Ye Qingbin

Qiu Xinzhi

Zhang Xinyu

Chai Biyun

Vincent Jiao Enjun

Gong Mi

Zhang Junning.

Synopsis:

The leader of the Divine Knife sect, Bai Tian Yu, was mysteriously ambushed and killed in the border town Plum Nunnery. Twenty years later, Fu Hong Xue, leaves the western regions and returned to the central plains (China) in order to investigate his adopted father’s death. At the same time, Bai Tian Yu and Hua Bai Feng’s biological son, Ye Kai, also left for the border town. The two find that it was Bai Tian Yu’s sworn brother, Ma Kong Qun, who organized the assassination. As luck would have it, Ma Kong Qun’s beautiful daughter, Ma Su Ling falls for Fu Hong Xue, while Ye Kai falls for her…together, they will face Ma Kong Qun.

Border Town Prodigal 新邊城浪子 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Border Town Prodigal 新邊城浪子 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Border Town Prodigal 边城浪子 Raw Episodes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope someone is watching this drama. It is pretty good. The cast performs well. The setting and the feel of the drama is right. The customs is beautiful. Highly recommend! Cui Nong is probably my favorite character and her shifu, too. If you watch the drama you will know why. Chai Bi Yu's performance as Cui Nong is very well and she is pretty. I don't know if I'm wrong but I think Zhang Xinyu's performance is weaker than Chai Bi Yu in this series. They both pretty but I think Cui Nong is more attractive to me than MFL. I don't get why some posts just focus on FHX and MFL as pair while not mentioning FHX and Cui Nong. Sigh... The soundtrack is great! btw. 

阿云嘎 - 边城月 (Opening theme song)

张含韵 - 边城浪子 

胡莎莎 - 迷心局 (Ending theme song)

Enjoy! ^ ^  

Spoiler

I hope Cui Nong will accept HHY - her shifu because he really loves her and will not hurt her. :( I feel bad for him. It is not that I don't like FHX but I just don't know who he loves more between these 2 girls. It is probably better for Cui Nong to be with HHY.

12 hours ago, Takimo said:

im watching it but dam it take years for the english sub to be relase on viki

Really? I thought I saw on YouTube there are up to date English sub episodes. Let's me check again. But yah even tho I understand a bit of Chinese and watch it in Chinese, having to wait til every Monday is pretty uncomfortable. T_T I just want to see want to know the ending already. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This one popped up on YT in my recommended list. Surprise, surprise, I actually liked it. Despite the criticisms I'd read about it elsewhere, I binged watched the first 15 episodes yesterday with and some more this morning. Sadly only half the series is subbed but it doesn't affect me too much.

I rather like this Fu Hong Xue. Yes, he's stony-faced as he's meant to be and yet one catches the odd glimpse of his humanity, or flickers of his innate goodness. I'm rather taken by the actor Zhu Yi Long who brings an anime-like quality to the role. The women have a fair bit of get up and go and even if they are in a bit of a love triangle, they're reasonably supportive of each other. It helps that Fu Hong Xue is reasonably clear about who he loves... and the fact that one woman wants to save him and the other wants to kill him clarifies things considerably. :D

There are moments where one feels the drag but most of the dialogue feels to me at least to be somewhat important to the plot. There's no clowning around just for the sake of it. 

The fatalism can get a bit much in this show with the older generation trying to manipulate the youngsters one way or another to do their bidding. Sometimes I wonder if C-dramas have tragic endings just for the sake of having them.

• 1 year later...

Dug out this drama after mesmerized by Zhu Yi Long in Guardian. Lucky me, I found that this drama was translated into my native language. It is rather unfortunate to people that needs english sub though, there is only few episodes subbed into english.

The idea of the story is very good, even though I got rather annoyed by the string of miss-understanding between the main couple. Not to mention the parents just make the couple suffer more. Fu Hong Xue character is very tragic. I like it when he finally soften to Ma Fang Ling and smile to her occasionally ..... Outside he is distant and cold man, but I see he is kind and naive person. Too bad until the end he cannot get the simple life he wants because he is too powerful to be left alone. The ending is devastating but after watching strings of Chinese drama with bad ending these months, seems I am quite immune to depressing disappointment .....

• 4 months later...

Many people criticized Fu Hong Xue for his vagueness of attitude toward the two females. But this is because the story is like that, the plot is like that. The actor did well within the plot. The one who loves him deeply tried to kill him many times, the one whom he wanted to take revenge on loved and helped him to survive. I don't like this drama but I like this Fu Hong Xue :)

• 11 months later...

I watched it, after I watched Guardian, coz I want to see more of Zhu Yilong. 

But I stop at eps 23, I can't see him get hurt mentally physically like that. Plus, his character keep things/problems by himself. I just want his character to be happy lol.

But I love his acting here. It's so convincing that makes me frustrated.hmm...

Too bad the plot is not that happy, and it has sad ending too. 

And I'm not familiar with Chinese drama. So for me, there are smth lack here and there, like the frustrating plot (or maybe just follow the novel?), edited fighting scenes that I think it's not smooth, or other scenes I think they talk too much and explain the story like story teller, instead of act it .

But I have no problems with their acting. And there are beautiful scenery even if it's desert lol

Archived