[taiwanese Drama] Meteor Garden 1 & 2

Guest shred

Here are some of my favorite scenes:

1) Dao Ming Si and Shancai's "first kiss" on the cruise

2) Dao Ming Si's expression after he saw Shancai again after their "first kiss" (not really a scene but his face is just too cute)

3) The scene where DMS and Shancai get trapped in the stairwell

4) The scene after the basketball match at DMS's house when he sees Shancai the next morning and he starts to cry (I absolutely LOVE that scene, my heart totally broke for DMS)

5) When DMS comes back from New York, he looks super HOT

6) When DMS finds Shancai after she gets kicked out of her place

7) The scene when Shancai hugs DMS from the back and she thanks him

8) The scene where DMS breaks down crying after talking about Lei and Shancai being together (My eyes were super teary-eyed, I LOVE that scene)

9) The scene where DMS gets beat up and Shancai runs and throws herself over him and gets hit by the chair instead

10) The door scene when they are forced to talk through the door and DMS asks why do they have to give up and says how he misses her so much (This may be my very favorite scene, so touching!)

11) And finally, their kiss scenes! Well the one where they are on the bed after her getting beat up and then after he gives her the necklace

So did Ximen and Xiaoyou ever hook up or is she not even in the second one? Shancai and DMS do finally end up together right? I watched part of the very last episode of MG 2 but there wasn't any subtitles, it looked like they ended up together again. I'll end off by saying how much I love Jerry now!

The bolded ones were my favs<3 the part where Jerry looks down at Shan Cai.. omg my heart broke into pieces. Whoever said his acting wasn't all that great?? (okay well i rewatched it again, and I admit, I kinda see how mediocre their acting skills are but yeah XD) The part where Jerry cries from the stairwell was so believable and omg!!<3 I cry everytime I see that scene!! Another one I loved was where Daoming Si was SOOOOO cheesy and grinnyy. you know the part where they meet "secretly" and he runs up to her and puts his arm on the wall staring at her like a happy little kid. SO ADORABLE!! :P:P

ohhhhh can't forget the part where Lei eats the cookies that ShanCai made for DaoMing Si!! :lol: !!!!! THAT WAS SO CUTE!! hahah! he was so happy he went to Lei's house and tried to show it to him, then he just grabs the pineapple-head shaped cookie and eats it! heheh.

I also liked the one where Shan Cai tells DaomingSi to taste the ice cream (even though he hates ice cream) and when he tries it, she wipes his germs off the spoon and he goes "that was practically my kiss you wiped off!!" or something like that LOOL!!! omgg too many cute scenes<3

I was SOOOO desperate and feeling withdrawal from Meteor Garden again that I ended up watching MG2. I watched the first episode, and then when the new girl came in, I lost interest LOl.

I watched HYD too. It was pretty interesting, but I just kinda skipped around a lot :x (it didn't keep me hooked like MG did) the girl in HYD was so cute though! lol!

I'm so annoyed at the sequel (even though I didn't watch it) because the drama contradicts itself :tongue2: in MG1 they show and prove that "love prevails all" and that through any obstacle they can pull through .. but then in MG2 everything is lost in a drop of the hat .. totally ruined the meaning -_-;; i mean, the guy that emphasizes and stands for all that loses his memory, and he just ditches Shan Cai and falls in love with another girl! pfft ! +___+

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since like many others, MG is the first asian drama I watched, and is the reason I'm so hooked on k, j and tdramas right now, I also would like to contribute to this discussion.

I agree that the whole MG2 story line is horrible, and a MAJOR mistake. I still cannot understand to this day, WHY would they actually decide to film the sequel as a melodrama when MG1 was so lighthearted and funny despite all the serious themes. They totally killed DMS's lovable character and made SC such a crybaby, it just spoiled everything.

