SM Entertainment Takes Further Action to Block Tao’s Solo Music Video From YouTube

Tao recently had his Chinese solo music video blocked from YouTube on his official channel due to a copyright claim by SM Entertainment, and now the agency is taking further steps to block other copies of the music video from the site. Tao has launched solo activities in China after leaving his group EXO without […]

The post SM Entertainment Takes Further Action to Block Tao’s Solo Music Video From YouTube appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest missramyeon

I'm sorry to say that but Tao what you're doing is not correct and sm has the right to stop you...you 're still under sm contract!!!!

I'm sorry to say that but Tao what you're doing is not correct and sm has the right to stop you...you 're still under sm contract!!!!

you are right he didn`t end things with SM the correct way and now doing Solo activities. Did he really expected that SM will leave him alone...

Guest Luisa MariaP

"We are talking with Tao in order to find a constructive direction".
A la JYJ, I guess? Just the same ole plain SME BS.

no, it's different, because at least JYJ had a lawsuite and tried to end their contract with SM, nevertheless they got blocked.
With Tao SM has all the right to block him, because he is still under the contract with them. So it's different.

i don't know what this guy is doing , stil under sm , but left to do what he wants... also he talk about his injuries , but he is doing now a lot of activities in china .... he talk about the other members who left and said that they betray the group , but he is doing the same ..... he also talk about wasting time on his lyrics song , what wasting time when exo name help him to get popular .....i just can't support him

Whatever the right or wrong of it (sorry, I really hate SM so I just feel that bottom line it's the big corporation at fault) - but that video WILL get out - & all the attempts to block it will undoubtedly make it that much more searched for. Nature of the Internet & humanity LOL

Guest novadestin

I think he's the only one getting so much hate after he depart!!

Tao is getting more hate because of his previous comments about Kris and Luhan being traitors for leaving, but at least they filed lawsuits and made their intentions clear instead of continually telling fans to trust his promise of never leaving EXO. Then he goes and starts up an agency and has a comeback (which says his time in Korea was a waste) out of nowhere... it's understandable that he's getting a lot of hate right now.

Guest novadestin

I was just counting the days before I saw this article. I WANT to be supportive of Tao, but seriously... w.t.f. is he thinking/doing?

Guest Tofu_Cloud

I love tao but i wish he would grow up and learn like hengeng who at least admits all his success was because he was part of SM. Tao uou never "wasted time" when you are a millionaire. Dont say that.. pls be grateful. And i wish ppl would STOP leaving negative or hateful comments on tao's instagram! It does nothing. Just tell him to be grateful of his past that shaped him for his international success today. Dont say bad things

Guest GitaPutri

i don't know what this guy is doing , stil under sm , but left to do what he wants... also he talk about his injuries , but he is doing now a lot of activities in china .... he talk about the other members who left and said that they betray the group , but he is doing the same ..... he also talk about wasting time on his lyrics song , what wasting time when exo name help him to get popular .....i just can't support him

totally agreee!!!!

Guest momocut

i really liked tao before really that cute panda ab style guy .. but really tao what the heck are you doing ?? even when i heard about your departure i still supported you with all my heart .. i do like luhan and kris till now but tao you really disappointed me alot saying that you wasted time with exo and you were lonely the last 4 years without anyone helping .. saying that your injury was serious and starting your solo activities right after .. omg i'm speechless .. telling exo-ls to trust you and promise that you won't leave exo .. saying that kris and lulu are traitors for leaving and here you go leaving even worse than them saying this richard simmons about exo here and there .. i really hate sm to the point that i want to burn their building and i think they are really stupid but seriously you have to be grateful for what they did to you because without sm you wouldn't be that famous .. sorry tao .. but still gonna say the song was pretty good

Guest Alessar

SM might have grounds to sue him for breach of contract and damages, but it's not actually copyright infringement for him to post his own original material. Youtube aka Google is not going to be happy to dragged into this dispute.

Guest dcole

Whatever the right or wrong of it (sorry, I really hate SM so I just feel that bottom line it's the big corporation at fault) - but that video WILL get out - & all the attempts to block it will undoubtedly make it that much more searched for. Nature of the Internet & humanity LOL

They honestly have every right to block it. He's yet to properly terminate his contract with them and has the nerve to release a music video? He's foolish if he thought that would go over well.

So true,

Guest pjferjack

SME you're too late.... many of us have already downloaded and copied the video. Where there's a will, there's a way!

SME you're too late.... many of us have already downloaded and copied the video. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Precisely - which was my point LOL  Whether SM has the right (they sure don't have the MORAL right) to block it is totally immaterial :D

Archived