[Movie 2017] Fabricated City 조작된 도시

cherkell

I saw the casts on Daum site, if those are the people who are confirmed then oh boy, oh boy, I am loving what I see. Fabricated City has got a greaaaat casts! From Ji Chang Wook to Shim Eun Kyung (she's great in Ms Granny although not impressed with Naeil Cantabile), Oh Jung Se (he was awesome in Mirae's Choice, A New Leaf and Misaeng as a cameo) and Kim Sang Ho (Shik Chong Ahjussi from City Hunter)! 

AAAHHHHHHHHHH ~~ now I can only cross my fingers and toes that this movie will be shown on the big screen in my country!!! Jaebal.

Wookie will have a BLAST working with these actors! :) 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@minksquared I saw this too last night posted by ahnjh1004 IG (who presumably working with our boy in a new project). He also posted a clip of this photo but then deleted it. I guess they don't want anything leaked out now about the new movie at the moement. 

Thanks for the casting news !!! So excited to see all these good actors in the cast !!

@minksquared I saw that video on the IG ahnjh1004 before it was deleted, it's a scene they were filming last night. I think it's not Wookie but that actor (there are other pics of him in the same outfit on his IG) but I may be wrong ^^

Can't wait to see Wookie in his first movie leading role !!! fighting !!!

Guest minksquared

Thanks for the casting news !!! So excited to see all these good actors in the cast !!

@minksquared I saw that video on the IG ahnjh1004 before it was deleted, it's a scene they were filming last night. I think it's not Wookie but that actor (there are other pics of him in the same outfit on his IG) but I may be wrong ^^

Can't wait to see Wookie in his first movie leading role !!! fighting !!!

@Daldan and @raito1310 - yes, he's been posting and deleting his posts i noticed. @raito1310 i was also wondering if it's Wookie or the other actor. I noted their t-shirts are alike but the pattern/design on the shirt is different. I too, may be wrong :vicx: Either way, they're both in the same movie right? :sweatingbullets:  I think we're all just excited to see Wookie in a movie soon! 

@minksquared Yes they are in the same movie :lol: 

About that scene in the deleted video :

It shows a guy walking in a parking, with a phone and some paper (money ?)  in his hands, looking confused/supicious... He seems waiting for someone (?) and checking his phone

However, you are right about the design on his Tshirt !!! And I agree the person on the screenshot does look like Wookie, so maybe it's him ^^

Btw, many articles are out on Naver reporting on this cast !!!

@minksquared

It looks way better than what we saw in his own IG selfie, LOL! I was horrified he's going to wear a bird's nest for the rest of the year, bahaha! If this is how he's going to look in the movie, then...*phew*. 

I just read a translated news that he's playing 20 years old (or a 20-something years old?). Really Wookie? :D:D:D I thought you turn 4 just two days ago? :P Anyway, it says it will be shown early next year so no Wookie on my TV screen for the rest of 2015 is :tears:

Yep this hair style is not bad :P

Hope we will know more on each role soon, very curious about Shim's character ^^

@sia3 if he finishes shooting for this movie at the end of September/October (hopefully), I wish he still has time to act in a new drama from November/December ..we already miss him so much :tears:

@cherkell when I saw that pic i was really hope that's his concept for this movie ;) yeah we usually can't see any leak pics from a unreleased movie ~ that's even more excitied TT_TT

-----------

Bird's nest hair in da housee :w00t: i dont know why but i totally fall for this messy hair .... :( really cant understand...

The confirmation ab the cast drives me over excited :| They're all good actors and actress urg just really hope at least CGV cinema in my place will buy this movie T__T

Guest minksquared

@sia3 Oh I'm totally with you on that bird's nest he sported in his IG - that was just a BIG no-no :o So yeah, in comparison to that, this lightly permed hair is acceptable :D

I need to go read the synopsis again. Somehow, the last I read, it gave me an impression he should be older than that. Could there be a 'flashback' scene where he plays a 20-year-old? Ok please don't take my word - i'm just wondering aloud hehe...

Re: No Wookie on my TV screen for the rest of 2015...No words. Let me join you :tears::tears:  ...and hope @raito1310's prophecy comes true *wishing for a drama*

From TV Report: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=742198

In summary, Ji Chang Wook is an excellent leader of the cyber (gaming) world in his gaming team, but in real life as we know, is just a jobless man. Shim Eun Kyung plays a genius hacker. Together with Ji Chang Wook, they tried to uncover the truth behind the murder. Oh Jung Se plays a public prosecutor that holds lots of secrets and Kim Sang Ho is a cop that is investigating Ji Chang Wook. :)

Note: I may not be correct in everything I share since I have to rely on translated source too. I am only sharing coz I'm super excited! But please read it with a grain of salt, and wait for Dramabeans's and JCWKitchen's translations for 100% confirmation of the character descriptions. Thanks!

@sia3: I understand, so thank you :wub:. I’m sooooo excited too with Wookie’s new project.

So his character is jobless but he’s smart, right. And about his bird-nest hair style, we don’t familiar with it but it seems suitable for his character, hehe, I’m ok.

