Yang Yang as Ruo Bai
Lin Xi Hao (林熙皓) as childhood Ruo Bai
Chen Xiang as Fang Ting Hao
Sheng Zi Hang (盛梓航) as childhood Ting Hao
Bai Jing Ting (白敬亭) as Yu Chu Yuan
Xiong Jing Yu (熊竞宇) as childhood Chu Yuan
Wu Lei as Hu Yi Feng

Synopsis:

A girl's pursuit for martial art glory and the friends she made along the way.

**Friendly Reminder** Please use the spoiler tags (without the spaces) for those who have not watched the drama yet. 

[ spoiler]type your spoilers here[/ spoiler]

Preview:

https://youtu.be/o_0BmKvBEyI

OSTs:

He Jie - Burning Youth

Chen Chu Sheng - That Distance

Additional Links:

The Whirlwind Girl 旋风少女 Raw Episodes

**Friendly Reminder** Please use the spoiler tags (without the spaces) for those who have not watched the drama yet. 

[ spoiler]type your spoilers here[/ spoiler]

2015071510270697ed5.jpg

(photo source: ent.163.com)

Episode 1 began with a fierce tournament bout between two young women. As they bowed to each other to begin the match, the fighter in the blue helmet noticed a hair-tie worn by the other and became angry. The match became brutal and ended with the fighter in the red helmet lying unconscious on the mat. Three young men in the crowd started running to help her. The remainder of episode 1 as well as episodes 2 thru 12 are flashbacks showing the events leading up to the match. The story catches up in Episode 13 which shows the entire match between the two young women.   

• 2 months later...

So I've only just made my way to this drama now...and was wondering how many volumes are there in total for the novel series?

EDIT: NEVER MIND ^.^ I found the last volume ahahhahaha
Does anyone know if / when there will be sequels, and if there will be, if the entire cast signed on again?

Edited by IMOmusings
  • Like 1

So I've only just made my way to this drama now...and was wondering how many volumes are there in total for the novel series?

Does anyone know if / when there will be sequels, and if there will be, if the entire cast signed on again?

At a press conference, an executive from Hunan TV said that he wants a season 2 and maybe a season 3 of Whirlwind Girl.

My teenage daughter, who is fluent in Mandarin, loved this drama.

Edited by jwand

At a press conference, an executive from Hunan TV said that he wants a season 2 and maybe a season 3 of Whirlwind Girl.

My teenage daughter, who is fluent in Mandarin, loved this drama.

Hmmmm...having a season 2 and 3 would be difficult if they base it purely off the novels...they would spend quite a bit of time in hospital...and a lot of sparring (which isn't all too interesting to be honest). Of course I wouldn't mind it because a sick Yang Yang just looks too adorable :wub:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Spoiler

In episode 10 I think , I was watching the scene were she was making the dough, then the guy who was helping , he touched her hand and then she dropped the dough and again he touch her hand again , the coincidence the song was playing from my phone was this part So touch me. So touch me. So touch me.from Pia Mia - Touch for the both touch and I am like what ??!

I don't think it is but anyway I said maybe

• 3 months later...

Hello! I definitely enjoyed season one of this show. I love martial arts themed dramas and this one hit the spot. It does help to have three cuties skilled in the art of fighting here too. However, I did enjoy watching her grow throughout the show.

Here are more thoughts and opinions from my first impression: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/the-whirlwind-girl-triple-kick/

Is season 2 still in the works with Korean actor, Ji Chang Wook? Is he supposed to take over Yang Yang's role, or someone completely different?

On 25/05/2016 at 3:54 AM, picadrama said:

Is season 2 still in the works with Korean actor, Ji Chang Wook? Is he supposed to take over Yang Yang's role, or someone completely different?

Yup filming is either in progress or should be wrapping up soon? Season 2 is meant to release in China's summer run of new dramas. I think broadcast rights are with Hunan Youth TV.

Ji Chang Wook replaces Yang Yang and Hu Bing Qing has been replaced too, not sure of the girl's name though. The other cast should all be recurring with a few new faces.

• 3 months later...

I know I'm very late to the game but I watched the drama and loved it! 

There are 4 volumes to the story right? Can anyone point me in the direction of volumes 2-4? I'd love to read them but I can only seem to find volume 1. :bawling:

Edit: Found them!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Ah at least i got some clarification. I was curious why Jichangwook will be in this drama when it was Yang Yang's picture. Apparently there is Season 1 and Season 2. :D

Definitely will download Season 1 then. Just discovered the new China actor, Yang Yang... haha... sorry Jiwook, love you in Healer but K2 was a bit off due to the Yoona? ... :D