[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Love Me If You Dare (When He Comes Close Your Eyes) 他来了请闭眼

jwand

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Bo so arouse and hot in chapter 45 to 50

Oooooo.... Can't wait to read the translated chapters of chapters 45 to 50 now!! >.<

It occurred to me while watching Ep. 5 that I'm really watching a rom com which happens to have detective elements to it. 5 and 6 had some nice funny moments... the banter's pretty good but it isn't quite the police procedural that I thought it was going to be. 

Wallace as usual is terrific balancing all aspects of his character. He does the lovable arrogant shtick so effortlessly. On the other hand, I rather enjoy watching Yao Yao taking Jinyan down a peg or two.

Right?!?! That's what I felt too when I was watching the drama. I seriously love all the scenes of Yao Yao and Prof. Bo (Jinyan)...!! :wub: Can't wait until Yao Yao moves in with Jinyan and they start an "official" relationship!!! :wub:

For me... What makes this drama and novel wonderful is that even though the drama is adapted from the novel only around 50% to 70% of the content in the drama is similar to the novel. While the important parts are still kept in the drama, the drama added elements to it (such as a fiance for Prof. Bo's step-sister, a more integral role for Prof. Bo's and Yao Yao's besties and Andy) that it makes it sooooo intriguing. It's to the point where even if you read the novel and then watch the drama you would still be eager to know what will happens next because the sequencing or the additional scenes/details in the drama may not be in the novel (and vice versa). Or if it is in the novel the details from the novel provides you deeper insight to what is happening in the drama. Added with a great chemistry from the leads and the cast (& the romance of course) this drama is wonderful!!! What's amazing for me (and is such a great, and not easy, feat accomplished) is that BOTH the novel and drama are VERY VERY GOOD and MUST be read & watched!!! It's like reading and watching 2 intriguing, different yet similar stories (where the difference is that you have to imagine the former and you're viewing real people living it out for the later). It helps that the romance is intertwined in the plot sooooooo well that you don't feel that you're watching a pure rom-com or detective (thriller) drama..!!! This is seriously TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!! So glad I came across and decided to take a chance to watch this drama...!! Definitely not regretting my choice!! :wub:

Mr Bo so arouse and hot in chapter 45 to 50

Oooooo.... Can't wait to read the translated chapters of chapters 45 to 50 now!! >.<

It occurred to me while watching Ep. 5 that I'm really watching a rom com which happens to have detective elements to it. 5 and 6 had some nice funny moments... the banter's pretty good but it isn't quite the police procedural that I thought it was going to be. 

Wallace as usual is terrific balancing all aspects of his character. He does the lovable arrogant shtick so effortlessly. On the other hand, I rather enjoy watching Yao Yao taking Jinyan down a peg or two.

Right?!?! That's what I felt too when I was watching the drama. I seriously love all the scenes of Yao Yao and Prof. Bo (Jinyan)...!! :wub: Can't wait until Yao Yao moves in with Jinyan and they start an "official" relationship!!! :wub:

For me... What makes this drama and novel wonderful is that even though the drama is adapted from the novel only around 50% to 70% of the content in the drama is similar to the novel. While the important parts are still kept in the drama, the drama added elements to it (such as a fiance for Prof. Bo's step-sister, a more integral role for Prof. Bo's and Yao Yao's besties and Andy) that it makes it sooooo intriguing. It's to the point where even if you read the novel and then watch the drama you would still be eager to know what will happens next because the sequencing or the additional scenes/details in the drama may not be in the novel (and vice versa). Or if it is in the novel the details from the novel provides you deeper insight to what is happening in the drama. Added with a great chemistry from the leads and the cast (& the romance of course) this drama is wonderful!!! What's amazing for me (and is such a great, and not easy, feat accomplished) is that BOTH the novel and drama are VERY VERY GOOD and MUST be read & watched!!! It's like reading and watching 2 intriguing, different yet similar stories (where the difference is that you have to imagine the former and you're viewing real people living it out for the later). It helps that the romance is intertwined in the plot sooooooo well that you don't feel that you're watching a pure rom-com or detective (thriller) drama..!!! This is seriously TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!! So glad I came across and decided to take a chance to watch this drama...!! Definitely not regretting my choice!! :wub:

@fruitkatsu   @nanaxan93  Someone posted a link to the introductory instrument and the fireworks instrumental.  You may be able to download the MP3 from here?  

Intro   :    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjL1Jjf

Fireworks: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGAkG54

@LeeN  Hahaha...  yes, chapters 45-50  ... start of sizzle.  I vividly remember chapter 60 is D SUPER HOT NIGHT,   I posted the relevant chapter on wallacehuoforum for the girls.  :D

Guest nanaxren93

@fruitkatsu   @nanaxan93  Someone posted a link to the introductory instrument and the fireworks instrumental.  You may be able to download the MP3 from here?  