The amnesia bit is actually from the manga, but the manga version is nothing as tragic. In fact it was almost funny because in the manga DMS remembers everyone except SC. And the YS character also exists, as a fellow patient in the same hospital. However even though the YS character fell for him, DMS NEVER fell for her. Initially he felt that maybe she was somehow important to him getting his memory back (because he ate a bento that SC left for him, that gave him a familiar feeling, but YS claimed that she made it for him). But later she makes him another bento, and he took a bite and knew she lied to him and threw the whole thing back at her. I loved that scene! So in the manga even though he had amnesia, his personality never changed and he never fell hopelessly in love with someone else like in MG2. And he finally gets his memory back, when SC accidently hits his head with a baseball that she was returning to him (with a box full of other memories they had together). :lol:

^ i found those tattoos hecka random haha. like the one in the back of her neck o___O does it happen to have any meaning?? (I know it's not for the drama, but did BigS ever explan why she had them ?)

Since like many others, MG is the first asian drama I watched, and is the reason I'm so hooked on k, j and tdramas right now, I also would like to contribute to this discussion.

I agree that the whole MG2 story line is horrible, and a MAJOR mistake. I still cannot understand to this day, WHY would they actually decide to film the sequel as a melodrama when MG1 was so lighthearted and funny despite all the serious themes. They totally killed DMS's lovable character and made SC such a crybaby, it just spoiled everything.

The amnesia bit is actually from the manga, but the manga version is nothing as tragic. In fact it was almost funny because in the manga DMS remembers everyone except SC. And the YS character also exists, as a fellow patient in the same hospital. However even though the YS character fell for him, DMS NEVER fell for her. Initially he felt that maybe she was somehow important to him getting his memory back (because he ate a bento that SC left for him, that gave him a familiar feeling, but YS claimed that she made it for him). But later she makes him another bento, and he took a bite and knew she lied to him and threw the whole thing back at her. I loved that scene! So in the manga even though he had amnesia, his personality never changed and he never fell hopelessly in love with someone else like in MG2. And he finally gets his memory back, when SC accidently hits his head with a baseball that she was returning to him (with a box full of other memories they had together). :lol:

See.. now that to me makes much more sense. He still doesn't fall head for another girl at least, sheez ! haha. Did the manga ever finish? does it happen to be translated in English? >_< do you (or anybody else) know where I can buy the manga series? ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sushixohh

I'm crushing on Meteor Garden like 4 years now man , BUT I SWEAR I FRIGGIN LOVE it! I love Ah Sz and Shan Cai. :w00t: I'm like wishing them to be together in a Series again. :D I'm keeping my fingers cross, Why not coconut?! :)

Meteor Garden will always rock my socks! :P

I'm currently rewatching it again. WTH? i never grew tirep of wathing it. haha. ><" lame? not really hehe.

Okay, Here's the clip of F3 first time on 100% entertainment show. with angie cai, promoting for MG.

:) but, Wtf? i can't understand anything . lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1oRfdidBQ

ENJOY! :)

Guest keeyshane

ok, nothing is really final yet, and rumors and headlines are about in newspapers already.

so info is quite confusing,

but hopefully, this project could push through, with a good storyline of course.

i miss f4 a lot!!

Boyband F4 set to charm Japanese, Korean tourists

PROMOTIONAL TV SERIES:The project is sponsored by the Taiwan Tourism Bureau and will feature online participation in the selection of shooting locations

By Shelley Shan

STAFF REPORTER

Wednesday, Jan 10, 2007, Page 2

F4, a popular Taiwanese boyband, have captured the hearts of young women around Asia with their boyish charm, and now Taiwan's tourism bureau is hoping to cash in on the band's popularity to promote the nation's tourist industry.

Taiwan Tourism Bureau Director-General Janice Lai confirmed yesterday that the group would be recruited to play in a television series called Wish to See You in Taiwan.

The project is sponsored solely by the bureau, she added.

Lai said that the series will include 25 episodes, with a majority of scenes filmed at selected tourist attractions around the country.

It is going to be a "touching romantic story," Lai said.

"We will place the information on our Web site [www.taiwan.net. tw] and ask for opinions about where the filming should take place," she said.

The series will target tourists from Japan and Korea, Lai said.

It is scheduled to be broadcast in both countries in November.

Viewers in Taiwan, however, will not be able see it.

Based on the contract between the bureau and the production firm, the F4 team will meet with their fans at promotional events organized by the bureau.

The bureau owns the copyright for the series and will make a 30-second TV commerical from program content for use in Taiwan and elsewhere.

Lai said she is confident that F4 will draw the attention of female tourists from both Japan and Korea.

