[Drama 2015/2016] The Merchant : Gaekju 2015 장사의 신-객주 2015 | Wed/Thur 10 PM KST

Prettysup

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@yoeda,  Thanks for the teaser,   I guess I didn't read the synopsis because I didn't know why I though this drama was more of a modern setting but this should be good with the veteran PD and master Saguek writers this I got to watch being the Saguek love that I'am

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/08/first-teaser-introduces-the-merchants-of-master-of-trade-inn-2015/

First teaser introduces the merchants of Master of Trade—Inn 2015

by javabeans | August 27, 2015 | No Comments

inn_prev15.jpg

Here’s our first look at KBS’s upcoming sageuk drama Master of Trade—Inn 2015, the late-Joseon-era series centering around the success story of one man (Jang Hyuk) who worked his way up from being the inheritor to a defunct inn to becoming one of the most successful merchants in the nation.

In the teaser, Jang Hyuk’s character is labeled “one who knows how to play with money,” which would make me nervous if not for the fact that we’re told up front that he’s gonna succeed. Yoo Oh-sung is great at playing complex rivals and antagonists, so I look forward to his portrayal of the man “who aims to be the king of merchants.”

But he’ll have to first find a way to surpass sageuk veteran Lee Deok-hwa, who’s thecurrent merchant king, and not likely to give up that title easily; in the teaser he comments, “If you want to beat me… live longer than me.” Well, that’s one way to issue a challenge. Just watch your back, is all I’m sayin’.

As for the ladies: Kim Min-jung plays a shaman who became a peddler who travels the country selling her wares, dressed as a man. Her difficult life toughens her up and shapes her into a “woman of tenacity and ambition,” to such extremes that her desire to have things she cannot have causes pain for those around her. And yet she’s also our heroine, so I wonder how things will change as the drama goes on.

Park Eun-hye will play Jang Hyuk’s older sister, while Han Chae-ah will have a loveline with Jang Hyuk that sounds like it’s headed for tragedy and tears (it’s called “a love that cannot be” and causes her heartache). Sad, I was hoping Han Chae-ah would get to be the main lead in a drama, though I’ll take consolation in the fact that she’s often very good at getting me to care about supporting leads when they could be otherwise annoying.

The teaser closes out with what will surely be a major running theme in the drama, telling us that money is the one thing that can allow you to fly when you have no wings, or bring forth impossible things—in short, Make Things Happen: “This is the era when we fight using money.”

Based on a long-running serial novel that was initially published in 1979, Master of Trade—Inn 2015 follows Assembly in the Wednesday-Thursday slot and premieres on September 23.

inn_prev1.jpg

inn_prev3.jpg

inn_prev6.jpg

inn_prev7.jpg

inn_prev8.jpg

inn_prev9.jpg

inn_prev10.jpg

inn_prev12.jpg

inn_prev13.jpg

inn_prev14.jpg

inn_prev18.jpg

inn_prev19.jpg

inn_prev23.jpg

inn1.jpg

inn3.jpg

Credit : http://thetalkingcupboard.com/2015/08/26/a-bevy-of-first-teasers-for-sept-oct-dramas/

A Bevy of First Teasers for Sept-Oct Dramas

When it rains, it pours. This week seems like a busy week for drama fans and production teams as the promotion for the upcoming dramas is kicked up a notch, making the wait for them even more difficult. Although we’re still in the month of August, the September and October dramas are hard at work, gearing up for their respective premieres, and we get to have our first look(s) into these dramas: She Was Pretty, The God of Merchant: Gaekju 2015, and Six Flying Dragons.

Coincidentally, all three dramas have been flying under the radar, quietly shooting their scenes without much buzz, but the strategy of using the element of surprise seems to have worked, judging from the reception of their first teasers.

Leading the pack is She Was Pretty, set to premiere this coming September on MBC’s Wed-Thu slot following the currently airing Scholar Who Walks the Night. The casting news became headlines recently due to the leads: Park Seo-joon and Hwang Jung-eum previously worked together in Kill Me, Heal Me, and they wooed viewers with their chemistry there. It is tried and tested, plus the first teaser serves as a reminder to have a cup of coffee while watching the drama, because it will be one sweet ride.

