[Movie 2017] Fabricated City 조작된 도시

cherkell

Shim Eun Kyung's IG is weird, but I like her personality in real life. I watch a video when she received an acting award on stage, she busted into tears...It is very touching and so cute! Yeah, I guess if they don't have many scenes together,  it would be hard for them to be connected. JCW is shy to strangers anyway, haha...We have seen many BTS pics of JCW for the movie, but I barely see any pic of Shim Eun Kyung?! :rolleyes::huh: Hm....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Shooting for the movie Fabricated City has completed

Fabricated City

The movie Fabricated City (working title) wrapped up filming on December 29th in Seoul. The movie is directed by Park Kwang-Hyun, produced by TPS Company and distributed by CJ Entertainment.

In Fabricated City, Kwon-yoo’s life is thrown completely out of order when he is falsely accused of murder. This action-crime movie is about his pursuit to find the truth behind the fabricated incident.

Fabricated City is directed by Park Kwang-hyun, who also directed the 2005 hit Welcome to Dongmakgol, which sold over 8 millions tickets. The movie stars Ji Chang-wook and Shim Eun-kyung. The cast also includes Oh Jung-se, Kim Sang-ho, Kim Ki-cheon,Ahn Jae-hong and Kim Min-kyo.

Ji Chang-wook is famous for his break out role in the drama Empress Gi. His character Kwon-yoo in Fabricated City, is a god in the online gaming world, but in real life he is unemployed and going no where.

The movie’s other leading role goes to Shim Eun-kyung who plays a hacker named Yeo-Wool who works with Kwon-yoo to dig up the truth.

publish.php?pid=424

Shooting started on July 1st on a hot summer day and ended six months later on a cold winter day on December 31st.

It has intense and dangerous action and chase scenes, but everything progressed according to schedule. In the end the director, staff and actors were both happy and relieved as they shot their final scene and had a moment of shared emotion.

Fabricated City has released its first preview pictures featuring Ji Chang-wook. Chang-wook said “I want to say thank you to my fellow actors and staff with whom I’ve shared this journey. I want to express my thanks and gratitude for everyone who worked on this film.” Shim Eun-kyung said “I really wanted to work with director Park Kwang-hyun and Jo Chang-wook. Working with them on this project has been a great honor. I’m really looking forward to the movie Fabricated City. The movie is really imaginative, so I hope people are looking forward to seeing the movie.”

Fabricated City will be released in the second half of 2016.

source

When will Ji Chang-wook’s film premiere?

Actor Ji Chang-wook wrapped up filming for new flick “Fabricated City,” the film’s distributor CJ E&M said Monday.

“Fabricated City,” directed by Park Kwang-hyun (“Welcome to Dongmakgol”), began shooting last year in July and finished on Dec. 29 in Seoul.

“I want to say great work to all the staff members and actors for their hard work,” said Ji. “I thank everyone who worked on this project together. I had a happy time.”

“It was such an honor to work together on the memorable project with director Park and actor Ji, said costar Shim Eun-kyung, indicating she have always wanted to work with them. “‘Fabricated City’ is a film that I am very excited about. It is a film with immeasurable creativity, which is hard to come by, so please be excited.”

The action flick follows a man Kwon Yoo, played by Ji, who is a celebrated in the virtual game world, but in real life, he is an unemployed man. One day, his life changes entirely when he is framed for a murder. Actress Shim plays Yeo-wool, a genius hacker, who helps Kwon to uncover the truth behind the murder case.

The film also stars Oh Jung-se, Kim Sang-ho, Kim Ki-cheon and Ahn Jae-hong.

“Fabricated City” will open in theaters sometime this year.

source

Ji Chang Wook wraps up filming for “Fabricated City”

Filming for Director Park Kwang Hyun’s new work and Ji Chang Wook’s debut movie “Fabricated City” has been completed.

According to CJ Entertainment, filming for “Fabricated City” began on 1 July last year and went on for six months, from summer till winter, before completing on 29 December last year after 85 rounds of filming.

After completing all the filming schedule, which included dangerous scenes such as intense action scenes and chase scenes, the director, actors and staff exchanged greetings of happiness and regret and special memories at the final filming.

“Fabricated City” (working title) is a crime action movie about a man Kwon Yoo, whose life is turned upside down after he is framed for a murder for no reason, who then goes after the truth of the case that has been perfectly fabricated. Ji Chang Wook, who shot to fame jn Asia through the drama “Empress Ki”, plays the role of Kwon Yoo, who is a great leader of team Resurrection in the gaming world but an unemployed man with nothing to do in real life. Shim Eunkyung, who was the lead in the movie “Miss Granny” which drew more than 8.65 million audiences, plays Yeo Wool, a genius hacker who works with Kwon Yoo to unravel the truth.

