SM AUDITION - Toronto

Guest ill3stbabyy

Guest SnTears

oh well. but i was like staring at you guys teh whole time it was funny. because i was trying to find out where that cool sound was coming from and tehn i stared at you guys for ahwile i was like crap. i remember them from somewwhere then my friend was like check your phone so i was playing this little video my oppa ripped on the net of you guys beatboing at some korean talent show or something i dotn remember. i was like... omg i need a pen and a book so i was walking down the hallway to get your autographs but my friend kind of fraeke on me and was like lyn! WALK AWAY! so i shut up and walked rigth past you guys . felt so bad >< i was so close to getting a picture and autograph . you guys are going to be famous!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest d.aze.da.n.dc.raze.d

Hey! Vokileffex didn't u guys perform at Kollaboration last year? hehe I saw you guys!!! you guys were sooo impressive!

My experience can basically be read in Lan's (Chiidori) post....I'm the Abby she mentioned ^_____^!

Basically, my experience started on Friday. I woke up early to try to bus to the place to find it and time how long it takes me. I couldn't make the whole trip cuz I had work later that day. I usually don't work on Fri's, but the girl who was suppose to work had an exam so i HAD to work for her. This was the first sign that it's not gonna be a good audition for me because things aren't going my way.

When I got home after work, my bro, who i had always thought was going with me, said he's going with his friend instead. This somehow hurted me...I felt that i spent the whole day trying to make the trip easier for us tomorrow, and now I'm ditched, know wat i mean? Anyway, second sign.

That night, I went to bed early cuz I am the kind of person who needs way more than 8 hours of sleep to not look horrible and since the day before I had little sleep. I couldn't fall asleep till 2am and woke up looking, as expected, horrible, with dark baggies under my eye, making me look way older than I am. Third sign.

So my brother went before me. When i left the house to take the buses, they were pretty ontime so i THOUGHT that it could be a lucky sign. I was still late in meeting Lan at Downsview. (sorry!) Fourth sign.

During the bus/subway ride, everytime I see pretty, Asian girls, i got nervous.... :S When i saw thoes pretty girls get off the bus, i got happy! lol! On the subway, i heard these two guys talking about "if you get accpeted" so i KNEW they were going for the audition.

And blah blah blah (can be read in Lan's post) I was suppose to meet another girl and her friend at Yorkdale platform but couldn't find her. (sorry Rachel) Fifth sign.

So we were trying to get to the place. When I saw a group of asian girls, i knew that were where at the right place.! hehe!

When i was filling in the application i was tempted to lie about my age, weight and hight, but didn't....lol So i got #123 but i was hoping for something with a #4 cuz 4 is my lucky number...Sixth sign.

So we waited and danced to the MVs. It was kinda warm in the waiting room, so my hair went flat and i just looked worse than before. Seventh sign.

I was gonna go to the washroom with my friend and saw the highlighter Soompi sign! I talked to this girl and told her my screen name and asked for her's. But she said she didn't post here.....soo......then i left the Soompi people...and never found them again...

One thing i noticed was that many people were well made-up. I thought that they want the natural look...but so many people had simple, flattering makeup! I should have done that! Even one of the girls in my group made up and worse high heels. got to keep singing. She was a good singer tho.....Eighth sign.

During the wait, I was totally stressing out cuz i haven't totally memorized my lyrics. That was a kicker in my clamness...when #121-#130's time came, I was sooooo nervous. Ninth sign.

While we waited outside for the previous group to finish, a photographer came in and took pics of this one girl who i thought was skinny and had pretty eyes. When the photographer turned my way, i tried to look pretty, but she was not interested. Then i know i'm not pretty.....Tenth sign.

During the audition, all we had to do was say our name, age and what we were doing and i stuttered. Also, when i said the singer and the song i was gonna sing, the long hair judge made fun of my pronounciation. I ended up singing way lower than the original key (but no wrong notes) and i guess pretty standard. I did nothing outstanding. They didn't tell me to look at the camera so either i was looking in the camera or they know i woulnd't make anyway. I even stopped myself from singing. If only i had practiced the song more! Freestyle was pretty eh. I danced like I normally would at clubs, just shaking moving my arms. Nothing special. I then realized that the camera was stopping at everyone. I didn't dance as hard when the camera wasn't on me and when the camera came close to me, i danced harder. Unfortunatly, the camera went RIGHT pass me. Eleventh, twelvth, thirteenth etc. sign.

Also, i noticed that they seemed to put the spplications in three different piles. I think one is the "call back" pile, one is the "maybe" pile and one is the "no way in hell" pile....

