[Drama 2015-2016] My Daughter Geum Sa-wol 내 딸, 금사월

joy17

I don't want to see OW and her NO GOOD FOR NOTHING husband back together, that jackazz stole OW money left her and kids, then started running around town trying to dig his stinking claws in CB sister. but I'm so glad it didn't go that far with his lying behind faking of being SH the prosecutor. I hope the writer let OW have a happy ending, and can't speak for the rest who I don't have any words for especially SW ( eyes rolling and can't stop) :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratings for all dramas yesterday. Sunday's ratings aren't updated yet.

Saturday, Feb. 20

Five Kids 24.6%

Jang Young-shil 11.0%

Mom 21.4%

My Daughter Geum Sa-wol 33.0%

I Have a Lover 6.8%

Yes, That’s How It Is 5.4%

Madam Antoine 0.516%

Signal 9.195%

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-15-21-2016/

23 hours ago, noyha29 said:

@Lunkera you are correct that HS reaction is priceless.  However, I don't think SW is one of the worst.  Granted the writer did terrible script writing for her but you can also blame on the actress a bit to make it better.  Just my two cents on the matter.

I rarely participate in discussions on soompi nowadays, but I'd like to offer my thoughts on this matter. So if it's a little long, please humour me. 

As s Baek Jin Hee fan, who's seen most of her dramas and films, it's a little frustrating to read such comments (and not only on soompi). Even knetz are blaming the horribleness of the character on BJH's lacklustre acting ability. but i'd like to say, she's not incapable of portraying her character's emotions and thoughts. How can she make it better? the only way to make GSW better is to completely change the script, and we all know BJH has no authority to do so. I guess one can say I'm just biased since I already claim I'm a fan. but really, how else can she make it better? She's so limited with the given script. It really makes me scratch her head why she and her agency gave up Six Flying Dragons to be on here. Ugh, the pairing of BJH and Yoo Ah In got me so excited! (then again, having a hit weekender might propel someone to new heights). I'm just hoping that she gain the traction that Oh Yeon Seo got after Jang Bori.

Lastly, I came across an interview of OYS after Jang Bori.

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=14917

I think it's quite interesting what she said here, and it's so telling how this scriptwriter works. Maybe I'm over-analyzing it for my own convenience, but I feel that OYS offered a little behind-the-scenes to how she, as a titular character, felt losing to MinJung's popularity. Again, I say, this is the scriptwriter's way of boosting her drama. It feels that Kim Soon Ok has a certain dislike towards her work's titular characters.

Lastly, I hope BJH never works with this scriptwriter again!

@uruchai People tend to criticize the actors/actresses when they have no power over their character which are mostly the fault of the writer. Although there is sometimes when the actors are bad. I dislike BJH's character but i have nothing against the actress. Also about Knetz criticizing the actress is because most of them are crazy...

I won't watch anymore drama by this writer, luckily there is only 1 week left.

22 minutes ago, uruchai said:

I rarely participate in discussions on soompi nowadays, but I'd like to offer my thoughts on this matter. So if it's a little long, please humour the villiame. 

As s Baek Jin Hee fan, who's seen most of her dramas and films, it's a little frustrating to read such comments (and not only on soompi). Even knetz are blaming the horribleness of the character on BJH's lacklustre acting ability. but i'd like to say, she's not incapable of portraying her character's emotions and thoughts. How can she make it better? the only way to make GSW better is to completely change the script, and we all know BJH has no authority to do so. I guess one can say I'm just biased since I already claim I'm a fan. but really, how else can she make it better? She's so limited with the given script. It really makes me scratch her head why she and her agency gave up Six Flying Dragons to be on here. Ugh, the pairing of BJH and Yoo Ah In got me so excited! (then again, having a hit weekender might propel someone to new heights). I'm just hoping that she gain the traction that Oh Yeon Seo got after Jang Bori.

Lastly, I came across an interview of OYS after Jang Bori.

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=14917

I think it's quite interesting what she said here, and it's so telling how this scriptwriter works. Maybe I'm over-analyzing it for my own convenience, but I feel that OYS offered a little behind-the-scenes to how she, as a titular character, felt losing to MinJung's popularity. Again, I say, this is the scriptwriter's way of boosting her drama. It feels that Kim Soon Ok has a certain dislike towards her work's titular characters.

