[Drama 2015/2016] The Merchant : Gaekju 2015 장사의 신-객주 2015 | Wed/Thur 10 PM KST

Prettysup

Hello @prettysup,  Thanks for the update stills 

It's been  while for actor Kim Seung Soo he's been real low on the radar. What he did about 2 or 3 dramas after Jumong and I kind of lost track of him after that..   

He was very good in Jumong.

Can't wait for this drama. I too am tired of sageuks about kings.

@silentcal_stv,  This was my first time see actor Kin Soo Hae was in Jumong he played prince Daesoo loved him in that role what is the actor doing that's playing Youngpo any news of him ?  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LAcruiser, I hope KBS gives us a confirmed English title soon coz I am so confused also.

@valsava, I think competition from She was pretty and The village would be tough for the ratings but hopefully Korean viewers will love Gaekju more, hehe.. so which is the other Saguek you will be watching for fall/winter season ?

@prettysup,  I'll be watching both I've been following 6 FD thread since it opened so these two is a must for me I'm also interested in the village so I'll just say I'll be looking at them all and following all the threads as usual.. Sleep will be back on a schedule again but I think it will work out since I'll be in Reno Vegas area for two months  

hi @valsava nice to see you again, well i also interested with she's pretty and the village so it'll be hard for me because they'll be in the same time so just like you i'll be watching and following them because they have a different genre :) 

hello @prettysup and everyone, i'm looking forward for this drama because like you said this is saeguk drama but not about royal family and i'm interested about the merchant's life in joseon era. hope this drama can give a new atmosphere :) 

Hello @ailanthus, yeah I also hope this drama will be good. I am also interested in the village so I guess I have to space them out to watch.

Guest silentcal_stv

@silentcal_stv

Wow u have listed my 3 favourite sagueks as well, high five ! Da Jang Geum was my first kdrama and I didnt watch any more for a long time after that. Recently I began to pick them up again, and Chuno and TWDR stole my heart utterly (and made me a fan-girl of JH).

Let's hope The Merchant would join the list of our favourite sagueks .

Oh btw u realised Park Eun Hye was the supporting character in Da Jang Geum? She will be acting as JH's sister in this show!

I didn't know Park Eun Hye was in this drama, that's cool. :) Jang Hyuk is probably my favorite male actor. The woman who wrote Dae Jang Geum was also a writer on TWDR (and also on Queen Seon Duk, if I remember correctly). She is also a writer on the Six Flying Dragons drama, but that drama just looks like a bunch of princes fighting over the throne, which doesn't interest me. The other drama I'm looking forward to is the one Lee Young Ae will star in, Saimdang, the Herstory.

It's been  while for actor Kim Seung Soo he's been real low on the radar. What he did about 2 or 3 dramas after Jumong and I kind of lost track of him after that..   

@silentcal_stv,  This was my first time see actor Kin Soo Hae was in Jumong he played prince Daesoo loved him in that role what is the actor doing that's playing Youngpo any news of him ?  

I haven't seen the actor who played Youngpo in anything else, that I can remember.

@silentcal_stv

Wow u have listed my 3 favourite sagueks as well, high five ! Da Jang Geum was my first kdrama and I didnt watch any more for a long time after that. Recently I began to pick them up again, and Chuno and TWDR stole my heart utterly (and made me a fan-girl of JH).

Oh btw u realised Park Eun Hye was the supporting character in Da Jang Geum? She will be acting as JH's sister in this show!

I didn't know Park Eun Hye was in this drama, that's cool. :) Jang Hyuk is probably my favorite male actor. The woman who wrote Dae Jang Geum was also a writer on TWDR (and also on Queen Seon Duk, if I remember correctly). She is also a writer on the Six Flying Dragons drama, but that drama just looks like a bunch of princes fighting over the throne, which doesn't interest me. The other drama I'm looking forward to is the one Lee Young Ae will star in, Saimdang, the Herstory.

I haven't seen the actor who played Youngpo in anything else, that I can remember.

@silentcal_stv,  I remember the last drama I seen the actor that played young po He played in the daily about a year back everything kimchee and his character was bad there also but that drama is the only one I know of after Jumong.  Speaking of SFD I had been confused about what era that drama is in but now since you put it like this it makes sense to me a bunch of princes fighting for the throne.. I was really confused because you talking about the beginning of Joseon and the ending of Guryeo.. I think of the drama the seer then associate it to the beginning of the great king sejong but this is about when Taejong and brother fight for the throne or his kids..  I also have and eye out for Samidang and the one that Song Il Kook will be starring in this upcoming year..

Just happy were getting more historical like the great merchant gaekju shows us something different about the lives of the people.. I think we should have our fair share of action  in this drama also..          

hello @prettysup and everyone, i'm looking forward for this drama because like you said this is saeguk drama but not about royal family and i'm interested about the merchant's life in joseon era. hope this drama can give a new atmosphere :) 

Hello @ailanthus, yeah I also hope this drama will be good. I am also interested in the village so I guess I have to space them out to watch.

yeah i hope too because the story sounds very interesting for me and i like JH performance in chuno and fated to love you, well i heard that this drama based on novel so did you read the novel? 

@silentcal_stv

really the writer on six flying dragons also a writer on Dae Jang Geum and TWDR? well i love both of them too and to be honest i have a bit interested in six flying dragons but with 50 episode and story about the throne i don't know i can survive or not, wahh me too but Saimdang still next year,isn't it? and how about the merchant's screenwriters?

@valsava I think there will surely be action scenes since it stars our great action star Jang Hyuk! Anyway I saw part of the comics which this drama is based on and there was one scene which a character jumped over water using a long stick. Let's hope this gets transferred to the drama!

@valsava I think there will surely be action scenes since it stars our great action star Jang Hyuk! Anyway I saw part of the comics which this drama is based on and there was one scene which a character jumped over water using a long stick. Let's hope this gets transferred to the drama!

@prettysup,  Scene sounds awesome that sounds like something JH would do he's another actor I admire because he likes to do his stunts himself also..   

@ailanthus  The Merchant is directed by sageuk veteran PD Kim Jong-sun of dramas Dae Jo YoungTaejo Wang Geon, and King Gwanggaeto. Writing are Jung Sung-hee and Lee Han-ho of King Geunchogo and Ja Myung Go—so. I am not familiar with these dramas but I think they are supposedly good.

@valsava Yeah I remember watching an old interview some time back which Jang Hyuk said that when filming the movie Zzang, he witnessed a stand-in actor getting injured when filming a car accident scene. So he felt very remorseful then coz it should have been he himself being injured instead. After that he tried to do his own stunts as much as possible.

And being a jeet kune do, taekwondo and gymnastics athlete himself, there will be hardly any stunts that he is not capable of carrying out.

@ailanthus  The Merchant is directed by sageuk veteran PD Kim Jong-sun of dramas Dae Jo YoungTaejo Wang Geon, and King Gwanggaeto. Writing are Jung Sung-hee and Lee Han-ho of King Geunchogo and Ja Myung Go—so. I am not familiar with these dramas but I think they are supposedly good.

@prettysup,  The PD for those dramas have a good eye for detail as I watch all the ones you named. So the writer for the other two wasn't my favorites that I like but they were all right so she can write a decent script..  

@valsava Since this is based on a novel, let's hope the storyline would be pretty decent!

@prettysup, I think this drama may turn out to be some of her best work and JH all the Saguek's I've seen him in they were all good I don't think he would pick a bad drama to lead and the cast in this one is outstanding so I think this drama will rank high in the ratings..  

Archived