Writing is Jo Sung-hee, who co-wrote High School King of Savvy and the High Kick series, while the director, Jung Dae-yoon, although seemed to have focused on historical dramas in the recent years, directed The King 2 Hearts. Also starring Go Jun-hee and Choi Siwon, the drama is slated for a total episodes of 16 and scheduled to begin airing on 16 September.

The God of Merchant: Gaekju 2015 will be competing against She Was Pretty for Wed-Thu slot, joining the slot a week after it. KBS is bringing back sageuk veterans for the drama: from Lee Duk-hwa to Yoon Oh-sung, not to forget the younger leads: Jang Hyuk, Kim Min-jung, and Han Chae-ah. The tale of an inn’s successor who paves his way to become a successful merchant is shaping up to become an engaging drama, and I won’t be surprised if Gaekju will be the dark horse in the ratings game.

The production team behind the drama is experienced sageuk writer and director: Jung Sung-hee last wrote the underrated Into the Flames and KBS’s King Geunchogo, and Director Kim Jong-sun helmed KBS’s King Gwanggaeto the Great. Premiering on 23 September, Gaekju will take over the slot after Assembly wraps up with a total of 36 episodes.

Last but not least, the yearly sageuk offering from SBS which is planned for 50 episodes starting this October: Six Flying Dragons. The star-studded cast is just one of the reasons for fans to begin anticipating this drama early on (including me!!), and it knows how to tease by releasing the first teaser early on. Although the teaser only showed Yoo Ah-in as one of the titular ‘dragons’, it is enough of a reminder that the series is really happening.

Coming from the team behind Tree with Deep Roots – director Shin Kyung-soo and writer duo Park Sang-yeon and Kim Young-hyun – makes it almost normal for the drama to start filming so early compared with other dramas and they have finished filming at least the first four episodes to date; plus, the main cast had their poster shooting session yesterday, so it’s not too much to expect high quality production from this drama. The prequel to Tree with Deep Roots will also star Shin Se-kyung, Byun Yo-han, Jung Yu-mi, Yoon Kyun-sang, Kim Myung-min, and Chun Ho-jin and will follow Mrs Cop on the Mon-Tue slot, starting 5 October.

I’m hoping that they will be engaging and entertaining to make up for the lackluster offerings 2015 gave us so far (with a few exceptions, of course). Are you going to tune in to any of these dramas? If not, are you waiting for your favourite actor/actress’s new drama?

Hello Soompi Fans!

As a Viki volunteer and contributor, I would like to reach out to all Soompi members who are fans of Korean sageuks.  I primarily get involved with these historical dramas and this drama looks like it is going to be a good one.  As the channel manager for this show on Viki, I am hopeful that Viki will get the license.  Any help toward that end will be appreciated by visiting the channel homepage and at the top of the Community Wall is a link to add your name to the request that they get the license.  

https://www.viki.com/tv/28166c-the-innkeeper

This thread is obviously the best place to discuss the show and to post news and pics so I have added links to the Community Wall on the channel's homepage to direct viewers here.  We already have some of Viki's best contributors lined up for this sageuk.  

Currently the name on Viki is still shown as Innkeeper.  KBS has changed the name several times and currently shows it on the English side as The Merchant: Gaekju 2015.  What it will end up being called is anyone's guess. Another thing that might be confusing is the KBS schedule.  Currently their schedule shows Assembly still airing on 9/23 and 9/24.  However, the schedule showed it premiering a week later than it actually did, so what is being promoted for the premier of this drama, 9/23, is probably correct.  

Thanks for all you are doing here.  Let me know if there is anything I can do!

LACruiser    

When it rains, it pours. This week seems like a busy week for drama fans and production teams as the promotion for the upcoming dramas is kicked up a notch, making the wait for them even more difficult. Although we’re still in the month of August, the September and October dramas are hard at work, gearing up for their respective premieres, and we get to have our first look(s) into these dramas: She Was Pretty, The God of Merchant: Gaekju 2015, and Six Flying Dragons.

