[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Love Me If You Dare (When He Comes Close Your Eyes) 他来了请闭眼

jwand

just finish this drama.

love the ending, 3 seconds of creepy stare and smile. i think allen would always be a part of simon, just like how everyone has dark/light side inside of them.

hope season 2 (if there's really a season 2) would be as good as season 1 and they would not change the cast.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Izzy Bitzy said:

love the ending, 3 seconds of creepy stare and smile. i think allen would always be a part of simon, just like how everyone has dark/light side inside of them.

hope season 2 (if there's really a season 2) would be as good as season 1 and they would not change the cast.

That's right, Izzy.  Everyone of us has two or more sides to our personality.  One a public persona and the other when we are all alone and we could be whoever we are.  In fact, during the LMIYD webchat, someone asked Wallace whether he has dual personality or whether he is more Simon or Allen, and his answer was close to  your comment.

@Eva Kirkland Hmmm.. what do you mean by 'what next help you'?  Suggest you watch other C dramas?  What sort of dramas do you like?  Modern?  Romance?  Ancient?  

To help some of us ease our withdrawals from this drama, here's vid taken by a fan when the LMIYD crew shot the scenes in Qingdao.  I think this is shot in a college.  http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:e5da1c8577eb6c22ce5509c8935f6d6a

Wallace loves basketball.  So he took time off the shooting to play basketball with college students.

a40fe689jw1esfeuqt6jej20xc18gk64.jpg

Fans at the college.

0062vh8gjw1esf8pltvh0j30p018gagw.jpg

Guest Tinkiebell

Finally watched the final 2 episodes! A bit sad that it's all over. This drama will always have a special place in my heart because it is the one drama that introduces me to the Chinese entertainment scene (and of course the amazing Wallace Huo!) :)

The last 2 episodes regarding the Flower Cannibal case felt a bit rushed, but I still enjoyed it tremendously. 

The last shot implies indeed that there will be a sequel. Glad to hear that Ding Mo is working on the sequel. I just hope that Shandong will be the one that produces it again. And of course, with the same main casts :) 

By the way, if you would like to discuss anything about Wallace Huo that is not related to the drama, you can head over to Wallace Huo's official Soompi thread and discuss it there :)

I marathoned the last 5 episodes while multitasking in the kitchen. :P

Intriguing and suspenseful for the most part. The Xie Han reveal had resonances of Iron Man 3. I was pretty chuffed about guessing whodunnit even if it only dawned on me in Ep. 23. ;)  

The ending was pretty cheesy with people being paired off here and there to attend the big day. :rolleyes: Except for Xunran :bawling:. (Except that I'm ecstatic that Kai Kai will be male lead in the adaptation of the next Ding Mo novel)

All in all, I enjoyed the serial killer/crime solving aspect to the show more than the romance and perhaps the obvious reason to that is because the detective story was probably better developed.  While I wouldn't go so far to say that the romance was unnecessary because I think the show is trying to show that well, Jinyan needed some kind of Achilles Heel and lurrrve was it apparently.

I think I also had a hard time buying into the fact that JY and YY were involved in some grand romance. They were hardly burning up the screen for me. And what's worse is that YY became less and less herself and more weepy after the coupling. Then she becomes a prop. A plot device.

Perhaps on paper a girly female lead and a cold but brilliant Sherlockian hero has all the makings of something great but once translated onscreen it's a different beast entirely.

Just my 2 cents.

I have never view this drama as one with grand romance so I do not expect many hardcore lovey dovey scenes.  I prefer what is put out in the drama - light humorous romance mixed with crime suspense.  Personally, I do not want romance to be the main theme.  I could watch other hardcore romantic dramas if I want to or a 100% crime drama.  I do agree the novel is better than the drama particularly the sexy scenes but of course no way it could be incorporated into the drama.  If they could, the drama may end up hotter than Fifty Shades of Grey.  :P  As in  most cases, novels are always better because there are some things you cannot translate on screen or you may need a 100 ep drama to include every detail into the drama.  

The producer has made some tweaking to the novel and I think they did an excellent job.  Andy became one of the favourites and so did Jian Yao's sister and ZiYu.  I find them colourless in the novel but they stood out in the drama by being given a slightly different demeanour and lines.  All in, I love this drama and could watch it many times over particularly the humourous scenes.  I also like that it's not 50+ eps long!  

16 hours ago, BellyButton said:

I have never view this drama as one with grand romance so I do not expect many hardcore lovey dovey scenes.  I prefer what is put out in the drama - light humorous romance mixed with crime suspense.  Personally, I do not want romance to be the main theme.  I could watch other hardcore romantic dramas if I want to or a 100% crime drama.  I do agree the novel is better than the drama particularly the sexy scenes but of course no way it could be incorporated into the drama.  If they could, the drama may end up hotter than Fifty Shades of Grey.  :P  As in  most cases, novels are always better because there are some things you cannot translate on screen or you may need a 100 ep drama to include every detail into the drama.  

The producer has made some tweaking to the novel and I think they did an excellent job.  Andy became one of the favourites and so did Jian Yao's sister and ZiYu.  I find them colourless in the novel but they stood out in the drama by being given a slightly different demeanour and lines.  All in, I love this drama and could watch it many times over particularly the humourous scenes.  I also like that it's not 50+ eps long!  

To be frank, neither did I. ;)  I would've been quite happy if the leads never became a couple. In fact their relationship was more... interesting when it was just UST and banter.

