[Drama 2015] The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law aka Virtual Bride 별난 며느리

irilight

about_3.jpg

Drama: The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law aka The Virtual Bride (Previously - Taming Mother-in-Law)
Hangul: 별난 며느리
Genre: Family, Comedy
Episodes: 12
Network: KBS2
Director: Lee Deok-geon; Park Man-yeong
Writer: Moon Seon-hee; , Yoo Nam-kyeong
Release Date: 08-17-2015
Runtime: Mon, Tue 22:00
                                            (previously occupied by I Remember You)

(Followed by Descended from the Sun)

In-Young (Dasom) is a former idol. She belonged to a popular 4 member girl group, but, now, she isn't very popular anymore. To regain her popularity, In-Young appears on the TV show "Experience of Daughter-in-Law From The Eldest Son's Family." While filming for the TV show, she meets her scripted mother-in-law Yang Choon-Ja. They hate each other on the show, but, in real life, they become real mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.  Asianwiki

Cast

Eccentric%20Daughter%20in%20Law-2_zps6cb

Cast

Main Cast

Lead Characters

Oh Inyeong (cast Kim Dasom)
  1439430186_cast02_1.jpg
 Girl group Ruby's member.

Inyeong is a has-been pop singer of four-member group, Ruby.
Her fancy makeup and unique fashion style give a strong impression,
but she is a sentimental, faithful and lonely girl.

She used to be a top singer, but now the group's fate seems to be at risk.

One day, Junsu, a CEO of her agency suggest her appear on "The Daughter-in-law Experience" variety show. She knows this is her last chance, so she decides to join the show as a fake daughter-in-law unwillingly. She never knows this show will change her destiny.

Yang Chunja (cast Ko Dushim)

1439430206_cast01_1.jpg  The 25th daughter-in-law of Icheon Cha's head family.

A master of the head family who learned skills from her mother-in-law.
To maintain her dignity, she tries hard to be elegant, but her low level of education is a major obstacle.
Her short-temper makes her act before think and she also talks rough.
After her tough mother-in-law passed away, Chunja's food gains publicity and starts to make a decent living.
However, she still cannot take a rest because of her children.

Her smart eldest son, a university professor, doesn't seem to be interested in getting married, her daughter struggles with her mother-and the youngest son is looked down on by his wife after his business failed.

Cha Myeongseok (cast Rhy Suyoung) 

1439430260_cast03_1.jpg

Yang Chunja's eldest son.

Myeongseok is an assistant professor of mathematics.
This inflexible man’s only concern is mathematics, so he is clumsy with any other works in his real life.
Well.. his good-looking made him popular among the female university students. Yet, no woman could stand his family and mathematics-only talk.
Having a single-track mind, he looks so conservative and inflexible,
he has a pure charm and warm-hearted.  

Others

Cameo Appearance

Alice from Hello Venus Girl Group 

***All names are links to artists' previous work or other info about them.***

Sources:  AsianWiki      Hancinema    DramaWiki

Posters

Embedded image permalink

photo622821.jpg

cast.jpg

cheer_event.jpg

Trailers/ Teasers

Character Chart

Embedded image permalink

OST:

Where to Watch:  Viki  DramaFever

Official Site:  http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/byulnan/index.html/

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

welcome.gif

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KBS lines up next Mon-Tues comedy drama Taming Mother-in-Law

KBS has announced the drama to follow I Remember You, which in the span of several hours went from the provocatively titled Killing Mother-in-Law to the more toned-downTaming Mother-in-Law. Given that it’s not actually about any killing, that’s probably a good thing.

Read more on Dramabeans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryu Soo-young, Dasom to headline KBS comedy Taming Mother-in-Law

taming1.jpg

Read more on Dramabeans

SISTAR’s Dasom joins the cast of upcoming drama “Taming Mother-In-Law” as female lead

SIStAR_Dasom

SISTAR member Dasom lands a leading role in the upcoming KBS 2TV drama Taming Mother-In-Law (tentative title)!