As we left, we all wanted a poster! When we reached the front of the building, we remembered that there were posters on the windows and on the sign. The sign one was already taken! We contemplated on if we should take the one on the windows or not. We did. ^___^ There were only three. One went to Ayako, one to Lan and one to Carmen. I had none. So i took the pink and yellow sign with the arrow that says SM Audition '06! lol!!!!

After eating, we went to cd shop and i bought a Shinhwa Special Ed. CD/DVD! I saw the Shinhwa poster and asked for it. The owner was soooo nice and gave it to me! After he taken it off the door, he even tried to take the tape for me but i said i could do it. So nice so nice!

So Lanners and i went karaoking and we really never got anything lower than 92, i beileve!

When i got home, my dad drove me BACK to the audition place to pick up my youngest brother who went at 6 cuz of school. it was 9:30 and i think he was the third last group. Anyway, i went into the now pretty empty waiting room and say them tearing down the posters! So i, and some other girls, asked for the posters. They said yes and i took one. It was riped so i took another one. I wanted a DBSK poster too but the lady who was tearing them down also crumpled alllll of them and threw them away. I saw this horrific scene take place and couldn't do anything about it....T__________T

So now, my only hope was that my youngest bro got a DBSK poster when he signed up. Lo and behold he did! So now i have a set of Suju and DBSK posters and am happier.....i saw a boa one and asked for it too but the guy said no....T___T not their's i guess....

Phew....esssay...just like Lan...

LAN!!! i read ur essay! where's my cookie? <3

Guest swtgreentea

^ hey Abby! you were in my group ^_^ i'm number 128, i don't understand korean so... that's what the korean lady say to you? i thought she was commenting something good to you =T she was making fun of your pronunciation? Anyways yah you didn't go off key, not that I remember. I thought everyone who sing in our group was pretty good, at least I don't think anyone went off key. ~_~ I don't think I did either... I hope, LOL

ShaolinMilk: You guys seem to be soo popular! Actually I walk pass you guys and one of my friend (JJames) was like did you just hear that? They doing beatbox, it's soo good. But unfortunately I didn't hear it :( my mind was wondering off somewhere at that time but I wish I hear it now! How long have your group been doing beatbox for?

Guest <3*gabbss.;

And blah blah blah (can be read in Lan's post) I was suppose to meet another girl and her friend at Yorkdale platform but couldn't find her. (sorry Rachel) Fifth sign.

heey =) haha

i was supposed to meet you up WITH rachel.. LOL.

well i was at her house when you showed me a pic of you.. LOL.

so yeah.. i think i saw you at the yorkdale station.. but i wasnt sure if it was youu LOL.

i told rachel that i think it was you.. she's likee.. really? what? where?

and the other girl we were with didnt know we were meeting you up

so she kept walking and rachel was with her.. lol..

i was gonna go up to you but like.. u'd be likee.. hmm yeah.. who are you..?

LOL. soo i just followed them.. >.< sorry.. lol

we were kinda late too.. you were like walking behind us.. LOL.

well i think it was you.. im pretty sure it was you.. lol

if you were wearing like.. blue scarf or something.. then i guess i saw you..? =P

<3*gabbss.;

for some reason my bf went the wrong way and we parked at yorkdale.

he tried to convince me that it was close!

i think i got sick and was absolutely freezing and sniffling by the time we arrived there. and my throat got all dry O_O i drank tons of water but...bleh -_-

when i got home, i felt so woozy and hit the bed. i didn't awake until 11:30 on sunday O_O

Guest ShaolinMilk

ShaolinMilk: Oh no way!! You're one of the beatboxing guys?! Which one were you? The one who did "pony"? which one was that?! cause that was just rediculously crazy. The rendition of tetris (i think that was it) was friggin sweet too!!!! I just knew you guys were gonna make it, especially now since you all had gotten interviewed. I was a little sad that the judge only let me sing one song because I didn't get a chance to show off enough of my range... and I practiced this one BoA song endlessly and I didn't even get to do it haha! let us know if you guys get a callback okie!?

Alright. We'll keep you guys posted and that was my friend, krnfx. He replied in this thread earlier... Anyways, once again, great voice!

oh well. but i was like staring at you guys teh whole time it was funny. because i was trying to find out where that cool sound was coming from and tehn i stared at you guys for ahwile i was like crap. i remember them from somewwhere then my friend was like check your phone so i was playing this little video my oppa ripped on the net of you guys beatboing at some korean talent show or something i dotn remember. i was like... omg i need a pen and a book so i was walking down the hallway to get your autographs but my friend kind of fraeke on me and was like lyn! WALK AWAY! so i shut up and walked rigth past you guys . felt so bad >< i was so close to getting a picture and autograph . you guys are going to be famous!

