JYP Entertainment Apologizes for Twice Member Lineup Controversy

JYP Entertainment has made another statement and apology regarding the controversy surrounding the finale of “Sixteen” and previously eliminated trainee Momo being added to the final Twice lineup. “We apologize for failing to clearly communicate the selection process, and we’d like to explain it in detail once again,” said JYP on July 8. “The condition […]

The post JYP Entertainment Apologizes for Twice Member Lineup Controversy appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest leethao

"harsh nature" my richard simmons. Bring eliminated contestants back into the group doesn't make it harsh. It makes the whole show pointless and fake as richard simmons.

Guest maayana_stv

JYP don't need to apologize for doing the best he can to make this girl group stronger. Momo is an amazing dancer and she will show everyone - haters or not - that she is the best! she deserve that and I know that after the debut everyone is going to love her and accept her again. it's a matter of time.
TWICE FIGHTING!! <3

Guest novadestin

Changing the rules of the competition just because you don't like the outcome is unscrupulous, hypocritical, and makes the whole thing a facade for media play. Acting all humble "after the fact" only makes you appear even more self-righteous. Sadly, I can't say I'm really surprised by all this; this is KPop after all.

Guest SalimaK

survival shows are fake af smh >.< it's simply to garner attention and then somehow everyone falls for it and stans the group like crazy. kpop is a psychological evaluation. lol how delusion can one get~

Guest sabrinana

I really disagree with the decision. It seems unfair for another members who made it until final. Moreover momo is still lacking in her singing. I have no interest anymore with twice. Luckily, the eonni members (jihyo, nayeon, jungyeon) made it

Guest Booggy Booggello

"one member solely chosen by the viewers (Tzuyu)"
So after bringing back one of the members who got eliminated by the audience, you're gonna talk richard simmons about the audience's favourite. Bold strategy.

JYP don't need to apologize for doing the best he can to make this girl group stronger. Momo is an amazing dancer and she will show everyone - haters or not - that she is the best! she deserve that and I know that after the debut everyone is going to love her and accept her again. it's a matter of time.
TWICE FIGHTING!! <3

If he just wanted to do whatever to make this group stronger, then whats the point of the survival show? If at the end you are just going to break the rules to get your outcome, just decide all the members yourself. This was unfair and disrespectful thing to do to the other members and to the audience who voted.

Archived