Intro   :    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjL1Jjf

Fireworks: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGAkG54

@LeeN  Hahaha...  yes, chapters 45-50  ... start of sizzle.  I vividly remember chapter 60 is D SUPER HOT NIGHT,   I posted the relevant chapter on wallacehuoforum for the girls.  :D

@BellyButton Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's already on my phone <3 

Guest nanaxren93

Guys...It suddenly occurred to me (Shamefully very late) that Bo Jian Yan has split personality disorder. After watching the 14 minute trailer...I kept on hearing Allen and then Simon...Is Allen the bad guy of the two? Is that why there is someone after him? Is he even aware that there are two characters of him? I am so confused and I am not sure that this is even correct, but I keep thinking...why do they call him Allen? Is the guys stalking him actually "Allen's" accomplice and Simon is aware so he's trying to find him and lock him up? Am I the only one confused? 

Guys ... It suddenly occurred to me (Shamefully very late) that Bo Jian Yan has split personality disorder. After watching the 14 minute trailer ... I kept on hearing Allen and then Simon ... Is Allen the bad guy of the two? Is that why there is someone after him? Is he even aware that there are two characters of him? I am so confused and I am not sure that this is even correct, but I keep thinking ... why do they call him Allen? Is the guys stalking him actually "Allen's" accomplice and Simon is aware so he's trying to find him and lock him up? Am I the only one confused? 

I am currently on chapt 40 of the novel--reading it in Chinese and I am actually quite curious about that as well.. as if he does have some sort of disorder in which we see flashbacks of him in chains??

Guest nanaxren93

Guys ... It suddenly occurred to me (Shamefully very late) that Bo Jian Yan has split personality disorder. After watching the 14 minute trailer ... I kept on hearing Allen and then Simon ... Is Allen the bad guy of the two? Is that why there is someone after him? Is he even aware that there are two characters of him? I am so confused and I am not sure that this is even correct, but I keep thinking ... why do they call him Allen? Is the guys stalking him actually "Allen's" accomplice and Simon is aware so he's trying to find him and lock him up? Am I the only one confused? 

I am currently on chapt 40 of the novel--reading it in Chinese and I am actually quite curious about that as well.. as if he does have some sort of disorder in which we see flashbacks of him in chains??

I wish I knew Chinese to be able to read the novel but thankfully there is a really nice person translating it to english so I am in Episode 32 (nothing regarding Allen came up yet though). I also remember in the trailer that at some point, his pupil dilated and his facial expression changed from the Simon we know...I am thinking you may be right and maybe that's what caused Allen to appear. He was a victim to a horrendous crime and was under the control of one the worst criminals out there. It's a possibility that that's when his split personality disorder got triggered. 

He himself mentions that usually a trigger occurs for things like muder and crime to be evident in criminals...and  I am thinking that Allen surfaced right after that event...The drama mentions a time gap in which after the last case he took and going back to China, but no one brings up what happened during that gap so that's why timing wise it makes sense. Also, in the trailer (I keep bringing up the trailer everywhere lol), when Jenny is bound, instead of saving her, he has a gun pointed at her and his expression once again is very different than the Simon we know.... 

Another theory of mine is that "Allen" was cured, which is why Simon allowed himself to come back to China to get some rest. However, the stalker (his accomplice I guess), wants him back to continue with whatever he was doing and the only way to do that is to hurt his loved ones (his step sister, Xue Ran, and ultimately Jenny). Maybe that's why Simon has no choice but to bring "Allen" back to save them. But Simon is smarter than this, if Allen is already cured, Simon could be just acting as Allen to trap his stalker into thinking that Allen is actually back and then playing him until he gets chance to lock him up...

Anyhow, my head is bursting with ideas and since it's only the 8th episode, I doubt I am right...BUT it just makes this Drama even more interesting than it already is :D  

This drama is torture. 2 episodes a week. Seriously.... I promised myself not to watch currently airing dramas (couldnt go through another TJoF torture) but i cant stop myself from watching it. Ive realized im a masochist!!! I cant get enough of Bo Jing Yan and Fu Ziyu. Then little sister is adorable!! Yao Yao taking a picture if Jing Ya for her sister (older episode) was too cute...haha. 

Hey guys....totally loving this show.:wub::wub: First time watching wallace and am completely floored....why haven't i seen him before..........does he not do many modern dramas?

I heard about this show a day before it was gonna air......found out it was based on the book...read the few translated chapters and watching the first 2 epis confirmed everything i imagined this show would be like. I couldn't wait one whole week for the next episodes so read the whole book on google translate......i understood about 80% or so....and loved everything i could understand. I'm so eager for all the funny (and embarrassing for JY) romance about to begin.....though I'm pretty sure not all of the naughty lines, the kisses and intimate scenes will make it on screen.......i really hope the more important ones do survive.....like touching the scars....

