KalyanaV

Guest snowpanda

Kwak SiYang at the 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards, he presented the 'Best Style Award'

135258_88379_2555.jpg

Spoiler

20160603225315_P_00_C_1_375.jpg

[포토] 곽시양, ‘미소에 여심이 샤르르’(백상예술대상)

5f5f0f05430622ecbfc4d3700eb33580.jpg

2016060323090912900.jpeg

cr. on the pictures

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowpanda

Kwak Shi-yang to romance Kim Hee-ae in Second to Last Love

by girlfriday | June 6, 2016 | 10 Comments

KwakShiYang1.jpg

After romancing Yoo Ah-in in Secret Love Affair, it’s not even shocking anymore that Kim Hee-ae (Mrs. Cop) is getting a twentysomething love interest in her new drama, SBS’sSecond to Last Love. Up-and-coming supporting actor Kwak Shi-yang (Mirror of the Witch) is up for the role, and is in final negotiations to sign on. Now that it’s clear that this role is a second lead who gets a loveline with the heroine, I’m glad that Yoon Doo-joon didn’t take the offer; he would’ve been fine in the part, but I would’ve been too sad about him not having a romance with Kim Seul-gi (Oh My Ghostess).

The new SBS weekend series is a remake of a Japanese drama of the same name, and stars Kim Hee-ae and Ji Jin-hee (I Have a Lover) in a story about fortysomethings experiencing a second adolescence. Kim Hee-ae plays a television producer who wishes for something to happen in her life, and she’ll meet and fall in love with Ji Jin-hee, a civil servant in a small town who wishes for nothing to happen in his life. Kim Seul-gi has signed on to play Ji Jin-hee’s little sister, a webtoon writer, and Lee Soo-min (She’s So Lovable) has been cast as his daughter.

Kwak Shi-yang will play a friend of the family who thinks of Ji Jin-hee as his hyung, and he’ll end up falling for Kim Hee-ae when she constantly comes around to bicker with Ji Jin-hee. Poor puppy. Kwak Shi-yang will also have an ex-girlfriend complicating matters, played by Stephanie Lee (Yong-pal).

The casting seems pretty final, and Kwak is due to go straight from the set of his current drama Mirror of the Witch to this one. From Kim Sae-ron to Kim Hee-ae—that’s quite the jump. But he also had a noona romance on We Got Married with Kim So-yeon, so I think he’s got it covered. I’m glad to see him landing bigger parts and steadily building up his resume, since he’s a promising actor who makes the most of his roles, big or small.

Second to Last Love comes from the PD of High Society and the writer of Emergency Couple, and it’ll air on Saturdays and Sundays following Beautiful Gong Shim in July.

Via IS Plus, Osen

cr. dramabeans

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

KWAK SI YANG

File:Kwakshiyang.PNG

TV Shows

Movies

• Night Flight / 야간비행 (2014) as Yoong Joo
  • Robot Sori / Sori: Voice From The Heart / 로봇, 소리 (2016) as Hyun Soo
  • Elephant in The Room /  방 안의 코끼리 (2016) he appeared in the segment of 'Chicken Game'
  • Goodbye Single / Familyhood / Family Plan / 굿바이 싱글 (2016) as Kang Ji Hoon

Variety Show

• We Got Married Season 4 / 우리 결혼했어요 / WGM (Sep 2015 - Apr 2016): In this variety show, he was paired up as a virtual husband of a senior actress Kim So Yeon (김소연) who is 7 years older than him

TV Show Theme Songs

Endorsement

• Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (2014)
  • Hyundai Marine and Fire Insurance (2014)
  • Jambangee (2015, with Idol Hani - EXID)
  • Fantom (2016, with actress Han Ji Hye)

Recognitions

• 2016 Asia Model Festival Awards: Model Special New Star Actor Award: WON
  • 2015 29th KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Daily Drama - Lead Actor (All is Well): WON
  • 2015 29th KBS Drama Awards: Popularity Award, Lead Actor (All is Well): NOMINATED
  • 2015 15th MBC Entertainment Awards: New Star Award (WGM): WON
  • 2015 15th MBC Entertainment Awards: Best Couple Award with Kim So Yeon (WGM): NOMINATED
  • 2015 2nd Wildflower Film Awards: Best New Actor (Night Flight): NOMINATED

