[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

Guest airgelaal

Ironically, this week I watched a mexicain soap opera where the main male lead was a married man with a very sick woman (who died after 2/3 of the episodes), he used to say that he loved very much his wife, but was having a affair (long duration) to "answer his male necessities" (

:o

), and who falls in love with the female main lead.

"La esposa virgen"?

In historical k-dramas this happen very often. Sadly.

I can remember only 2 kdramas, where I shamelessly supported cheating. They were "Sea of ambition" and "Thousand days promise". But leads were not married, only engaged. But anyway, it's quite difficult to justify cheating. Noone wants to be a losing side.

I think the way they dress SR comes from a misconception of the way female schollars  dress themselves. It comes from the idea that female researchers aren't vanity, feminine or fashion people lol

Ironically, this week I watched a mexicain soap opera where the main male lead was a married man with a very sick woman (who died after 2/3 of the episodes), he used to say that he loved very much his wife, but was having a affair (long duration) to "answer his male necessities" (

:o

), and who falls in love with the female main lead.

"La esposa virgen"?

In historical k-dramas this happen very often. Sadly.

I can remember only 2 kdramas, where I shamelessly supported cheating. They were "Sea of ambition" and "Thousand days promise". But leads were not married, only engaged. But anyway, it's quite difficult to justify cheating. Noone wants to be a losing side.

Yes, spot on ;)

I watched it in youtube. I'm not mexicain, I'm brazilian :), but I can speak spanish.

Edited by ninaanin
  • Like 8

Two more random comments:

1)     HK & JE first met and married when they were very young.  Without seeing how they were changing, they arrived at the ugly end of their marriage, as we saw!  Now 4 years later separated and free of turmoil as a couple --- they meet again, "older and wiser" we hope?   Surely, as intelligent as they are, each of them has matured through their experience of life during those years!   Seems that way, doesn't it?   Both nearly 40 years old now.

2)     I have a feeling that something in the conversations between HK & SR in the bathroom (at the Family Mtg dinner)--- about destiny/Fatality/Fate?  And the "pillow talk" r/t the "ex-wife" trying to force SR to change her mind and heart  about JE when only her one-sided love was happening at that time .  Somewhere in there I think I see a hint at a future "rehabilitation" of SR.    A point somewhere in the distant future where SR gets her act together and moves on !   So philosophical in revealing SR's perception of what was actually happening back then! 

She is very smart. Combining all this with some of the things SR, MH, and JE have said to her, maybe SR is subconsciously  beginning to understand and to accept reality of her relationship with JE.   I just found her observations to stand out as very odd in her conversations with HK!      :huh:     

EDIT:.... @irilight,   WOW...Thank you!  That's the very bathroom scene I was referring to... what a coincidence!                      

Edited by mdj101
  • Like 10

Guest airgelaal

She is very smart. Combining all this with some of the things SR, MH, and JE have said to her, maybe SR is subconsciously  beginning to understand and to accept reality of her relationship with JE.   I just found her observations to stand out as very odd in her conversations with HK!      

:huh:

Yes, she understands. That is why she won't leave him ever. When you loved someone or still love sooner or later you will send him free. Because you want him to be happy. That is why HK divorced. In the name of that love, that they had. But SR had nothing. Even her love is not love, but obsession. It's ok for her to make him suffer. I guess, she even can't see that he is suffering now.
I hope I'll be wrong. But from every new episode I can see less chances, that SR somehow will change her mind.

Random thought of the day.

You know he is not that into you:

1) your going out for 4 years and he let you use your name on his research paper but not on a marriage certficate

2) Gives you career advice to not be like his ex-wife

3) You need to lie about ex-wife death.

4) You trick to come an engagement part by telling he going to dinner with his wife look a like

5) Tells everyone at your engagement dinner that we was tricked  into coming and loves his wife

You know she not that into you:

More affection is shown to your female siblings than you

She look uncomfortable every time you imply she you girlfriend

You sense every time you pop the question she not only is saying no but hell no.

She meets a man and your jealous because  they have  the chemistry  in few days you do not have after 4 years.

She finally put on an act to avoid falling for the other guy.

However in BSC mode of SR and BS the above means they deeply love you and the other party is ruining your relationship. 

• Like 12

................. he liked S...........

Again, I could be wrong, but JE touched SR first by following her when she was doing her work and saw her hair getting in her face. He then took her hair and pinned it back with paper/binder clips. He also took her face in his hands as if she was a small child to encourage her to continue her studies--she wasn't a child; she was a grown woman. There is a scene when he was leaving his daughter's grave, he received a text from SR and was a little hesitant about reading it, but did and it was pictures. JE is a grown man and he knew this young woman liked him.