I'm a bit disappointed they did away with scenes of BJY eating JY's leftovers, BJY carrying JY to bed, sleeping in the same bed, BJY correcting JY's sleeping posture from unhealthy to healthy and JY hugging BJY after the scary birthday surprise..........Maybe because they totally ditched the 3 months separation period of BJY and JY, the writers thought they can't show the same scenes when the comfort level between the characters can't be the same in the show......

Maybe they'll put them in later.....i seem to recall seeing a BJY and JY hugging spoiler pic posted around here....

Anyways I'm enjoying the show.....i loved.... how after failing to get JY into his life, BJY has now completely taken over hers........they spend almost all their time together, JY doesn't even realize this but she's treating him as an important part of her life not someone temporary.....for example.....he gets the cup which is a twin of hers....while others, FZY and LXR,  get cups that are reserved for guests....thats why he knew someone came visiting JY.....the details in this show are amazing....

Anyway looking forward now to playing with the hair scene.....

@dfr_estelle 

Thanks so much for the fun recaps.....they keep me from going crazy on google translate while waiting for the subs to come out.

@BellyButton

Thanks so much for sharing the link for English translation of the novel.

@nanaxren93

I'll put this in spoiler tags.....

In the book it was revealed BJY faked the split personality of Allen to survive the cannibal's torture and that's how he could save those other victims.....as Allen he had to take part in their cannibal activities too....hence his abhorrence of red meat now...... But from the trailers, it seems they might show an actual split personality disorder......or maybe BJY is just a really good faker.

@dito  Yes, noted that they left out the post Pei Ze incident where JY hugged BJY.  They didn't have the salad leftover scene probably because they never had Ziqi, BJY and JY having a meal together.  They met in the office instead. Perhaps they didn't need anymore reinforcements because if we note the details, we already know they are already an item without they realising it.  

According to Director Zhou, the novel is quite long and they could not include all the scenes in the drama.  This drama is a network drama and it is the first time Shandong Productions are involved in network drama.  Network drama generally carry more risk (for everyone including the cast) because you have a lower number of audience compare to well known tv station broadcasts like Hunan, CCTV which reached out to more people and homes.  People think this is kind of a 'testing the water' drama.  I suppose you do not want to invest in too many eps in case it is not a success.  Producing dramas is high risk in China.  I heard some dramas don't even see the light of the day and some were even pulled out after and ep or two.  I do not expect all the scenes to be included.  But judging the past few eps, it looks like they are concentrating on balancing the romance vs thriller bits of the  story.  They won't leave out the 'scars' scene.  It is a crucial scene because it marks the beginning of their relationship.  I think it is already in the trailer - the one where Jian Yao was resting in BJY's arms.   I love that scene.  It is wordlessly meaningful without being over the top romantic.  I assume if this pilot drama is a success, Shandong Productions will be more involved in network dramas.  

Here's the link to the official LMIYD weibo.  http://www.weibo.com/u/5377584418   It is all everything related to the drama.  For those who do not understand Mandarin, you could use google translate. Personally,  I am obsessed enough to do so.  :D

A pix of Shandong Productions and cast prior to the filming of LMIYD.  

Left to Right: Second man with Elvis hairstyle and glasses is Director Zhou.  Fifth man with sunnies/dark glasses is Producer Hou.  I do not now who the ladies are.  You should recognise Wallace and Sandra.

wYhmDXe.jpg

Does anyone know how is the reception in China regarding this drama? Is it a hit or not? 

Very very popular amongst Chinese audience. Also, looks like Vietnamese have the novel almost completely translated so it is indeed popular!

That's great to hear!!! So happy that everyone is receiving this drama sooooooooo positively!!! ^.^ And to think that it's not even halfway yet...!! Hopefully it'll become even more popular, which then would lead the producers to produce another sequel to this drama (since I heard that they'll make a sequel if this one is popular and since there's a 2nd volume to this novel)!!!! 

Guys...It suddenly occurred to me (Shamefully very late) that Bo Jian Yan has split personality disorder. After watching the 14 minute trailer...I kept on hearing Allen and then Simon...Is Allen the bad guy of the two? Is that why there is someone after him? Is he even aware that there are two characters of him? I am so confused and I am not sure that this is even correct, but I keep thinking...why do they call him Allen? Is the guys stalking him actually "Allen's" accomplice and Simon is aware so he's trying to find him and lock him up? Am I the only one confused? 

i guess he is just pretend to be personality disorder in order to safe jian yau in the final case. There are many audio preview novel on youtube You can search on youtube

@gracebkk, WallaceForumInfo facebook post figures on ratings every now and then.  I do believe the viewership is on a upward trend.

@BellyButton Can you tell me the link to it because I wasn't able to find it through google. It'll be great to see the rating and the trend of the ratings for each week. :) 

@thunderman1 Do you know how many chapters are there in total in the novel? 

Archived