Lastly, I hope BJH never works with this scriptwriter again!

It isn't that I dislike the actress.  She was good in other drama still there are actors/actress that can raise from terrible script.    There are movies and shows that is heavy criticized but love the way the actor/actress perform within them.     I am not putting it all on her or anyone else.  Why the writer made the secondary actors look better is beyond me.    Overall I am not criticizing acting but the story.  The writer could make it better.  Yes, I do hope that BJH or anyone else will try to avoid this scriptwriter, as it makes a person scratch their head on the script.

In terms today's episode:

I can see the same route as Jang Bo-ri where at the end of competition, the culprit is put in jail and later redeemed.  The more I think about, I feel that the writer is just changing names and reusing the similar story path.  (I am sure someone here already said it.:  Sorry I don't remember who.)

@Lunkera  Okay, thank you.  I knew someone prior to me once said it in the past.   

SH & HS scene:    She takes SH's information so that she can try to hold onto SH; therefore, she goes to register for marriage registry.  He ask what she is doing.  She said as you can see, I am putting up our marriage registry since you look busy.    He said didn't I told you to wait,  Se said she wanted to be officially married couple as soon as possible as she was thinking about SH when he was in interrogating room.  She said she doesn't need anything/anyone except SH.  But he responded when if why is she doing this even to the point of stealing is information.  She was getting nervous and crazy then says it is possible that SW's bio dad can rescind her adaptation (Boy does this sound almost line by line when MJ said similar or same thing from Jang bo-ri).   Although he understand (the face doesn't lie:  he doesn't really), Ow is her sister (in effect, I don't want you to interfere with my feelings for the crimes you committed: me reading into this.)

Recap:

1.SW fake married with CB so that DY and MH can get a divorce.. she told DY this is the best she can do to support her from the background. She said DY is the one who is most qualified to lead - not her. SW and CB separates. He says it's gonna happen sooner or later and when they hug he says why are they even born...

2. HS got released due to insufficient evidence. She complains to SH and also says she does feel she did something wrong - she shouldn't have let OW drive the car HERSELF to commit SUICIDE lol.... SH obviously knows what's up...

3. MH tells SW that he is getting a divorce and that he wants her help in rebuilding CBG. Side note, SH brought back a panel with algae that was given by the chairman 25 years ago - i think this will be the key..

4. So now it is SW+MH vs CB + MH. The chairman gave them a video question for selecting the rightful people. The question is "what is the most important material for building CBG so that it can still stand after a thousand years"...

5. At the trial,SH presents the evidence of SR confessing HS paid him to be quiet after the the construction site incident but it was knocked down being illegal evidence. Then they tried to show the tape of HS locking the door but it was knocked down because it doesn't show who's on the other side. SH and SW try to build the case around the fact that HS is trying to hide her secret so that's why she let OW die because if OW is alive she's basically a ticking time bomb. Attorney counters it is purely speculation which the judge agrees. SH then asks HS the reason she didn't "help OW when she's extending her hand out in the burning car" because she wanted to "save her life/marriage" HS keeps denying. Then HS's side brought in false witnesses accusing OW of driving the car and HS actually yelling for help but the car blew up before she could get any....Fed up, SH pleads with Judge for last minute witness which he agrees then walks in OW.

I will agree with all that an actor can't make a bad script good, but how a character is portrayed is down to the actor. BJH is a popular and likable actress I don't think that's the same as being a good one. Some actors have the ability to make audiences love them regardless of their ability as an actor. The same could be said about the actor portraying HS, who we love to hate, I'm not so sure that it is the actors performance as much as it's the character. Of the three girls OW's character is the one that is performance worthy to me.

I'm confused by the trial , what is HS being accused of?  Leaving the scene of an accident? Not reporting the accident? Negligent driving ? Attempted murder? This has been such a god awful drama that it has amazed me that I stuck with it till the end. I wonder if I will even bother to watch all the episodes that are not completely subbed later.

Just like SW and CB does that mean that HS and SH are not legally married since it was never registered? 

"My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol" Song Ha-yoon becomes rich

photo691813.jpg

Song Ha-yoon changed her style.