Album: With Project Group One O One

• 2016 (One o One) You Are My Light
  • 2015 (One o One) Love You
  • 2015 (One O One) 마비가 됐어

Trivia

• Hobbies: Basketball, Baseball, Cooking

Kwak Si-yang (born Kwak Myeong-jin on January 15, 1987) is a South Korean actor and member of the group One O One (101). Kwak's debut role was in Glorious Day as Jung Hee-joo in 2014. He was in a virtual marriage with actress Kim So-yeon on the show We Got Married from September 2015 until April 2016. Despite his only-2-years-debut as of now, he has been considered a rising star actor with growing popularity in South Korea expanded to China, Japan, Indonesia, and other Asia's countries. His recent project is in the drama Second to Last Love, which is a remake from a very popular Japanese Drama under the same title. He played an important second lead here as Park Joon Woo, a handsome and warmhearted chef who owns a healthy dessert cafe and is popular amongst women due to his look and his cooking skill. This sounds very much like Kwak Si Yang in real life! :D 

More update will come later when he has more projects to be input here. 

Hi everyone, welcome to Kwak Si Yang Soompi Forum. Here is the place to find out all information, as well as sharing info about Kwak Si Yang. I started this page with his detail biography and filmography. Please drop by here and share your thought about him. Calling here our soompi friends @novigamy @alou @kappy @Z33Ta @novigamy @hannajo @SamaraP @6u2n7a @Summer Ryn @thesuitelife547 @ChuMills DejaVu @seesaw_love

Please drop by and post your comment.. Hopefully this could be our nice new home in Soompi Forum :)

Thank you, @KalyanaV, for creating this forum.  @lynseyanzia said she thought you might be doing this.  Yes, we needed a home to talk about him.  Finally!  Maybe someone with an IG account can tell him congrats, he's got a Soompi forum in his name, and to check it out from time to time.  That's gotta be some kind of milestone, as career milestones go?  :)

I think Si Yang is doing wonderfully in Second to Last Love.  A lot of his expressions look familiar to me, especially given the plot.  He is very handsome and natural in it.  And did you see it?  His forehead?  Haha.  We can pretty much guess the outcome of the drama as far as he is concerned, but we can enjoy the ride!

In the meanwhile, calling on @SamaraP and everyone else with skills in the graphic adoration department to post creations.  Much appreciated in advance!

2 hours ago, KalyanaV said:

@kappy Hello buddy, so happy to see you here. Let's hope for more berries and Siyang's fans (whom he called as 'Milkbox') to join us here. In the meantime, I am going to update more info on the 1st post, as an introduction of him. 

Hey, my pleasure.  Does he really call his fans "Milkbox"?  I did not know that.  Okay, Milkbox Kappy here.  Doesn't flow as well as Berry, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.  Milkies?  Boxies?  Boxers?  Heehee...

1 hour ago, 6u2n7a said:

Looking forward for this new haven..?? i hope all of berries can join here too:wub:

KWAK SI YANG....FIGHTING

BERRIES....FIGHTING

:blush:

Yay...fighting!

47 minutes ago, KalyanaV said:

@Z33Ta and my profile picture too! hahahah.. oh I'm gonna miss this old profile pic -__-

You, and most everybody here!  I don't care, actually. Whatever...well, mostly.

27 minutes ago, kappy said:

Hey, my pleasure.  Does he really call his fans "Milkbox"?  I did not know that.  Okay, Milkbox Kappy here.  Doesn't flow as well as Berry, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.  Milkies?  Boxies?  Boxers?  Heehee...