She said one time she was invited to be the guest of honor at an event attended by Vanness Wu , one of the band members, and his fans. Lai was asked to draw lots to pick fans to come onto the stage.

"When those lucky few got to meet Wu personally, they were so excited that they began to cry," Lai recalled.

Overall, the project will cost the bureau NT$80 million (US$2.5million) , which will cover the production and the budget to buy air time in both Japan and Korea.

Lai said many people may think NT$80 million is a huge sum. They may also ask why Taiwan cannot have documentaries broadcast on the Discovery or National Geographic channels, as Malaysia and other countries have done in the past.

"Air time in Japan and Korea is really expensive," Lai said. "And the tourism bureau in Malaysia has an annual budget of NT$7 billion, which is seven times more than we have."

Earlier this week, media reported that Jerry Yen, the most popular member of F4, might not be able to act in the series because of a schedule conflict.

Chai Chi-ping, the producer of the series, said in an interview in the United Daily News that Yen has already promised to participate.

The boyband would not breach the terms of the contract, she said.

Published on Taipei Times

http://www.taipeiti mes.com/News/ tai...1/10/ 2003344113

----------

Reposted from KCIFC Philippines

Guest keeyshane

reality series?

nah..the producer has reportedly sent 3 scripts to TW Tourism already.

maybe it's better to wait for the official announcement/ presscon on the series.

F4 should be TW ambassador for 2007, so they are gonna appear in a presscon sooner or later.

as for the series, information is still confusing.

Guest keeyshane

F4 to make an idol drama to sell Taiwan

Tourism Bureau: People will recommend the sceneries

Source: United Daily News

http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/ENT2/3681385.shtml

January 10, 2006

posted by bike@jerryskingdom

the original news source is from the Taiwan Central News Agency, its government information bureau...

Japan and Korea are Taiwan's major sources of tourist travelers. This year, the Ministry of Communications' Tourism Bureau has especially invited F4 to film a 25-episode love drama that would sell Taiwan's tourist attractions, and now welcomes the people's suggestions for the filming sceneries.

The Tourism Bureau used public bidding to choose its PR firms, and to entrust the filming of the idol drama that would sell Taiwan. The leads F4 who are also all-famous and we-known in Japan and Korea, is scheduled to finish the drama before the end of November, and should be shown in Japanese and Korean major TV networks.

Tourism Bureau Director-General Lai Se Zhen said the contract of the Tourism Bureau and the PR firm stipulated that the plot must be 10-20 % and should comprise Taiwan's scenic spots, food and drinks destinations, etc. F4 will also hold fan meetings in Taiwan, Japan and Korea, as well as conduct press conferences, coordinate with the premier showing of the idol drama, and also release related merchandises. The Tourism Bureau would soon launch in its website a public inquiry for the suggested scenic attractions, and invites the people to recommend the best filming locations.

Lai Se Zhen said that the idol drama's main purpose is to attract more young Japanese and Korean travelers to visit Taiwan. As a lot of Japanese tourists regard Taiwan with its Shinkasen (speed train), a new selling point would also attract Japanese tourists this year.

Translated by Jerry's Kingdom. Thank you for the credits.

Guest Seraphic_Gin

..,oh my god!!! this is super great.

please continue posting more infos.

and ill try to look for some. hah! it gives me hope to see F4 once again. lol.

Guest sweet_treats1812

oohhh..could this be for real? if it is, then i think it's great news..i was once a very avid F4 fan and it'd be cool to see all four of them back in a series :lol: it sucks that the people in taiwan won't be able to see it though. i hope they reconsider that...

Guest trueloveway

wow! i never would've thought F4 would be back. i still remember the meteor garden days ~5 years ago :D

the whole concept is kind of weird to me but i hope they come up with a good script. i don't mind seeing all the tourist places either

Guest the7REAL.

yay i heard about this before. haha, dude it took the government of Taiwan to put F4 in another series. funny. lol.

I hope this does well, I wanna see KEN! & VIC! oh heck, i wanna see them all together again..hehe<3

Guest alliana

If this pushes through, I really wish I would be able to watch it. :) I've almost given up hope that F4 will do something together again after their concert last year.

Archived