Ji Chang Wook, who is making his big screen debut in “Fabircated City”, said, “I want to tell all the staff and actors that they have worked really hard. I am thankful to all the people whom I’ve worked with on this movie, and I was very happy.” Shim Eun Kyung said, “I’ve had many thoughts of wanting to work with Director Park Kwang Hyun and actor Ji Chang Wook, and I’m honoured to be able to work with a good director and actor on a meaningful project. ‘Fabricated City’ is also a movie that I’m personally looking forward to. It will be a highly imaginative movie that is hard to come by, so I hope audiences will look forward to it.”

Director Park Kwang Hyun said, “Filming could be completed without a hitch thanks to all the actors and staff. I’m deeply moved as though I’ve surmounted a huge mountain, and I will work hard on the post-production to repay with a thankful heart.”

The movie is expected to be released in 2016.

Source: Star News

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[Movie] First video teaser for "Fabricated City" to be released 27 December

vlcsnap-2016-12-25-14h07m05s457_zpsabwpl

OH HAPPY DAY!!!  "Fabricated City" is alive and well and scheduled for a video teaser to be released on 27 December 2016 through Naver TVCast.  Links to be provided when known!

vlcsnap-2016-12-25-14h07m16s560_zps0e52u

Credit:  CJ Entertainment

• 2 weeks later...

[Movie] Ji Chang Wook to make his big screen debut soon in Fabricated City

Actor Ji Chang Wook will be making his big screen debut through the movie “Fabricated City”.  “Fabricated City” is about a man who gets framed for murder within 3 minutes 16 seconds, and he joins hands with members of his virtual gaming team to uncover the mastermind of the case. Ji Chang Wook plays the role of Kwon Yoo who gets framed for the murder, and is expected to show highly difficult action scenes and emotional acting in the movie.

In order to prepare for the role of Kwon Yoo, Ji Chang Wook not only spent several months training for high difficulty action stunts at an action school, he also personally did dangerous stunts ranging from large scale car chases to wire action to close-range combat that are both unique and refreshing.

Besides action, Ji Chang Wook will also show his emotional range, from the injustice he suffered from being framed as a murderer, to the sadness of losing a loved one, to the anger upon discovering the mastermind.

Director Park Kwang Heon said, “Ji Chang Wook is an actor with a excellent sense for acting and action. His portrayal covers a wide spectrum from strong masculinity to a delicate youth, and he’s an actor with a superb ability to adapt to situations.”

“Fabricated City” will be released in cinemas in Korea in February.

Adapted and translated from Korean to English by Gabby. PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.

Credit: TV Report

[Event/Movie] Ji Chang Wook charms the crowd at “Fabricated City” press conference (image heavy)

1483928264765659.jpeg?w=600

On the morning of 9 January, the press conference for “Fabricated City” was held at the CGV Apgujeong Theatre Complex, with stars Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung and Ahn Jae Hong, along with Director Park Kwang Hyun attending, and relayed various stories related to the movie and its production.

“A perfect leader in the game world. Became a murderer in 3 minutes and 16 seconds. Someone else is controlling everything. The world they have weaved. We will overturn it! A new world of crime action.”

2017010901113344302_l1.jpeg?w=600

(L-R) lead actors Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung and Ahn Jae Hong; Director Park Kwang Hyun.

The press conference was moderated by emcee Park Kyung Lim.  Speaking to a packed theatre, Ji Chang Wook stated that he was “very familiar with eating instant noodles in the middle of [playing] a video game.  I do that all the time.  There was no need for me to prepare much in the way of my character.” [laughs]

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/01/09/eventmovie-ji-chang-wook-charms-the-crowd-at-fabricated-city-press-conference-image-heavy/

[Movie] More stills of Ji Chang Wook for “Fabricated City”

201701110836778289_587571f74284d.jpg?w=6

More stills have been released to the media as the release date for “Fabricated City” draws nearer. 

The new stills show Kwon Yoo (played by Ji Chang Wook) being framed for a crime, and collaborating with his friends, Yeowool (played by Shim Eun Kyung) and Demolition (played by Ahn Jae Hong).

