KalyanaV

Guest snowpanda

Kwak SiYang has won an award this time at the 2015 KBS Drama Awards, I think it was the Daily Drama Award (Actor) for his performance in All is Well.

Here is also a picture from the red carpet :)

kbs15_kwakshiyang2.jpg 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snowpanda

Kwak Siyang is going to be in tomorrows (2016.01.13) Radio Star episode :) The Episode is called Heart Stealer. (exactly the right episode for him ;) )

goldfish_photo160111162724entertain3.jpg

Spoiler

goldfish_photo160111163831entertain1.jpg

goldfish_photo160111163831entertain2.jpg

goldfish_photo160111164527entertain2.jpg

goldfish_photo160111163956entertain1.jpg

goldfish_photo160111163956entertain2.jpg

goldfish_photo160111164212entertain0.jpg

goldfish_photo160111164212entertain2.jpg

goldfish_photo160111164212entertain3.jpg

goldfish_photo160111164212entertain4.jpg

source: MBC

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snowpanda

Kwak Si Yang Talks About Acting Career and Agency Colleague Lee Min Ho

Kwak Si Yang Talks About Acting Career and Agency Colleague Lee Min Ho

Tall and handsome, with clean-cut features and a sweet voice, Kwak Si Yangstole plenty of hearts in 2015 with his roles in various dramas and his appearances on “We Got Married” with virtual wife Kim So Yeon.

In a recent interview, the actor revealed he wanted to be a celebrity ever since he was young, eventually settling on acting after brief stints both as a model and as a trainee under SM Entertainment. He made his acting debut in the film “Night Flight” in 2014, which made its world premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival.

kwak si yang oh my ghostess

He then beat out 1 in 10,000 odds to win the leading role in the drama “Persevere, Goo Hae Ra,” going on to make appearances in the tvN drama “Oh My Ghostess” and “All Is Well.”

The actor happens to be in the same agency as Hallyu star and fellow actorLee Min Ho. “I call myself ‘the second bomber,’” he joked. “I went around telling people that.” Turning serious, he added, “We are both actors but our paths are already different. I think he’s amazing for already having paved his own road so far. He started when he was young so I think it must have been very difficult for him. I think there is a lot he has to protect.”

When asked about his plans for 2016, Kwak Si Yang revealed that he keeps a note of all the things he wants to accomplish as an actor. “Since I was young, my parents told me to add question marks to these kind of things. Every year I write a new one, but I haven’t done one for 2016 yet. Last year there were so many things I was unable to do. This year I want to lead a mini-series and film a movie with my name attached.”

Best of luck to him in 2016!

cr: Soompi

I really hope he gets to do all the things he wants to. I would love to see him lead a mini drama and star in a movie~:wub:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest snowpanda

Kwak Siyang has been confirmed to star in the drama 마녀보감 (Mirror of the Witch) together with Kim Saeron and Yoon SiYoon.
it's going to be his first time acting in a sageuk drama. It will be aired in May on JTBC.

http://www.nspna.com/news/?mode=view&newsid=163294

I found an official article in english^^

Kwak Si-yang to star in "Witch Exemplar" with Yoon Si-yoon and Kim Sae-ron

photo699474.jpg

Actor Kwak Si-yang is starring in the new JTBC drama "Witch Exemplar" with Yoon Si-yoon, Kim Sae-ron, Yeom Jeong-ah and more.

"Witch Exemplar" is a fantasy historical drama about an unfortunate princess who was born cursed and white-haired until she meets warm-hearted Heo Joon.

Kwak Si-yang is attempting at his first historical drama and he plays a character who only has eyes set on Yeon-hee (Seori). He takes on the role of Poong-yeon, Choi Hyeon-seo's eldest son.

He is the only brother to Yeon-hee whom his father brought home when she was 2 years old. Poong-yeon is the only lead to the outside world for Seori and he adored and loved her with all his heart. They then fall into a three-way romance with Heo Joon (Yoon Si-yoon).

Kwak Si-yang said, "I am nervous and excited about this new genre. I will make sure to show you something new".

"Witch Exemplar" is directed by Jo Hyeon-tak.