But when a show purports to be part romance part crime, it does give rise to certain expectations, does it not... that some effort would be made to develop the romance. And by effort I don't mean bed scenes, a kiss here and there, back hugs and 10- minute speeches about how much she loves him. :P All that to me is window dressing. ;)

I haven't read the novel so I have no idea what adaptation sins were committed by this tv show in that department. And really, I don't care because I judge the tv show on its own merits.

The strength of the show is that the men are generally well-written... the women, on the other hand, are a mixed bag. I think I will go as far as to say that even if there weren't any women, the show would still work. Without the romance, the show could still work except that the show demands that the female lead be kidnapped, derail Jinyan's plans and give him an opportunity to display more of his investigative prowess.

At the end of the day, all she was was a foil to Jinyan. Sadly.

Hello everyone, its kinda too late for me to join this forum since this drama already ended about 3 weeks ago. But i cant help, my hand crazily want to type here :D. And i have to do this, before getting work or i cant do anything on workplace :sweatingbullets::D

I marathoned the whole series about a week. For the first time i watched c-drama completely from the start to the end without missing or skipping every scene. After watching the ending, the first thing that i want so badly from this drama are Andy - the jenius car and Fu Zi Yu - a loyal and jenius friend. Bo Ji Yan very lucky to have them. For me personally to date or even married a person like BJY is a little scary :o. Not because his personality, but because his job. Oh my..... Aaaa and i realized, in c-drama personal multiple disorder also be a topic too :grin:

I never expected Li Yi Yang was the real flower canibal 2. So, he already observed BJY for a long long time. Maybe the engagement with Zi Qi was part of his plan. Zi Qi already paid her mistake of leaking BJY's personal information to LYY by helping him on the last mission. And im glad, now their relationship should be better than before.

This drama was an adaptation from a novel, right? Because i didnt know the novel's story, i cant tell whether the drama is better or worsen than novel, esp when we are talking obout the romance. But for me, BJY and JY's love story is such a beautiful love story. They can accept the weakness of their partner and support each other.

The last, its a bit confusing about the language that they used. Zi Qi spoke in English when she had a chat with the American cast, why BJY used Chinese? I found this a bit odd (esp for me, i never watched a drama or movie like this before). Then i just assumed FBI agent and BJY, both knew english and chinese well, but they decided to speak on their own language :grin: :grin:. Truthfully im disappointed about Li Xu Ran, for the second half of the drama he didnt have much scene. Even, his recovery scene, we cant see it. At very last minute we only have a glimpse of him while driving and smiling peacefully thinking obout the OTP's marriage :cold_sweat:

LMIYD will remain on my hdd. One of the best romance thriller drama :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I am missing BJY, Jian Yao, ZiYu, XunRan, Xie Han (yeah the Valentino singing psychopath), Dr Barnes, little Yao Yao, Susan, Andy, Chen Mo etc etc etc.  

A fan made the sweets which Jian Yao's friend made and which BJY likes.  Looks like some gluey candy?

719c1845jw1f0i2670y9gj20qo1bgqba.jpg

719c1845jw1f0i2697vwwj21bg0qo103.jpg

719c1845jw1f0i269tcq3j21bg0qogsx.jpg

719c1845jw1f0i26afr69j20qo0etabe.jpg

719c1845jw1f0i26avpeuj20qo0ewjso.jpg

719c1845jw1f0i26b1ioij20qn0f0gn0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this drama very much but there are some things I didn't like... I'll start with the bad ones... 

I didn't like the ending creepy stare... There are many ways to indicate that there would be a sequel... But if Simon is a bad guy in the sequel, then the whole point of him winning against the Flower Cannibal in this drama is pointless.. To me, Allen never existed. It was Simon's tactics to get out of the crazy torture. He is a profiler after all. I know this drama is influenced by Sherlock and Criminal minds.. (I've literally watched all kinds of crazy crime shows... lol)... I got reminded of Missing Noir M too. I guess watching a lot of crime dramas made me feel that it was still incomplete: I felt that the Sister or the Sister's Fiance was still involved to the very end. The way the sister was so obsessed in knowing Simon and dated lovely Fu Ziyu just for this purpose... Xun Ran coming to US and Yi Yang going there too was just too much of a coincidence for me. There was always an icky feeling that someone closer was involved. 

The other thing is that I loved the spunky Goddess Detective in the female lead... But her beautiful role got reduced in the end...Ofcourse, her reaction to her friend's almost death and kidnapping would have totally crumbled her brain... I still missed the old her. 

Even Xun Ran's role greatly reduced. I loved his character too: A honest dutiful officer. I missed Jian Yao's sis too... 

---

Things I liked in this drama: 

1. ANDY, my true love... hahahaa... I liked Andy more than the male lead (Don't deny it people!)

2. The pace of the drama was nice. It made me glued to the screen. 

3. The characterisation of each person was amazing. Who cannot fall in love with a great friend like Fu Zi Yu?

The whole story was nice. This is my first Chinese drama and it has definitely set the standards high... 

This drama was awesome!! I liked more Xie Han's interpretation than Yi Yang's.. Xie Han was a truly psycho.. 

Initially i thought that Yi Yang would only be one of Xie Han's marionettes, while it was the contrary xD

Romance and mistery were well balanced.. the only thing i didn't like so much was Yao Yao's attitude toward the end.. I thought she would be a little stronger and useful, but i can get over this xD i liked too much the drama lol

Can someone explain me the end, please? I interpreted it as Allen will be the main character of the sequel..But throughout the drama i believed Allen was only a creation of Simon :huh:

Another thing: i read that this is based on a novel.. This novel is translated in english?

Sorry for my bad english ;) 

Archived