Increase in Spam Posts After Migration

cherkell

Question

Over the past two months or so, I have noticed an exponential increase in spammers posting their get-rich quick schemes on various threads and in the comments sections.  It's especially annoying see these morons chew up valuable bandwidth on our mobile devices with their drivel.  Can you raise this issue to the ISP or tech contact handling the spam/junk connection and see if a setting on the firewall needs to be generated or tweaked?  Thanks tons!

5 answers to this question

Hello! Sorry for the late reply!

Yes, we did notice there is an increase in spammers posting delicate subjects over the last few days.

Our team is currently working on a new login interface which will enable another screen of protection against these malicious users.

The release date of this new update is TBA.

As for duplicate accounts right now, we'll have to proceed on a case-by-case basis with the technical team.

Hello! Sorry for the late reply!

Yes, we did notice there is an increase in spammers posting delicate subjects over the last few days.

Our team is currently working on a new login interface which will enable another screen of protection against these malicious users.

The release date of this new update is TBA.

As for duplicate accounts right now, we'll have to proceed on a case-by-case basis with the technical team.

Your site, starting about 2 or 3 weeks ago is absolutely locking up my IPad, Iphone, laptop. I have all these spams and even when trying to right a post on Soompi, it crashes my systems.

I think it's an isolated issue for your case. There was indeed a big spike of spammers but nothing problematic against our hosting systems.

We are currently tracking down these people and banning them from our domain in order to relieve our members with limited bandwidth.

As for hardware crashes, the main solution is to clear the browser's cache on a weekly basis. There are also known issues with 3G connection.

If this fails, a factory reset would be also a viable option.

I think it's an isolated issue for your case. There was indeed a big spike of spammers but nothing problematic against our hosting systems.

We are currently tracking down these people and banning them from our domain in order to relieve our members with limited bandwidth.

As for hardware crashes, the main solution is to clear the browser's cache on a weekly basis. There are also known issues with 3G connection.

If this fails, a factory reset would be also a viable option.

I don't have limited bandwidth and I'm having to clear my browser every day after visiting a Soompi thread.  There is something going on with Soompi.  I use different connections/networks for my IPhone and Ipad than what I use for my laptop and let, they all have the same problem.  Since I have to work from home at times, I have a very powerful bandwidth that can handle multiple PCs and other devices at one time. Your site is the only time I experience a problem.  I'm just saying that you all have an issue that started about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Archived