Guest snowpanda

Here is the whole interview in english

[bnt interview] Kwak Si Yang to Show His Actions rather than Words

[by Lee Lin, translated by Bae Jung Yun] When you look into actor Kwak Si Yang’s clear and big eyes, you have no choice but to be entangled by him. He has a pure smile just like his nickname ‘Puppy’ made by his fans. He also has the serious eyes, which contains a confidence united with his effort.

After the end of his drama, KBS2’s daily drama ‘Love And Hate’, he is meeting the viewers by appearing on MBC’s variety program called ‘We Got Married Season 4’. He came to meet with bntnews after finishing the drama of 102 episodes, which made him to work around the clock.

“I had fun filming the drama by the favor of staff and cast. I was thankful that they made workplace like a playground. I feel bad, but excited at the same time because I will meet them again from some other good drama or film.”

The drama means a lot to him. It made him, who just started to perform in various drama, movie and variety program, to stand as a leading actor in his first terrestrial broadcast. He had a big pressure on taking the role as a leading character, but he said that he felt great and it was worth it.

“I had a silent pressure about how should I lead and care the cast and staff as a main character. I also had pressure on viewer ratings. However, the teamwork was real great, so I had nothing to care about. I only needed to do well on my own part.”

He got a big notice from the mass public by his drama ‘Oh My Ghost’. He took the role of a cordon chef and received popularity just like the main characters by disclosing chic, but caring image.

“It was a really attractive character. Even though ‘Oh My Ghost’ helped me to become famous, all other dramas I have filmed contains the memory and nostalgia. Every one of them is important to me. Every child is dear to his parents. I am learning a lot from the every end of filming the drama.”

He became mature. He is not a person, who only liked the glamorous image of an actor, anymore.

“I didn’t have any idea about what I want to do. Whether it is a singer, actor or someone involved in broadcasting. I think I just wanted to become a star. When I was 24, I was watching TV and it was fun. I was watching ‘The Greatest Love’ and ‘Secret Garden’. I suddenly thought about I want to have fun in front of the camera. The act of expressing what I haven’t experienced before seemed fun for me. However, I wanted to become serious because I needed to think acting as a career other than just a glamorous thing to do. I always agonize how to resolve the scene while acting.”

Recently, he is known as nation’s toyboy by appearing in MBC’s ‘We Got Married 4’ with his imaginary wife, actress Kim So Yeon. He disclosed his gratitude toward her.

“She has such a great energy. She is kind and caring. She is very nice and even made me think ‘How can a person be that nice’. I unconsciously wanted to look like her. She made me think of my first intention and do my best to be modest. I think I have the good fortune to have kind people around.”

He is facing a release of a movie called ‘Familyhood’. The movie captured people’s attention by its main characters, Kim Hye Soo and Ma Dong Seok. Particularly, Kwak Si Yang delivered his future plan by talking an episode about the senior actor, Kim Hye Soo.

“Kim Hye Soo’s strong image and aura brought me down even before the filming. However, she called me a day before the filming and said, “You should come one hour early tomorrow for the script reading.” Meeting her early to adjust the lines helped me to get relaxed and work in harmony with her. I have learned that, ‘If I become like her, I will reach my hand to people who might feel uncomfortable with me and act well together.’ I want to become a senior, who has a good image.”

“I want to show myself with actions rather than words. I want to hear people call me as an actor, who is modest and always work hard, even after 10 years from now. I want to be remembered like that.”

At the end, he revealed his love for the members of his project group ‘ONE O ONE’, Kwon Do Kyun, Song Won Seok and Ahn Hyo Seop. Recently, the group, which is a project group formed with four actors from the Starhaus entertainment, completed its first fan meeting, ‘Start’.