You should've came up to us then... lol... But anyways, thanks for the compliment.

ShaolinMilk: You guys seem to be soo popular! Actually I walk pass you guys and one of my friend (JJames) was like did you just hear that? They doing beatbox, it's soo good. But unfortunately I didn't hear it :( my mind was wondering off somewhere at that time but I wish I hear it now! How long have your group been doing beatbox for?

We have been together for over 2 years now... And yeah, JJames was the one that asked us if we beatbox...

Guest krngirl77

Hitorijime oh my friend.. she has bad memory so she doesn't kno what she was wearing.. but yeah, she's REALLY short... well not THAT THAT short.. but she's pretty short... has bangs... shoulder length hair... and she sang a korean song... ??.. that's the only way i cud describe her haha x_x i'll ask if she remembers nething else at school tomorrow ^.^;;

Guest SilentDream

Hey Lan & Abby, this is Carman =). Anyways swtgreentea I remember you, you did pretty good =)

The audition wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although they could have cleaned up the bathrooms and had more waiting rooms. It was sooooo insanely crowded there. I think I did bad but thats coz I chose a song that didn't suit my voice >_<...

Guest Hitorijime

Hitorijime oh my friend.. she has bad memory so she doesn't kno what she was wearing.. but yeah, she's REALLY short... well not THAT THAT short.. but she's pretty short... has bangs... shoulder length hair... and she sang a korean song... ??.. that's the only way i cud describe her haha x_x i'll ask if she remembers nething else at school tomorrow ^.^;;

Hmm...is she a good singer? There was this girl with a white shirt with short hair singing around the beginning of the group. I think it was her. That girl had bangs as well.

Guest 5OULFUL

i was just wondering, how did the application forms look like?

did we have to fill out misc. information and what not just like the e-mail app.?

Guest cutedorkable

lainey: lol THE PRIVATE AUDTION OF MY COUSIN!! (she technically just sat in the hall waiting for me to go and never auditioned but got a private audition LMAO)

okay so she went in and she said hi and stuff and she was kinda confused cause there was only ONE LADY -- you know the camera lady that came to her in the hall -- so ye she talked korean to her in some parts lol!

she was just like wuh? so she modled first and they took pictures of her and ask her to introduce herself

then told her to sing as many songs

so she sang 3 songs by guang liang and like SCREECHED (haha she isn't exactly a GOOD singer) and teh lady laguehd -- like nice way

then she had to dance it was for like A MINUTE OR TWO and she was like clapping and asking wen it wold stop lmao! (well in her mind ofcourse)

after that ye..it was done and OMG SHE GOT suju autographed CD, timeless autographed CD and DBSK autographed CD

ARGH HATE HER lol

i wasn't there at the aud wen i was suppose to go with her but like she was running real late so ye. she said like sorry to me A MILLION TIMES

OMG!! SHE MET THE CUTE GUY! that played the violin LMAO

he was like soo funny/mean

he comes in and realized my cousin was still ike auditoning and like heard her singing so he was like "uhh is it okay if i go get some fresh air! lmao!"

then after he came back and asked "who auditioned!"

but from wat i heard hes like a joker person and relli funny and stuff he speaks like cantonese, taiwanese, manderin and i think korean LOL

hes soo cool! my new eye candy

Guest Cee1430262309

How did people get a private audition and get special privileges? :blink: Mann, they are soo lucky. They had the time to show more of their talent unlike the Saturday audition <_< Everything was like rushed and from what I saw, the judges didn't seem to pay to much attention on you since other people in the room are auditionning also... Ahhhhh I envy those who got a private audition...

Great..now chances of me getting in is slim (sorry I'm always like this lol Don't let my comments affect you personnaly :sweatingbullets: )

Guest cutedorkable

omg dont be!!

read wat is on the callbacks by xiahuknow or somthing

IT HELPS

oh lainney do you want the pic posted here? lol

My 16 yr old cousin wants me to tell you HI

Guest Cee1430262309

^ lol I did read what she posted and yeah it helped hehe I'm going through some phases at the moment... I want to hear some news from them soon!

Guest aznscrewball

OMG!! SHE MET THE CUTE GUY! that played the violin LMAO

he was like soo funny/mean

he comes in and realized my cousin was still ike auditoning and like heard her singing so he was like "uhh is it okay if i go get some fresh air! lmao!"

then after he came back and asked "who auditioned!"

but from wat i heard hes like a joker person and relli funny and stuff he speaks like cantonese, taiwanese, manderin and i think korean LOL

hes soo cool! my new eye candy

Oh...well now, is that by any chance a guy called Henry?

Archived