Korean Man Accused of Getting Breast Implants to Avoid Military Duty

A Korean man has been found innocent after being accused of pretending to be a woman, even undergoing breast surgery, just to avoid serving in the army. On July 11, a judge of the Seoul Central District Court declared man ‘A’ not guilty after being indicted on charges of violating military service laws. It was […]

The post Korean Man Accused of Getting Breast Implants to Avoid Military Duty appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Do they really think someone would go through costly, painful, major operations and treatment as well as suffer through the stigma of being a gender minority in Korea and risk being seen as a traitor and hated by everyone for attempting to skip the army, just so that he wouldn't have to be a soldier for two years? That is like assuming someone would try to kill a fly with a grenade.

I am glad the court did not judge him as guilty. If he really was terrified enough of the army to do this, then he would not have been psychologically fit for it anyway. So even in that nonsensical case, he should not have been prosecuted for it. But again, those who did prosecute him clearly have no idea how insane their argument sounds in the first place.

Guest vvpal

I think this is a case of overzealous prosecutors. The case of the guy who pulled out all his teeth then claimed he cannot enlist is a clear BS case. But come one, this guy has psychological issues, give him a break.

Guest novadestin

I feel it's easy for people to judge the prosecutors these days given that anyone who doesn't show complete support for such things is automatically labeled as a hateful bigot/sexist/homophobe/etc etc. I am fully supportive of 'A', but I can still understand why they would prosecute. This is not a straight forward issue where "well, anyone can see this is totally gender dysphoria! Like, those guys are just haters!!" Acting that way is self-righteous bs.

And, would someone go through such a process just to get out of military service? People have done crazier things for far less significant reasons. Again, I'm supportive of 'A' and glad they didn't convict, but acting like the prosecutors are idiots is not only showing bias but also being hypocritical. They are simply presenting the case as they see it, just the same as you are presenting your thoughts as you see it. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they are "insane".

Archived