[SOLVED] How do I embed a youtube video in a post

Guest yuan19900

Question

Guest yuan19900

I would like to know how to embed a youtube video in a post. I copied the code provided in youtube then in the post use the "<>" tool to paste the code.

Example: When I try here.... so you can see the issue I'm getting (below)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R9So0UDGFsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What am I doing wrong? Much appreciated for your help.

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 hours ago, rei_smasher11 said:

Works for me but videos from naver doesn't hmmm

That's correct. Naver only allows embedding with the full URL but since the URL to the video is different than the URL to the page the video is shown on, there's a problem there. The solution is to enter the Naver code but since allowing coding on the forum is a legitimate safety concern (easy for hackers), the option to enter code is not allowed. 

I'll see if I can find a different way of posting Naver video's, but that's going to take some time since it will require breaking down their code and than writing a manual for it so users here are able to easily do it themselves (or at least by following steps) :) 

3 hours ago, nyota said:

I did hit enter, but I did it while using private browsing. Seems like it doesn't work then (I don't know why).

Good question, I hadn't tried that. Let me see if that works :)

In a private sessions (Chrome):

So for Chrome it does work. I don't work with Edge so haven't tested there. 
Let me know if the problem persist though. I'll get Edge (brrrr) and give it a go :) 

5 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

That's correct. Naver only allows embedding with the full URL but since the URL to the video is different than the URL to the page the video is shown on, there's a problem there. The solution is to enter the Naver code but since allowing coding on the forum is a legitimate safety concern (easy for hackers), the option to enter code is not allowed. 

I'll see if I can find a different way of posting Naver video's, but that's going to take some time since it will require breaking down their code and than writing a manual for it so users here are able to easily do it themselves (or at least by following steps) :) 

Thank you :)

Archived