@prettysup,  I loved reading that article but I was anticipating for she was pretty to start and a huge fan of the cast which KMHM is one of my favorite dramas for 2015 but being the JH lover that I'am and love him to death in Saguek's I guess you could pretty much tell where I'll be park at once this drama starts.. I was also checking pout those stills you posted with the article all the men play good evil villains and poor JH looks like he' the only likable character out of all the pictures.. I can't tell who's the good guy and who's the bad guy out of the bunch only know that JH has to be the righteous one. Just from the lineup of those men those veterans actors are good in what they do and have honed they skills for quiet sometime so this drama should rank number 1 but you have to watch out for she's pretty also.. I just know for the fall /winter season I have two Saguek's I can't miss        

@LAcruiser, I hope KBS gives us a confirmed English title soon coz I am so confused also.

@valsava, I think competition from She was pretty and The village would be tough for the ratings but hopefully Korean viewers will love Gaekju more, hehe.. so which is the other Saguek you will be watching for fall/winter season ?

@LAcruiser, I hope KBS gives us a confirmed English title soon coz I am so confused also.

@valsava, I think competition from She was pretty and The village would be tough for the ratings but hopefully Korean viewers will love Gaekju more, hehe.. so which is the other Saguek you will be watching for fall/winter season ?

@prettysup,  I'll be watching both I've been following 6 FD thread since it opened so these two is a must for me I'm also interested in the village so I'll just say I'll be looking at them all and following all the threads as usual.. Sleep will be back on a schedule again but I think it will work out since I'll be in Reno Vegas area for two months  

Credit : http://thecrazyahjummas.blogspot.sg/2015/08/2nd-teaser-for-god-of-commerce-is.html

2nd Teaser for "God Of Commerce" is Catching My Interest. Thank Goodness!

ss.jpg
I was really starting to get worried after watching the first teaser for upcoming Jang Hyuk Sageuk "God of Commerce" (also called "The Innkeeper").  But this second teaser is a big step forward on building my enthusiasm.  

Of course it just might be my uncontrollable love of Jang Hyuk's mix of happy and vengeful expressions.

ss5.jpg
ss.jpg

Or Jang Hyuk's infectious laugh that you either love or hate.  I personally love it.

ss1.jpg

But it is not just Jang Hyuk who has caught my attention.  I also noticed some great back story and future revenge plots being set up.  If there is one thing I love more than a great khottie, it is a great khottie getting revenge.

ss6.jpg
ss7.jpg
ss8.jpg

Credit : http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/the-upward-climb-begins-in-kbss-master-of-trade-inn-2015/

The upward climb begins in KBS’s Master of Trade—Inn 2015

by javabeans | September 1, 2015 | 35 Comments

inn_prev29.jpg

The first teaser for KBS’s sageuk drama Master of Trade—Inn 2015 gave us a taste of the overall premise of the drama (merchants of Joseon!) but not its plot (…what about the merchants of Joseon?), so I’m glad that the second teaser shows a little more of the story. (A little. I’ll still take it.)

The teaser starts out featuring the traveling merchants who had to make their way on impassible roads, climbing the dangerous mountainside paths that just end, forcing them to struggle onward to even have a chance to earn their living. They’re considered with contempt by the corrupt officials who are responsible for the unfair system, and a character (it sounds like Lee Deok-hwa, playing the “king of merchants”) remarks, “It isn’t that the strong man is the one who survives—the man who sticks it out is strong.” Then he says, “Take my hand.” Sounds like an offer of help, although I’ve seen enough dramas to know never to take wily ol’ Lee Deok-hwa at face value. Watch your back!

Our hero (Jang Hyuk), on the other hand, isn’t one of the corrupt folks out to make money at the expense of morals, and the caption describes him as a merchant who builds his wealth honestly, not through greed. He starts off with nothing but a decrepit inn and works his way up to becoming a powerful merchant; I’m sure he’ll encounter a number of hardships and heartbreaks, but ultimately this is a success story and ought to take him on a satisfyingly upward trajectory. I expect he’ll clash with Yoo Oh-sung on his way up, since Yoo plays a merchant determined to climb the ranks and claim the title of king of merchants for himself. And I suppose there can only be one Number 1.

Master of Trade—Inn 2015 airs as a Wednesday-Thursday drama beginning on September 23.

inn_prev32.jpg

inn_prev33.jpg

inn_prev38.jpg

inn_prev39.jpg

inn_prev41.jpg

inn_prev42.jpg

inn_prev44.jpg

inn_prev45.jpg

inn_prev46.jpg

inn_prev49.jpg

Archived