Dasom will play the role of In Young, a former idol that belonged to a popular four-member girl group. However, she loses her popularity and attempts to regain it by appearing on a scripted television show as a daughter-in-law. Her onscreen mother-in-law is Yang Choon Ja, and the two hate each other on the show but in real life, they are actually daughter-in-law and mother-in-law.

The drama is scheduled to air in August.

Source

From Dasom, Ko Doo-sim to Ryoo Soo-yeong... the KBS' "The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law" dream team is complete

20150724_1437695439_44570700_1_99_201507

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama "The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law" has finalized its star studded cast lineup.

According to various network insiders on the 24th, "The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law" (Script by Moon Seon-hee and Yoo Nam-kyeong, directed by Lee Deok-geon and Park Man-yeong, produced by RaemongRaein) has finalized its cast and had a script reading session on the 23rd. "The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law" is a home comedy portraying the duel between Oh In-yeong (Dasom), a KPOP group star who is appearing on a variety show of the same title as the drama, and Yang Choon-ja (Ko Doo-sim), the matriarch of a respected old family and a master of sauce who is cast as the fake mother-in-law.

The drama is expected to portray the real meaning of family through the conflict and reconciliation happening amongst the various shenanigans between in-laws that range from entertaining to dramatic.

Initially, the casting of Dasom garnered the public's interest who first came to the public's attention as "the acting-dol" on KBS1's "Love Rides the Song" (2013). The show is generating interest because of expected 'in-law' chemistry between 'bouncy' charming Dasom and 'national mother' Ko Doo-sim.

In the male roles, the casting of Ryoo Soo-yeong and Ki Tae-yeong have been finalized. Ryoo Soo-yeong will be playing an assistant professor in mathematic department and is expected to develop a 'love line' with Dasom's character. Ki Tae-yeong will be playing Yang Choon-ja's son-in-law.

In addition, the casting of Baek Ok-dam famous as "Im Seong-han's niece" is garnering interest. As the first time starring in a drama not written by Im Seong-han, whether her acting talent will shine through is of wide spread interest.  

The drama added actors such as Son Eun-seo, Kim Yoon-seo, Kim Bo-yeon, and Kwak Hee-seong to round up an overall solid cast lineup. KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama "The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law" is expected to start airing in August in the time slot currently occupied by "Remember You".

Source: http://tr.im/38B1j

20150724_1437695452_98673300_1_99_201507

Source

‘Lovey-dovey’ Yoo Jin & Gi Tae-Yeong, comes back to KBS drama in August

15105_1.jpg

Yoo Jin and Gi Tae-Yeong are coming back to the same broadcasting company on the same time.

Yoo Jin will come back to KBS 2TV Weekend drama ‘Please, Mom’, which will be broadcasted from August 15th, and Gi Tae-Yeong is meeting KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Strange Daughter-in-Law’.

The reason she came back in 4 months since giving birth to her baby is her relationship with the production crew. The director of ‘Loving You’, who taught girl group SES’s member Yoo Jin to act, was Park Gun-Joon PD of ‘Please, Mom’. As they are meeting as leading actress and director again in 13 years, their work draws attention.

Gi Tae-Yeong decided on his next work in 7 months since MBC daily drama ‘Tell Me Your Wish’. In ‘Strange Daughter-in-Law’, Gi Tae-Yeong took the representative of idol singer Oh In-Yeong (played by Da-Som)’s agency.

Meantime, Yoo Jin and Gi Tae-Yeong became couples through MBC drama ‘Finding Love’, and gave birth to daughter in last April.

Source

Dear  @Felicia Soh  chingu.. So glad you are planning   to watch it as well   :)

Yes, I am excited about the cast as well.      

I noticed that KBSW has posted that it will come to KBSW 8/24, so most likely I'll wait to watch it there.

I already left them a comment asking them to download the episodes on YT.

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/programs_intro.html?no=945

@irilight,  Thanks for starting this thread,

@felicia-soh,  Hi how are you hope to have you joining us here.. 

@jadecloud,  This drama sounds like it's going to be a blast..

