Rachel Kan
Matthew Ho
Kiki Sheung
KK Cheung
Eliza Sam
Toby Chan
C Kwan

Synopsis

The drama is a comedic view of the struggles regular Hong Kong citizens go through in order to be able to own property in modern Hong Kong

Previews

OSTs

Edwin Siu - 400 Feet

Additional Links

Brick Slaves 樓奴 Official Website

Edited by sugarplum892

• 3 weeks later...

[TVB] Brick Slaves (literal translation is Property/Housing Slaves)
Date of Premiere: 2015-8-3 (Total 20 eps)
Time of Broadcast: M-F 2030-2130 HKT

Plot:  

The plot reflects the current high property prices, of how some folks would slog their whole life just to put a roof over their heads. It raises the question of how some folks make life choices. With a humorous and light-hearted look through the lives of several 'model property slaves', to explore the true concept of 'responsibility' and 'commitment' in life. 

Notes: 

• 2014-8-8 - In the filming studio at Tseun Kwan O, a drama styling press meet was held.
  • 2014-9-23 - The blessing/lens opening (i.e. beginning of filming) ceremony was held in Tseun Kwan O studio #13. 

CR: translation/jadecloud | Source: baike baidu

-----------------

Looks like a very interesting tvb drama about life and property issues in HKG. Can't wait!

LATEST NEWS ON TVB BRICK SLAVES DRAMA. WHEN WILL IT PREMIERE?

2015-8-3 at 2030 HKT

3gItzlg.jpg

SOURCE:(2015-06-29 BA GUA LING) 

http://bgl.shenchuang.com/gtdsj/20150629/203270.shtml

--------------------------

TVB Actor/Singer Edwin Siu To Sing OST 400 FEET.

kCZb3oa.jpg

SOURCE:(2015-06-29 BA GUA LING) 

http://bgl.shenchuang.com/gtdsj/20150629/203306.shtml

Edited by jadecloud

So much movement in TVB, the seasoned actresses and actors seem to have moved on and the current line up has changed a lot. Don't recognize these peeps. Anyway, looking forward to this drama for its plot theme more than the cast. Hopefully they will not disappoint.

BRICK SLAVES - CHARACTERS' STYLING 

Main Leads: Vincent Wong 王浩信、Eliza Sam 岑丽香

kEJOiM7.jpg

S032jr7.jpg

bO1LBWP.jpg

Ca7siG8.jpg

13efxJI.jpg

CR: ONTVB

• 2 weeks later...

Eliza Sam can't decide where to buy properties

eliza_sam.jpg

TVB fadan Eliza Sam (岑麗香) attended the promotional event for upcoming series Brick Slaves (樓奴). She, wearing a short skirt, was extremely into the games and even accidentally revealed her panties! In the series, her role returns from oversea and was shocked to see Hong Kong property prices being surprisingly high. Asked whether this role was tailor-made for her, she smiled and said: "Not exactly, I think many people would also feel this way, at the same price you can purchase many properties oversea, in Hong Kong you can only buy a subdivided flat." Currently renting out a place, Eliza expressed that she is deciding whether to purchase property in Hong Kong or Canada. Since she wasn't born and raised in Hong Kong, she would have to pay more taxes to buy property here, and thus she has to think about it more clearly: "Or maybe I will buy property in Canada and then lease it out to manage the rent in Hong Kong. I've came to Hong Kong to work for four years, I can only get a HK residency card after three more years, so I still have three more years to plan, everyone don't give me too much pressure. (Ask family to help financing?) My parents did suggested it but I want them to enjoy a better life after they retire, moreover, I am really independent, I want to depend on myself. (Marry a wealthy man?) Huh? This is one way! But it wouldn't be my choice. (Have a flash wedding like Lin Xia Wei (夏薇閃)?) Don't have such a plan, I want to do everything one step at a time!"

As for good friend Christine Kuo (苟芸慧) being in a car accident earlier, Eliza expressed that she did send condolences to her via text messaging: "She even said she was OK, we will pray for her health."

SourceON.CC (HK)
Translated by: chaierie @ Asian E-News Portal

Goof in new TVB series Brick Slaves discovered by a netizen

selena_li_gaffe_brickslave.jpg

This week, TVB started broadcasting new series Brick Slaves (樓奴), whose topic can easily instigate sympathy from the audience. But an observant netizen discovered a goof: female lead Selena Li (李施嬅) took a cab to Tin Shui Wai (天水圍) but the location where she got off was actually Tseung Kwan O (將軍澳), which shows the crew's lack of professionalism. However, there was a netizen who left a message expressing support and pointed that the role's wardrobe and even script is "already pretty good."