She touched his hand in the elevator (he had already touched her first, umbrella, shoes, etc) and he turned it into kissing, showed loving care for her by giving her his shoes and getting pee'd off when HK bought SR shoes of her own, he's the one that was lying to his wife about being in the lab when he was spending the night in SR's place (she had to work that night), he's the one that when seeing her tipsy-- gave her a piggyback ride, he's the one that turned their relationship into having sex, he's the one that went to SR's job and proclaimed in front co-workers and customers that he chose her, he's the one that hurt his wife so bad that she tried to commit suicide, he's the one that after she tried to commit suicide still chose SR and automatically believed before the explosion that HK and sent the pictures of him and SR. JE thought the absolute worst of HK. He is also the one that chose to study overseas with SR and leave the country.

To me, I will always see him in a worse light than SR when it comes to the affair.

@Katrina Abdul Talib, I love your comment above mine.

Actually, it was Hae-gang who was calling Jin-eon (after the suicide incident outside the court building) while he was at their daughter's columbarium.

Also, it was Hae-gang who first saw the pictures of Jin-eon sent by Seol-ri, which she later confronted him about, making him aware of Seol-ri's feelings for him.

Actually, It was SR who texted JE pictures as he was leaving his daughter's columbarium, episode 1, 37:30 minutes. She also texted pictures later which HK saw 58:15 minutes.

• Like 7

................. he liked S...........

Again, I could be wrong, but JE touched SR first by following her when she was doing her work and saw her hair getting in her face. He then took her hair and pinned it back with paper/binder clips. He also took her face in his hands as if she was a small child to encourage her to continue her studies--she wasn't a child; she was a grown woman. There is a scene when he was leaving his daughter's grave, he received a text from SR and was a little hesitant about reading it, but did and it was pictures. JE is a grown man and he knew this young woman liked him.

She touched his hand in the elevator (he had already touched her first, umbrella, shoes, etc) and he turned it into kissing, showed loving care for her by giving her his shoes and getting pee'd off when HK bought SR shoes of her own, he's the one that was lying to his wife about being in the lab when he was spending the night in SR's place (she had to work that night), he's the one that when seeing her tipsy-- gave her a piggyback ride, he's the one that turned their relationship into having sex, he's the one that went to SR's job and proclaimed in front co-workers and customers that he chose her, he's the one that hurt his wife so bad that she tried to commit suicide, he's the one that after she tried to commit suicide still chose SR and automatically believed before the explosion that HK and sent the pictures of him and SR. JE thought the absolute worst of HK. He is also the one that chose to study overseas with SR and leave the country.

To me, I will always see him in a worse light than SR when it comes to the affair.

@Katrina Abdul Talib, I love your comment above mine.

Actually, it was Hae-gang who was calling Jin-eon (after the suicide incident outside the court building) while he was at their daughter's columbarium.

Also, it was Hae-gang who first saw the pictures of Jin-eon sent by Seol-ri, which she later confronted him about, making him aware of Seol-ri's feelings for him.

Actually, It was SR who texted JE pictures as he was leaving his daughter's columbarium, episode 1, 37:30 minutes. She also texted pictures later which HK saw 58:15 minutes.

Thanks for the elaborate reply...

We seem to have been referring to different pictures...

Anyway, he was taken abashed upon hearing about Seol-ri's feelings for him. And from that point onward his behaviour changed; he got shier, more distracted, yet curious about her, 

• Like 7

I went back to the columbarium scene and there is a plaque there that says 8.8.2007 to 6.13.2010.  The divorce papers say 8.11.2011, I believe. If this is correct, JE was planning on serving HK divorce papers around the one year anniversary of Choi Eun Sol's death.

• Like 8

Thanks @chubbychub1966 for the pics. It is heartbreaking to see the scene. 

As predicted, JE will distance himself from YK 2.  He said to BS, "If it is YK, I have no interest in her."  He would try to stay away from YK2 since he lost his confidence that YK2 was his wife.  I must provide a box of tissues or a bucket next to me tomorrow!

It's time to check the moles/beauty marks, I guess. 

Edited by deandraluv
  • Like 12

He was so confident that YK2 was his wife. He even said, even though others say she not and  even if YK2 says she not but I know she is my wife. What happened to that confidence?!?!?! YK2 you need to show that dot on your butt like RIGHT NOW :w00t:

Thanks @chubbychub1966 for the pics. It is heartbreaking to see this scene. 

As predicted, JE will distance himself from YK 2.  He said to BS, "If it is YK, I have no interest in her."  He would try to stay away from YK2 since he lost his confidence that YK2 is his wife.  I must provide a box of tissue next to me tomorrow!

• Like 11

Many of us mentioned many times that SR start her game only after she saw divorce papers. But wait a minute. What normal girl would send such pictures to her professor? It's even not important if he was married or not. That is why I think, she wouldn't stop until she get him even if he had happy marriage.

She become more bold on showing her likeness to JE when she saw the divorce paper.

• Like 7

He was so confident that YK2 was his wife. He even said, even though others say she not and  even if YK2 says she not but I know she is my wife. What happened to that confidence?!?!?! YK2 you need to show that dot on your butt like RIGHT NOW :w00t:

As predicted, JE will distance himself from YK 2.  He said to BS, "If it is YK, I have no interest in her."  He would try to stay away from YK2 since he lost his confidence that YK2 is his wife.  I must provide a box of tissue next to me tomorrow!