I love the actors and actresses we even have JJM sister in this drama and bandit from AMS I will have to get my other daily gang here even though this drama has only 12 episodes but I can live with it..  This drama should be fun watching how these two go at it hopefully our DIL is a no nonsense kind of girl that give back as mush as she takes..

This is also another synopsis I found on this drama

Old Boy lived in captivity for 15 years and so did Rapunzel for 18 years in a castle.
Yet, the most frightening castle is Mother's Castle.

One day, some women are trying to invade this impregnable castle. 
They are daughter-in-laws!

Will these brave daughter-in-laws survive in the mother’s castle defeating this formidable enemy, mother-in-law?

@valsava good morning my friend... So happy you are in... Yes.. we have here JJM's sister, and even BSB's sister.  :)

I am always so happy to watch another productions with GDS, and I am thrilled with the 3 leads and happy to see KTY again, since it's been so long since "Scandal."

I love that description that KBSW gives... so imaginative... !

@jadecloud, @gerryg, welcome to the thread, chingus...

Well, this news we already know, but it is nice that Dramabeans writes about this drama

SohnEunSeo1_zpsvwfo5ccv.jpg

• KBS’s upcoming fall show has undergone yet another name change; first called Killing Mother-in-Law, then Taming Mother-in-Law, the drama’s now called The Odd Daughter-in-Law. So the early titles were disrespectful but what’s with turning it around on the daughter-in-law and calling her peculiar? Hrmph! Although I wouldn’t feel comfortable being discourteous towards Go Doo-shim (High Society), who plays the lead MIL, either. Sohn Eun-seo (Twinkle Twinkle My Heart) has been added to the cast and she will play Go’s daughter (and sister-in-law to Dasom). The family comedy follows I Remember You in August. [Asia E, Chosun]

Well, this news we already know, but it is nice that Dramabeans writes about this drama

• KBS’s upcoming fall show has undergone yet another name change; first called Killing Mother-in-Law, then Taming Mother-in-Law, the drama’s now called The Odd Daughter-in-Law. So the early titles were disrespectful but what’s with turning it around on the daughter-in-law and calling her peculiar? Hrmph! Although I wouldn’t feel comfortable being discourteous towards Go Doo-shim (High Society), who plays the lead MIL, either. Sohn Eun-seo (Twinkle Twinkle My Heart) has been added to the cast and she will play Go’s daughter (and sister-in-law to Dasom). The family comedy follows I Remember You in August. [Asia E, Chosun]

Another name change I like taming the MIL better it gives more understanding to the drama then eccentric DIL what makes her weird because she's not submissive to her MIL antics or let her walk all over her I hope she's a DIL you slap me I'll slap you back no need to use violence when you have a mouth a to speak but as we all know Kdrama mom don't ask question they hit first or either throw money at you, I never get why they don't understand why settle for peanuts when you can have the whole peanut farm just stupid..   

@valsava, from the bit I read, it sounded (and I may be wrong) that they will have their "public characters" for the show, in which they are "fighting" but on personal level at home they get along.   We shall see. To be honest, I don't remember having seen Go Doo-Shim in a rom-com. Have you?

@valsava, from the bit I read, it sounded (and I may be wrong) that they will have their "public characters" for the show, in which they are "fighting" but on personal level at home they get along.   We shall see. To be honest, I don't remember having seen Go Doo-Shim in a rom-com. Have you?

@irilight Now that you mention it I don't think I have seen her in a rom-com

Hi everyone.....waving to @irilight and @valsava! I am planning to join you guys in this drama - love that it's a 12 episode format, like J-drama. Can't wait for the casts to thrill us with some fun-filled comedic ride in this drama plus variety theme based on MIL/DIL. Like @valsava, I prefer the title as in "TMIL" rather than "EDIL". Anyway, who knows how it'll turn out when we switch on in KBSW.  I like the idea that KBSW has made changes on the timing of episodes which is only 2 episodes behind from Korea airing time. 

Thanks @irlight and everyone here for all the awesome posts.

Archived