Is hitting on a lot of girls necessarily bad?

Crunchyrunchy

I wonder by keep doing this you would improve your social/conversational skills.

I mean if you:

1. Show respect and use manners
  2. Don't go too fast
  3. Don't use pick-up line
  4. Make small talk in the beginning.
  5. Don't mention any sexual topics

Even if she doesn't like you in a romantic fashion, it is always good to have friends. Then it is not all that bad right?

Guest nana544

I wonder by keep doing this you would improve your social/conversational skills.

I mean if you:

1. Show respect and use manners
  2. Don't go too fast
  3. Don't use pick-up line
  4. Make small talk in the beginning.
  5. Don't mention any sexual topics

Even if she doesn't like you in a romantic fashion, it is always good to have friends. Then it is not all that bad right?

Yeah I don't see no harm in that.

Guest severus

Or you could, I don't know, just to talk to girls as you normally would with anyone else? 

This is true. Even though what the OP listed doesn't sound like making a pass. One more thing, no pet names. Having conversations with randoms in the coffee line, 50% of the time I'm thinking CALL ME SWEETHEART ONE MORE TIME, AND ILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE. Same goes for hun/sunshine/doll/princess. 

Actually, 7:30 in this morning: Awe doll, why aren't you smiling? How was your weekend? 

Or you could, I don't know, just to talk to girls as you normally would with anyone else? 

Talking to a girl can be considered making a move to some people because you are making the effort to talk to them. "The first move."

@Crunchyrunchy

Definitely improves your interpersonal skills and boosts your charm but how much is a lot? As in one a day or like a dozen? One a day is more on the reasonable side and any more gives off a weird vibe as the "creepy guy". More so if in the workplace or in the lecture room. If its just random people and you're alone no one will know... The tone of voice is the tell of your intent so keep a calm and relaxed tone to keeps things casual.

Guest EscapeEarth

Don't people already do this naturally? I guess if you're introverted you might have to force yourself to converse with people, but everytime I go out it seems like I talk to at least a few girls, some in kind of a flirty way if I'm interested. If you do #1 "show respect and have manners," I think flirting with almost any girl you find interesting/attractive is fair game. A lot of times I do it just to be playful, I've never really had a girl in real life get upset with it.

I suppose it depends what someone means by "hitting on," though. For me it's just making conversation, I don't really make physical comments or anything like that.

Archived