I alway's enjoy reading you'r comment and also JADECLOUD they are alway's insightful and funny.

• Like 8

운명 unmyeong vs 숙명 sugmyeong

The restroom convo between SR and YK2... another example of the inadequacy of translation, esp. in translating hangul to english. But by no means an intent to downplay Viki engsubs and play up TSKS csubs. It's just for reference purposes. Every subbing team is awesome and without them, kdramas are not the same. In this example, it seems translation from hangul to chinese is clearer and concisely 'interprets' the meaning writernim Bae meant to convey.

Let's take a closer look at what SR said to YK2 in the restroom...

dG53O4p.jpg

X46stt3.jpg

To spotlight what SR said.

First, she said 운명 unmyeong meaning fate/destiny -> engsub = destiny(above 1st screencap) whereas in csubs = 命运 (mingyun).

Next, she went on to say 숙명 sugmyeong meaning fate/fatality/doom -> engsub = fate(above 2nd screencap) whereas in csubs = 宿命 (suming) meaning fate but also connotes a negative sense as in fatality/doom. 

Just for fun, in chinese, the term 宿命论者 (suming lunzhe) is a fatalist. Aptly describes a person like SR.

I'm beginning to think it's a foreshadow of things (bad and fatal) to come for SR, an ominous eventuality for her. (If so, writernim, please don't make SR take HK or YK with her to that bad end. The twins must have their happiness, together!) 

Perhaps 'fate' is a web of one's own weaving? How often have we heard this "your fate is in your hands". LOVERS, is it?

CR: Screencaps SBS/Viki

Edited by jadecloud
Add credits
  • Like 11

LOL where is the LOL button when we need it? Like RIGHT NOW! :lol:

I think once his grief and shock has settled, JE will put his thinking cap back on and start to investigate.

EDIT: @Trust71

aww...thank you . You TOO! :) 

Edited by jadecloud
  • Like 10

Guest my2centsworth

@mytwocentsworth  First, let me say don't trust me because I always get kdrama wrong.  That being said I like JE's father.  Whatever happened 30 years ago he's never gotten a good nights sleep since.  He seems to have a conscience, loyalty and respect.  By loyalty I refer to his not so smart wife (maybe careless is a better word).  He didn't discard her when she embarrases her, rather he corrects her and gives her an action plan (read more).   He showed respect to HK's mom telling his wife not to abuse her by calling her to the home for massages.  He gave her the credit card when he found out she lost her business and home.   He also seemed to adore HK and truly mourn her. His past misdeeds leave him open to blackmail.   His wrongdoings will be uncovered.  He looks weak and  frail so he'll probably apologize on his death bed. I think all the characters are gray and struggle with greed and it's consequences. 

Also, I think he's always known about the twins.  That's a secret they seem to share.  Can't wait to see Hk's mom's reaction to JE's dad's greed.  How our misdeeds effect not just those in the present but future generations.  Had JE's dad not focused so much on his greed would JR and JE have been different people?  Would YK and HK have been together?  

Your heart is much bigger than mine when it comes to the character, JE's father. All his secrets will soon be revealed and we will get to see if JE's father takes responsibility or not.

Guest my2centsworth

ANDY78 have tried several times to edit and remove comment I put under photos of YK and her daughter. Can not get it to work. So sorry about this. Can you help? Last thing I want to do it cause a problem for this forum.

@my2centsworth ~ there should be an edit button in every post that you make. if you click on the edit button, then you can re-edit your post. just delete the photo that way... if it doesn't work, it is okay as it might be a server issue.... you can just follow the rules going henceforth. :) the reason we don't re-quote pictures is because it causes bandwidth issues in the server or something. so if you want to comment on the pics, just remove it from within the old quote and paste it into the new window (like when you reply to a post, the old stuff is under a grey line but your new post is full left aligned)...

Thank you for much. I didn't post the pics but thought they were cute wearing matching coats. Had no idea the problem I caused. I pushed the eidt button several times last night and today and it will not work, so I going to hope this doesn't become a bigger problem for this forum. Would hate for this to happen. And now I have a sign posted on my computer desk to remind me not to do this again. But the pics were so cute.....lol and looking forward to seeing the real YK coming back. This drama gets better and better.

Guest my2centsworth

Thanks @chubbychub1966 for the pics. It is heartbreaking to see the scene. 

As predicted, JE will distance himself from YK 2.  He said to BS, "If it is YK, I have no interest in her."  He would try to stay away from YK2 since he lost his confidence that YK2 was his wife.  I must provide a box of tissues or a bucket next to me tomorrow!

I don't think JE will distance himself from HK/YK2. Once he gets over his grief and starts remembering the beauty marks, her allergy to lobster, the cute way she twirls her pen when she is reading, etc. he will know! HK and JE have a special connection, soul mates and sooner or later their hearts will know what they mean to each other.