[Drama 2015/2016] The Merchant : Gaekju 2015 장사의 신-객주 2015 | Wed/Thur 10 PM KST

Prettysup

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit : https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/

Gaekju – Teasers and official posters

1 Vote

I absolutely LOVE the Gaekju posters. The wardrobe is spectacular for the females but also for the guys!  Even the “regular folk” outfits look on point on this drama. It gives it a very authentic feel. 

img_5087.jpg?w=500  

img_5085.jpg?w=500 

And the charisma battle going on right here! I’m totally feeling Bongsam’s playful character :D 
img_5086.jpg?w=500 

Check out the poster making BTS to see more of these beautiful outfits. 

MORE PICS

img_5083.jpg?w=500  
img_5080.jpg?w=500  img_5079.jpg?w=500  
img_5077.jpg?w=500  img_5076.jpg?w=500  
img_5075.jpg?w=500  img_5074.jpg?w=500  
img_5073.jpg?w=500

Credit : https://instagram.com/janghyuk_no.1/

Cheon BongSam (cast Jang Hyuk) .

In the middle of his 20's. The most successful and wealthiest merchant in Chosun Dynasty. 

He is an icon of hope in this era, who practices business ethics. 

At the age of 8, he lost his faher, Cheon Osu who was the owner of Cheonga Gaekju. He became an orphant cuz he was abandoned by his sister Cheon SoRye, but he doesn't give up and becomes a market puller-in and rebuilds Cheonga Gaekju. 
He meets Cho SungJun, who respects Cheon Osu, and learns what money and the owner position of Gaekju means.

Meantime, he opposes Shin SeokJu, who gains all the money and commercial supremacy. Moreover, he stands against Gil SoGae, who threatens other peddlers and him with trickery. 

Cheon Bong Sam is a typical man of loyalty who doesn't hesitate to help others even when his life is at stake. Therefore, he is always respected and admired by others. As he has extraordinary intelligence and wits, he has been called "Teacher Bong" from childhood. . .
(Based on the character introduction posted on the official site of this drama)

cast_08_1.jpg

Gaekju – Teasers and official posters

I absolutely LOVE the Gaekju posters. The wardrobe is spectacular for the females but also for the guys!  Even the “regular folk” outfits look on point on this drama. It gives it a very authentic feel. 

And the charisma battle going on right here! I’m totally feeling Bongsam’s playful character :D  

Check out the poster making BTS to see more of these beautiful outfits. 

MORE PICS

Sorry for cutting your post

well i love the Gaekju posters too but i don't know why i prefer and like this poster, Bongsam the Explorer: how to become a wealthy merchant hehehe, ya i also feeling bongsam's playful character hehee

12002125_723378847789866_755170994328991

Credit : http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/merchants-face-off-in-master-of-trade-inn-2015/

Merchants face off in Master of Trade—Inn 2015
by javabeans | September 15, 2015 | 12 Comments

inn_42.jpg

inn_43.jpg

KBS sageuk Master of Trade—Inn 2015 has released a batch of posters (and a bunch of stills as well), and they’re really quite lovely. Sometimes sageuk dramas have a tendency to churn out posters that look like every other sageuk drama out there, but I always like when a production manages to make theirs pop. (My favorite is the solo shot of Jang Hyuk, below, though the group shot with the fan and merchant’s chest isn’t bad either.)

In the drama, Jang Hyuk takes the lead as the innkeeper and peddler who works his way up to becoming a business magnate. More to the point, he does it the right way, without resorting to corrupt tactics like everyone else in the current system where the government officials and rich merchants profit, and the peddlers at the bottom suffer. Nothing changes, does it? That righteousness is a key part of the hero’s identity and also the drama’s tagline; the copy on the posters reads, “A tradesman who builds wealth not through greed but righteously.”

It sounds like greed is a more prevalent trait in our other characters, such as rival Yoo Oh-sung, a businessman with his eye on nabbing the title of king of commerce, whom Jang Hyuk shown facing off against in the top poster. Kim Min-jung has an interesting setup playing a woman who dresses as a man to peddle goods, but also has another identity as a shaman; her difficult background made her tough and full of greed for things she can’t have. Han Chae-ah, meanwhile, is said to have a love that cannot be with Jang Hyuk (I’m guessing one-sided?), and is often described as beautiful and sad.

In the group poster with the rest of the secondary cast, we also have actors Lee Deok-hwa as the most successful merchant around, Park Eun-hye as Jang Hyuk’s sister, Moon Ga-young as Han Chae-ah’s maidservant who acts as helper for her and Jang Hyuk, and Kim Kyu-chul looking like he always does in dramas—smirky and nefarious.

Master of Trade—Inn 2015 premieres on September 23, airing as a Wednesday-Thursday drama.

inn_40.jpg

inn_41.jpg

inn10.jpg

inn12.jpg

inn5.jpg

inn8.jpg

inn9.jpg

inn6.jpg

inn13.jpg

inn37.jpg

inn15.jpg

inn17.jpg