Facebook page "The home of Tseung Kwan O" (將軍澳主場) posted a screenshot of the scene, indicating that Selena took a cab heading to Tin Shui Wai and the location she got off was opposite a long bridge. The moderator pointed out that it is actually across from Tseung Kwan O's Sheung Tak estates (尚德邨) and left a message saying: "Did everyone realized, many series usually take sceneries from Tseung Kwan O, since after all the station is nearby. But, she clearly said she's going to Tin Shui Wai, why did she end up at Sheung Tak in the end? Please be a little more professional in filming, although you've fooled many people but you wouldn't be able to fool us people who live in Tseung Kwan O."

Our reporters looked up Google Maps and confirmed that the location the female lead got off at was Tseung Kwan O's Tong Ming Street (唐明街), the bus stop across from Sheung Tak shopping center.

There was also a netizen that the goofs in TVB series are related to their budget, they wouldn't actually go to Tin Shui Wei for a one-second scene; another also pointed that in the end, it's just a series, no need to be too serious about it.

Source: Ming Pao (HK)

• 2 weeks later...

Source: Wacow
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (08/03/2015 - 08/09/2015)

Dramas
Ghost of Relativity - 鬼同你OT (EPS 21-25) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Brick Slaves - 樓奴 (EPS 1-5) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 825-829) - 21 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
Ghost of Relativity FINALE - 鬼同你OT 結局篇 (EP 27 END) - 30 PTS (Peaking at 33 PTS) *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Ghost of Relativity - 鬼同你OT (EP 26) - 24 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY 

Variety Shows
The Million Dollar Minute - 超強選擇1分鐘 - 21 PTS

Eating Well with Madam Wong 2 - 吾淑吾食 - 21 PTS

Neighbourhood Gourmet 3 - 街坊廚神舌戰新台韓 - 20 PTS

Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇李 - 18 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS

Chef Minor 2 - 我係小廚神 - 14 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Related News:
- "Ghost of Relativity" averaged 27 PTS overall, and holds the number one place in 2015 for highest average rating. Because "The Empress of China" has 74 episodes (versus only 30 episodes for 'Ghost'), the average rating was 26 PTS overall. "The Empress of China" still holds first place in highest peak rating, with its finale averaging 33 PTS and peaking at 37 PTS. Third place for average rating for the overall drama goes to "Noblesse Oblige", which averaged 25 PTS overall.

Vincent Wong first time playing lead role causing great stress

vincent_wong.jpg

Artiste Vincent Wong (王浩信) accepted an interview from ON.CC (東網) in the currently broadcasting TVB series, Brick Slaves (樓奴), Vincent plays the male lead for the first time. When asked whether this has brought upon him great stress and thus caused abnormal behaviors, he said : "Acnes would grow, they would grow on my forehead, and I also couldn't sleep, then I would drink a little wine to allow myself to relax."

He also said he would rely on video games to reduce stress: "I would play first-person games, like those RPG, it allows me to quickly get into another character, after a few days, I would only think about how to play the video game and wouldn't think about the series again!"

Source: ON.CC (HK)

TVB Ratings Report (08/10/2015 - 08/16/2015)

Dramas
The Fixer - 拆局專家 (EPS 1-5) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Brick Slaves - 樓奴 (EPS 6-10) - 25 PTS**

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 830-834) - 22 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
The Fixer - 拆局專家 (EP 7) - 22 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

The Fixer - 拆局專家 (EP 6) - 19 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY 

Variety Shows
Eating Well with Madam Wong 2 - 吾淑吾食 - 21 PTS

The Million Dollar Minute - 超強選擇1分鐘 - 20 PTS (Peaking at 23 PTS)

Neighbourhood Gourmet 3 - 街坊廚神舌戰新台韓 - 20 PTS

Sunday Songbird - SUNDAY靚聲王 - 19 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Chef Minor 2 - 我係小廚神 - 17 PTS

Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇李 - 16 PTS

**According to Selena Lee and Vincent Wong's social media accounts, Brick Slaves also peaked at 27 PTS, as the episode on Monday (10th) was reported to have had 27 PTS.

Edited by sugarplum892

• 2 weeks later...

TVB Ratings Report (08/24/2015 - 08/30/2015)

Dramas
The Fixer - 拆局專家 (EPS 15-19) - 27 PTS *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Brick Slaves - 樓奴 (EPS 16-20 END) - 26 PTS

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 840-844) - 21 PTS 

Weekend Episodes
The Fixer FINALE - 拆局專家 結局篇 (EP 20 END) - 25 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Specials
2015 Miss Hong Kong Pageant - 2015香港小姐競選決賽 - 27 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)

2015 Miss Hong Kong Pageant: A Legend is Born - 2015香港小姐傳奇誕生 - 18 PTS

Variety Shows
Four Amigos Bon Voyage - 4個小生去旅行 - 23 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist 3 - 學是學非 III - 22 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Chef Minor 2 - 我係小廚神 - 17 PTS

Midnight Munchies 3 - 夜宵磨 - 15 PTS