On the episode of the MBC drama "My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol", Hong-do (Song Ha-yoon) changed her style after meeting her father Ki-hwang (Ahn Nae-sang).

Ma-ri (Kim Hee-jeong) and Gook-ja (Park Won-sook) were told by Man-hoo (Son Chang-min) to make a connection with Hong-do because she was Ki-hwang's daughter. They went to Mi-rang (Kim Ji-yeong) and Woo-rang's (Lee Tae-woo) school.

Hong-do was taking Mi-rang and Woo-rang home when Ma-ri and Gook-ja saw her. They stepped out in front of her car. Later, Hong-do was seen making a transformation of herself at the salon and clothing stores while Ma-ri and Gook-ja followed her around.

ss1.jpg

Osen- Naver: 'My Daughter Geum Sa Wol' Baek Jin Hee takes Jeon In Hwa's side... 'Breaks up' with Yoon Hyun Min 

1. [+5,905, -79] Either the writer has been reading the comments or netizens are detectives in disguise ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can't believe she's been acting all this time ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ A shift in her character in that short amount of time

2. [+5,067, -69] It's ending next week but Sa Wol went from cancer mode to what her character is ideally supposed to be likeㅋㅋㅋ Has the writer been reading our comments? We actually knocked some sense into herㅋㅋ

3. [+4,376, -52] My Daughter Jekyll and Hyde

4. [+2,865, -44]ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Talk about random

5. [+2,415, -85]  Writer has sobered up at last

6. [+922, -9] Pretty sure the writer has been reading our comments ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Am Sa Wol's character is finally making sense a bit but Am Chan Bin is as stubborn as ever ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+833, -12] This damn makjang of a dramaㅋㅋㅋㅋ My Daughter the Spy

8. [+803, -15] My ideal ending: Kang Man Hoo gets completely ruined, Oh Hye Sang serves time in prison, Kang Chan Bin and Geum Sa Wol not getting back together, Geum Sa Wol and Jo Se Hoon fall in love and she becomes Woo Rang and Mi Rang's aunt. Deuk Ye and Ahn Nae Sang live their harmonious lives as in-laws

9. [+744, -12] The writer's been lurking in the comment sections apparently

md.jpg

Xports News - Naver: Song Ha Yoon shows up at Park Se Young's trial 

1. [+5,234, -141] Woah Oh Wol's freaking pretty

2. [+4,424, -101] I thought Geum Sa Wol was shooting Kill Me Heal Me. She doesn't even have multiple personalities but her mind is all over the place. My favorite parts are the Jo Family's scenes. Oh Wol's super pretty

3. [+3,336, -74] Han Se Gyu is playing Oh Hye Sang's lawyerㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Will he lose the case in this drama too?

4. [+2,747, -45] Han Se Gyu's playing a lawyer here???? Birds of the same feather, flock together indeed

5. [+2,346, -96] Seriously, look how stunning Song Ha Yoon isㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+675, -15] Signal's Han Se Gyu is a lawyer in this drama ㅋㄱㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ His winning rate is 0% so it looks like Hye Sang is going to jail ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

7. [+642, -13] I almost swore because I thought Oh Wol was gonna get kidnapped in the end

8. [+572, -29] Oh Wol's such a cider character,  she's so pretty to boot!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Secretary Jo is super funny too

I would really like for MH mother and mistress be shipped in a crate/box somewhere that says (No Return To Sender) with their greedy money hungry looking azz's all up in OW's face because her father is wealthy/rich :rolleyes: I'll be glad when this OUT OF CONTROL DRAMA is completely over. And this weekend isn't coming any faster arghh!!

On February 22, 2016 at 8:55 PM, IBELIS said:

BJH is a popular and likable actress I don't think that's the same as being a good one. Some actors have the ability to make audiences love them regardless of their ability as an actor.

I agree with you completely when you said an actor's popularity does not necessarily reflect how good his/her acting is. As for BJH, she was not popular for no reason. She gained attention and popularity with her portrayal of Tanashiri from "Empress Ki," which is why some people like her and have high hopes for her.  Idk about others, but that shows that she have pretty good acting skills. Maybe she's only good at portraying bad characters who knows.. but her popularity definitely did not come out of nowhere. Even now, she's still quite underrated though. 

Archived