, it was a stage to present. Everybody had to come immersed in characters. – Jang Hyuk

img_5113.jpg?w=500  

“The synopsis I received was about 400 pages. Every actor here is the one who was willing to read such long synopsis.” – Kim Min Jung

“It’s important for the actors to quickly get into their characters. I’m not a fan of re-shooting. Our actors are ready and they are in characters, so filming moves on quickly. I’m satisfied.”- Director Kim Jong Sun

" Just spend a little time with Jang Hyuk and you immediately know he is a very good person". – Kim Min Jung

“In SoGC I thought Wang So transforming would be interesting. In this drama, my character slowly grows to be responsible over 36 eps. He learns about weight he didn’t know before. I think I’d be able to show something I couldn’t as Wang So.” – Jang Hyuk

Jang Hyuk and Yoo Oh Sung are charismatic actors with manly charm even with their clothes on – Gaekju’s novel writer.

“Average age at our site is about 50 yrs old. When I watch seniors’ dense acting, I feel like I’m learning step by step again.  I hope to learn the 10 years of experience and better myself.” – Jang Hyuk

img_5106.jpg?w=500

Credit : https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2015/09/19/gaekju-press-conference-and-rice-wreath/

This is really promising and will watch it cause of JH.   Hopefully, they will do the English sub ASAP. 

@Prettysup, thanks for starting this thread, @valsava, hello chingu!!

Waving @dulceres,    @prettysup,  Hi,

I have to ask all that's participating in this thread what's up with the hats on the men do the younger men wear small hats and the older ones the bigger and wider hats do it has something to do with status in those days..

@prettysup,  Thanks for the press conference photos

This is really promising and will watch it cause of JH.   Hopefully, they will do the English sub ASAP. 

@Prettysup, thanks for starting this thread, @valsava, hello chingu!!

Waving @dulceres,    @prettysup,  Hi,

I have to ask all that's participating in this thread what's up with the hats on the men do the younger men wear small hats and the older ones the bigger and wider hats do it has something to do with status in those days..

@prettysup,  Thanks for the press conference photos

i'm not sure with my answer but i think it can be with status like you said or type of work (?), sorry if it doesn't help to answer your question, and thanks for all of your information too @Prettysup

@Prettysup

Once again those pics, their costumes. Nice!

Oh man, why am I liking this more and more?! me who doesn't watch historical period costume dramas ( except Bridal Mask).  Must be those  gorg hanboks! Ha ha. But I read the intro plot (pg.1) and I'll watch this drama for the story. And  except Han Chae Ah?  I'm not familiar with actors.

@Prettysup

Once again those pics, their costumes. Nice!

Oh man, why am I liking this more and more?! me who doesn't watch historical period costume dramas ( except Bridal Mask).  Must be those  gorg hanboks! Ha ha. But I read the intro plot (pg.1) and I'll watch this drama for the story. And  except Han Chae Ah?  I'm not familiar with actors.

Hi, @jongski,  All the men that are the leads in this Saguek and the co stars have mastered they roles in Saguek the one in the top still with JH with the small hat on he played the 2nd male lead in Joseon Gunmam he's good at playing a villain in any drama check him out also.. Even though 6 flying dragon is also another good coming out in October it's a sequel to Tree with deep roots which JH also played the lead role I think you should watch TWDR before the other one starts while your following Merchant Gaekju.. You will find yourself appreciating JH more and more in whatever drama he plays in I'm surprised he didn't take a role in flying dragons

@valsava I think the hats the guys wore during the press conference (gats) are those for higher status people. The other type (with the 2 white buns at the sides) are for the commoners.

@jongski You should watch Chuno, its an epic saguek with such breathtaking acting and cinematography that did not have the usual royal bickering stuffs. It was the show which made me fall in love with Jang Hyuk.

@valsava I think the hats the guys wore during the press conference (gats) are those for higher status people. The other type (with the 2 white buns at the sides) are for the commoners.

@jongski You should watch Chuno, its an epic saguek with such breathtaking acting and cinematography that did not have the usual royal bickering stuffs. It was the show which made me fall in love with Jang Hyuk.

@prettysup  I watch Chuno and loved JH in it I didn't realize he was that petite until I watch Chuno.. I guess when it comes to him and Saguek's I've pretty much seen them all be it a movie or a drama

Yes I thought that's what those hats represented the class status

Archived