201701110836778289_587571f305a8a

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/01/11/movie-more-stills-of-ji-chang-wook-for-fabricated-city/

[Promo] Two upcoming publicity events for the Fabricated City cast and director

Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung, Ahn Jae Hong & Director Park Gwang Hyun will be making an appearance via tape-delay on SBS's Access! Movie World program this Saturday, 14 January 2017 at 10:55am KST

C2E_7VDVEAAvROA.jpg

Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung, Ahn Jae Hong & Director Park Gwang Hyun will be making an appearance on MBC's SectionTV program this Sunday, 15 January 2017 at 3:45pm KST

C2FP5URVIAATxh1.jpg

[Movie] Ji Chang Wook’s debut movie “Fabricated City” to premiere on 9 February

fc1.png?w=600&h=401

We were trying to figure out how to post the latest stills from “Fabricated City” which were released a few days ago.  How about we join them with the official announcement from CJ Entertainment that Ji Chang Wook’s debut movie will have its premiere on 9 February?  We didn’t think you’d mind.  :D

Enjoy the latest teaser from CJ Entertainment, which prominently features “2월 9일” (9 February) in the upper right-hand corner.  WE CAN’T WAIT!!!

fc2.png?w=600&h=400

fc3.png?w=600&h=400

Reveal hidden contents

Credit:  CJ Entertainment You Tube; CJ Entertainment Facebook

• 3 weeks later...

(Yonhap Interview) 'Fabricated City' director says he wanted to make film full of youthful sensibilities

SEOUL, Feb. 6 (Yonhap) -- Many raised their eyebrows when director Park Kwang-hyun first unveiled a plan years ago to make a crime-action thriller with a computer gaming theme.

That's because it was hard to find a common thread with his preceding title "Welcome to Dongmakgol," a heartwarming comedy-drama about Korean War enemies who join forces to defend a peaceful mountain village from an impending bombardment.

But after its press and industry screening last Tuesday, "Fabricated City" received largely positive reviews for his efforts he appears to have injected to catch the trend of the time and youthful sensibilities.

Starring Ji Chang-wook, Shim Eun-kyung and Ahn Jae-hong, the film is about a jobless young gamer who is jailed after being framed as a rape-murder suspect but is determined to unearth the truth with help from other members of his online gaming group.

"Eager to infuse vitality into the nation's exhausted young people, I pulled out youthful sensibilities from the diverse sensibilities in me," Park said during an interview with Yonhap News Agency on Monday.

Park Kwang-hyun, director of "Fabricated City," poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency on Feb. 6, 2017. (Yonhap)

Park Kwang-hyun, director of "Fabricated City," poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency on Feb. 6, 2017. (Yonhap)

He said he conceived the idea of making a film about young gamers thanks to his son who enjoys gaming.

"My son plays computer games, and it was fun to watch him play. So I got curious about why young people are so fond of gaming. Nowadays, video games have stories like movies and have as good computer graphics as movies. Seen from the eyes of a content creator, games' creativity is astonishing."

The director added that his desire to avoid the theatrics of the crime-action genre where heroes, cops or special forces unit members save the world from villains also made him create a story revolving around marginalized youth.

Questioned whether the movie targets a young audience, Park said, "It targets those with a young sensibility rather than certain age group.... Many Korean films have so far been tuned to the tastes of middle-aged people. I thought Koreans need to make more films full of young energy and spectacles like Hollywood titles."

When he cast Ji, who had no experience in film before, for the main character Gwon-yu, everyone around him called it a "reckless" choice.

"Some even said I lost my sense of casting after 10 years away from the film scene," Park recalled. "I scanned photos of all top-tier actors after finishing the film's screenplay but couldn't find the best match for the role."

"Ji, however, had the phases of a boy, a macho man, an action star and a soft-minded man in his face, so I persuaded investors."

Actress Shim is a shy person in real life, which also made her a perfect match for the role of Yeo-wul, a genius hacker suffering from social anxiety, he said.

According to the director, Oh Jeong-se, who plays the villain named Min Cheon-sang, originally was picked for a different role. But Oh persistently persuaded the director to cast him as Mr. Evil and did his best with the role.

It marks Park's first film in 12 years since 2005 when he burst onto the local cinema scene with "Welcome to Dongmakgol." The acclaimed Korean War fantasy drama made a big sensation, drawing more than 8 million viewers nationwide.

Park, who is also a leading TV commercial director, said he has spent most of his time making ads so far.

As for the film's unique action scene where Gwon-yu scatters grains of rice into the air in a darkened room to measure his distance from his opponents, he said, "I imagined Gwon-yu's ability was upgraded with the death of his mother as an catalyst. I wanted to make the protagonist resort to only his hearing in the darkness."

With only three days before the premiere of the film, the 48-year-old confided that he is riding a roller coaster of emotions these days.

"I feel good if the response is good but gloomy if not. Although I think films are meant to take people on an emotional journey, this life certainly appears to not be good for my heart," he said with a laugh.

Park Kwang-hyun, director of "Fabricated City," poses for a photo before an interview with Yonhap News Agency on Feb. 6, 2017.

Archived