Yeah, as Cherkell said, waiting for her coming back to home and The Kitchen will gather the news.

I just want to sing La..la..la all day with these good news. And although it's too soon to say it now, I very much hope he will act in a drama in the end of of the year. (Don't want to think of next year....with just a movie)

Thanks sia3 !!

& here is "Fabricated City" page on on AsianWiki:

http://asianwiki.com/Fabricated_City

File:Fabricated City-a00.jpg

Movie: Fabricated City (literal title)
Revised romanization: Jojakdwen Doshi
Hangul: 조작된 도시
Director: Park Kwang-Hyun
Writer: Park Kwang-Hyun
Producer:
Cinematographer:
Release Date: 2016
Runtime:
Distributor: CJ Entertainment
Language: Korean

Plot
In real life, Kwon Yoo (Ji Chang-Wook) is unemployed, but in the virtual game world he is the best leader. Kwon Yoo is then framed for a murder. With the help of hacker Yeo-Wool (Shim Eun-Kyung), he tries to uncover the truth behind the murder case. 

Notes
Filming began July 1, 2015 in Yongsan, Seoul, South Korea.

Cast
Ji Chang-Wook - Kwon Yoo
Shim Eun-Kyung - Yeo-Wool
Oh Jung-Se - Public Defender Min Chun-Sang
Kim Sang-Ho - Ma Deok-Soo
Kim Ki-Cheon - Yeobaekui Mi (beauty of space)
Ahn Jae-Hong - Demolition
Kim Min-Kyo - Yongdosa (Ascetic Yong)

me too, so excited for this movie :w00t: can't wait to see Kwon Yoo & Yeo-wool !!

Article on Kpopfighting: http://kpopfighting.com/2015/07/07/ji-chang-wook-begins-filming-his-movie-fabricated-city/

Ji Chang Wook begins filming his movie ‘Fabricated City’

July, 7, 2015

Filming for upcoming South Korean movie ‘Fabricated City‘ (director: Park Kwang Hyun) which is headlined by Ji Chang Wook and Shim Eun Kyung, got underway recently on July 1st.

The movie will be directed by Park Kwang Hyun of ‘Welcome to Dongmakgol’ fame, and the movie will feature the likes of Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung, Oh Jung Se, Kim Sang Ho, Kim Ki Cheon, Ahn Jae Jong, and many others.

Filming begun on July 1st in Yongsan, Seoul, where it focused on the the daily life of Kwon Yoo (Ji Chang Wook). Kwon Yoo is a respected leader in the virtual gaming world, but is just an unemployed man in an internet cafe who lives day by day by eating cup noodles in real life. Ji Chang Wook will go away from his usual dashing image, and transform into an ordinary man in his twenties.

Fellow co-star and actress Shim Eun Kyung wasn’t scheduled for any filming on the day, but she still dropped by to show her support.

Ji Chang Wook expressed, “I am feeling nervous yet excited, so I’m rather conflicted at the moment. I believe that it would be a really interesting project, and I am really looking forward to the rest of the filming.”

The movie is a crime action thriller that tells the story of an unemployed man who is however the best leader in the virtual gaming world. He unwittingly gets framed for a murder, and he decides to uncover the truth with the help of a hacker.

‘Fabricated City’ will open in cinemas sometime next year (2016).

By: Alvin
Copyright@ KpopFighting.com

BTW, the lead actors are trending on Naver now ^^

JCW_SEK_zpstzbrpvhv.png 

Guest Eileen531

Hello everyone, and thanks for the heads up @minksquared for letting us know this thread was started.  I look forward to this project and wish all the actors, crew and staff good luck with filming. Thanks for all the articles, pictures and information that was shared, I really appreciate it.

Ji Chang Wook and Shim Eun Kyung to Star Together in New Crime-Action Film

Ji Chang Wook and Shim Eun Kyung to Star Together in New Crime-Action Film

Actor Ji Chang Wook and actress Shim Eun Kyung have landed the lead roles for an upcoming crime-action movie called “Manipulated City (working title).”

This film centers around a guy named Kwon Yoo who is falsely charged with murder and tries to dig for the truth in the manipulated case. He is the leader of Team Resurrection in a fantasy game world but is nothing but an unemployed man in reality. He is later blamed for someone else’s murder and his life takes a complete turn.

Shim Eun Kyung will play the role of genius hacker Yeo Wool working together with Kwon Yoo on the case.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/07/ji-chang-wook-and-shim-eun-kyung-to-star-together-in-new-crime-action-film/

Excited with new Wookie's movie!!! :D Please be good!! ^_^

From character description and the story and genre, don't you think it's basically Healer: Gaming Version?! SEK is like the younger version of ahjumma, Healer now retired as Healer but try his gaming skills and become the leader of gaming world, only to be framed as a murderer.. (well, Healer also gets framed as a murderer)

(I know it maybe wouldn't like Healer, I just can't help to draw similarities)

Anyway I love Shim Eun Kyung too, she's one of the best actresses in her generation.. Super talented and pretty!

Love this casts!

Archived