Kehkeke... Can't help but laugh at this @kappy!!! :lol::lol::lol:

@KalyanaV... Out of curiosity, why "Milkbox"? Any story behind that? I googled but couldn't get an answer... :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, kappy said:

:D:D:D at 'Boxers' hahahha.. Oh Kappy :D 

1 hour ago, Z33Ta said:

Kehkeke... Can't help but laugh at this @kappy!!! :lol::lol::lol:

@KalyanaV... Out of curiosity, why "Milkbox"? Any story behind that? I googled but couldn't get an answer... :sweatingbullets:

I don't know the story behind 'milkbox' either. But the word 'milk box' appeared in his instagram update when he received his KBS excellence awards by end Dec 2015. That's the first time some of us noticed that he called his fans as 'milkbox'. Whereas Siluv, aka. Siyang's love, is the nickname his Korean fans called themselves. Anyway, milkbox can also be described as a nickname for cat's house.. So.. Up to us to make the connection about this. Maybe that's why he is the puppy? :) 

This is the post when he thanked his milkbox for their support and love to him. 

Welcome abroad to this new home, @cinta256 Very happy to see more and more familiar faces joining in here.  Let's continue to spam this thead with our post. I know there is the thread for his recently airing drama 'Second to Last Love' but seems like the update is not too swift over there..so i will post the link to some of the drama clips that has Kwak Si Hang in there..

Episode 11 STLL Clips (with KSY in it)

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1106228 A new love line?

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1106215 Goodbye my love :bawling:

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1106185 Joon Woo, a man who choose to protect his family/his hyung/friendship over love

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1106172  The heartbreak begins..He is not the one for her.. 

Episode 10 STLL Clips

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1105121 The unexpected kiss! I'm surprised! 

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1105115/ Saying 'Ijasik' at a tone like saying 'you're so cute' :D 

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1105109/ Ahh... Beautiful fireworks with a loved one

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1105069/ Yaa Jon Woo ya! Next time try to give better appreciation to a girl's effort for you 

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1105041 Joon Woo is younger than hyung, yet he can give a wise advise for his hyung.

I actually found the youtube link for those above clips  BUT I cannot open them due to country's restriction, Indonesia is not included in the countries that can access the link :( . Hence, just naver link from me. Thanks to @seesaw_love who has compiled all detail links in her FB, make it easier for me to search and share them here. :) 

Does any of us still remember his cute NG for the trio's greetings in Mirror of The Witch? Well, he's on it again, cute NG for greeting the audience to watch  STLL :D 

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000009619&pgm_mnu_id=44134&pgm_build_id=17804&contNo=22000195537

in case anyone has difficulty to watch using the above link, here's another link to try.

http://nnetv.sbs.co.kr:8080/api/download/22000195537i.mp4?u=sbs&q=ZFi0VmK7WvfnRZ0DcckpcU6X/FUI9N9PaWZwIc4w+6X1vGu3kipIDZN7bp2WX/PFrmaG3PFJPGoBcGFDmnxhPbU0OSiLhk4qqvF1KyKJ7OIKKvWpSwkMWMWCYOlVoEj/kEwn8VaMKRwqGdA+isi/uBZvzSYg4Uz74tgMYo3Brf8=

An-nyeong berries~~ :wub::wub::wub:

Haha... Is it still ok to call ourselves “berries”? Hmmm... 

@KalyanaV ... thanks for sharing those links dear...

Awww... How can he be so cute in NGs and so matured in STLL... :love:

I wish STLL would show us more NGs or BTS footages...with Siyang of course... :blush:

Siyang has certainly grown in the last couple of years...

If in OMG he is just “sprouting”, he is undoubtedly “blooming” now... Heee... :blush:

@Z33Ta

i still love the idea calling us "berries"...after all it's favourite drink from Kwak Si Yang,isn't it?

btw, @KalyanaV advised to use his full name as Kwak Si Yang when we are posting in this thread to improve the quality of the keyword search in google. :wub:

35 minutes ago, 6u2n7a said:

@Z33Ta

i still love the idea calling us "berries"...after all it's favourite drink from Kwak Si Yang,isn't it?

btw, @KalyanaV advised to use his full name as Kwak Si Yang when we are posting in this thread to improve the quality of the keyword search in google. :wub:

Yup, his must have breakfast drink... mixed yogurt + blueberry and blend them together with full of LuRVe... yummy :yum: ... as yummy as him... Hehehe... :blush:

Kwak Si Yang it is from now on... :wub:

I'm calling out to other chinggus out there... @novikoydy @dj_blue @SamaraP  ... where are you~~~ :w00t:

Archived