“At first, I thought we might not get along with each other because we all lived differently. However, we got along really well. We don’t have a problem with living together because we care and understand each other. Even I am the one who appeared more on the broadcast, there must be a freefall for me some day in the future. I think a person who cares and leads the other person, who is doing well, is a real high class. Surprisingly, all four members thought the same thing. I often just go to sleep as soon as I came home, so other members are doing all the housework. I want to take more care of them as an eldest brother.” (photo by bntnews DB)

cr. http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=29280

Guest snowpanda

here is a bit more about his character in 'Mirror of the Witch' 

Kwak Shi-yang (Oh My Ghostess) will play a warm, sweet young man whose first love was the princess; he became both her friend and brother-like figure when his father brought her home as a child and kept her safely hidden, making him her only source of connection to the outside world.

full article: dramabeans

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snowpanda

Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang Leaving “We Got Married”

Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang Leaving “We Got Married”

On April 2, MBC’s “We Got Married” revealed news that Eric Nam andMAMAMOO’s Solar would be the newest couple to join the virtual marriage show.

Alongside this news came the information that Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yangwill be leaving “We Got Married.” Thus, the new couple will come in after their departure.

The show’s representatives asked viewers to show great love and interest to the new couple as well as to Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang who have been on the show thus far.

Previously, “We Got Married” denied rumors of the couple leaving. However, the rumors have now come true.

Secret’s Hyosung and actor Kim Min Suk have been revealed to be in talks to join the show as well. If they do join, it is being speculated that BTOB’s Yook Sungjae and Red Velvet’s Joy will exit the show.

Source (1)

cr. soompi

Guest snowpanda

Pictures from the script reading of Mirror of the Witch (31 March 2016)

201603310827049910_1.jpg

201603310827049910_3.jpg

cr. newsen

And pictures from the InStyle photoshoot (with Moon GaYoung) for the May Issue.

Guest snowpanda

Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang Share Thoughts on Leaving “We Got Married”

Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang Share Thoughts on Leaving “We Got Married”

After completing their final mission last episode, Kwak Si Yang and Kim So Yeon have revealed their feelings on leaving “We Got Married.”

Kim So Yeon said through her agency, Namoo Actors, “There were many things to be grateful for while filming ‘We Got Married.” It was a beautiful and happy time. I will treasure the memories and work harder at showing a better side of myself as an actress.”

She also thanked the production staff who had worked with her on the show, as well as all the fans who supported the “SiSo” couple. “I’m also grateful to Kwak Si Yang for his positive energy,” she concluded.

Kwak Si Yang also released a statement through his agency. “When I realized it was the end, I felt regretful that I didn’t do better. I learned a lot and I’m thankful to the staff for bringing together the “SiSo” couple. “We Got Married” helped me remember my roots. Thank you to all the viewers who cheered us on and I hope to meet you again through a new production soon.”

The two actors have been a couple on the show since last September. Are you sad to see them go?

Source (1)

cr. soompi

Guest snowpanda

Kwak SiYang at the Time Renegade (시간이탈자) VIP premiere (12th April 2016)

635962451808081250.jpg

Spoiler

cd351a09ff6473ce3ccec1b1910857c3.jpg

201604121953774977_570cd3dc84992.jpg

20160412200501_P_00_C_1_605.jpg

티브이데일리 포토

이미지중앙

cr. on the pictures

Guest snowpanda

160420 Kwak SiYang at the Aerin store launching

조슬기

Spoiler

조슬기

조슬기

20160420181051_P_00_C_2_139.jpg

20160420181050_P_00_C_1_501.jpg

2016042001001724700100711.jpg

image_readtop_2016_287997_14611403622441

20160420_1461139514_78254800_1.jpg

201604201659141118_1.jpg

cr. as tagged

and some still cuts from his new drama 'Mirror of the Witch'

1461282680568_1_085538.jpg

cr. JoyNews

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest snowpanda

10 Celebrities Who Quit Smoking And Why

Smoking is known to be highly prevalent in Korea despite efforts from the government and the media to curtail smoking. This is why cigarettes are blurred out on television as it is seen as a measure of protecting the youth from being influenced to smoke.

Below are 10 Korean celebrities who have made efforts to quit smoking for their own health and the health of the people around them.

[...]

2. Kwak Si Yang

Kim So Yeon Kwak Si Yang - quit smoking

While appearing on MBC’s “We Got Married” with partner Kim So Yeon, Kwak Si Yang decided to quit smoking because Kim So Yeon asked him to.

[...]

A pat on the back for everyone! Hopefully more people can be inspired and quit smoking to be healthier.

*Please note that while these individuals have once quit smoking, they may have relapsed.

cr. soompi

Archived