[Drama 2015] Because It's The First Time 처음이라서

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Because It's the First Time" Episode 8

..... "Because It's the First Time" is a high quality production that exceedingly well captures the ups and downs of being twenty. At only eight full length episodes, it's well worth a watch for anyone.

Read more here :-

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-because-it-s-the-first-time-episode-8-88882.html

Exactly! and all the reviews for this drama is just so postive.

I've already said all my thoughts about this drama in every page ( no, kidding ha ha) since ep 1 and this drama (and MBB) has the longest post/raw recap.. w/c just goes to show how much I luv this drama and it's a favorite of mine!

@quockhanh45 I admit I enjoyed the beginning part and thought it would go to 10 episodes. I thought the 8th episode was a bit adrupt.

I actually can understand why Song Yi went to Tae Ho over Ji Ahn. Though Ji Ahn is her boyfriend, she doesn't want to show the messy crazy sides of her personal life yet to him. I can understand it. Tae Ho has known her for a long time and has seen ALL sides of her. She is so comfortable and didn't see him as a "man" but as a close friend. Also Tae Ho knows her family and has always been there for her. To make that jump is not easy to switch up to Ji Ahn. As for living with Tae Ho, if anything if it were not for him she should live with her hairdresser friend. 

Tae Ho lives by himself and is well off living off his allowance from his dad. Ji Ahn lives with his dad it seems in small place. Plus it would be weird for her to live there unless they were very close. Not like there is an extra room for her. 

Staying over a guy's place is not something easily done unless you are very close or like family. Such a conservative society and having people talk. Though Tae Ho is a guy, he is like family to Song Yi. I am watching Bubble Gum now and the lead actress grew up with lead actor as the family took her in after her dad died (mom died earlier). While growing up, the lead actor was taking in by the lead actress' dad and practically lived with them.

Though Taeho was cute with his GF, we knew and she knew that deep down Tae Ho was denying his true feelings though he did feel an honest attraction to his GF for that brief moment, his first love affections, care and loyalty for Song Yi would not waver. Even though he tried as he might, it was hard. Though he decided to not pursue it later at the end choosing his friendships he was growing and maturing. Never easy to get endings with bright ribbons tied on top. Real life is not like that and for us Americans who like Happy Endings, I am used to Asian Dramas with no happy endings too though I may not like it.

When I know that they didn't end up together... I didn't watch last ep until today... I feel tlike SY is only using TO  .. I hate sad ending (to those that like TO and SY) ... It's just unfairto TO .. so this drama will be deleted from my HD no matter how much I love it... Just can't watch it again

knowing how it ended... Feel so unfair to TO... so final verdict - Hate it ... huhu ... 

2 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

When I know that they didn't end up together... I didn't watch last ep until today... I feel tlike SY is only using TO  .. I hate sad ending (to those that like TO and SY) ... It's just unfairto TO .. so this drama will be deleted from my HD no matter how much I love it... Just can't watch it again with knowing how it ended... Feel so unfair to TO... so final verdict - Hate it ... huhu ... 

Se Hyun's feeling hurt as Tae Oh focus too much time and feelings for Song Yi and his other friends.  He will do the same for Se Hyun too but anyone in Se Hyun's shoe will also feeling being neglected as well.  Tae Oh is unable to let go and always being there for Song Yi; and hence it is causing conflicts and lots of misunderstanding amongst his friends.

Watch this drama in a light-hearted and kindred spirit of forever friend feelings then you will enjoy it thoroughly. :)

2 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

Se Hyun's feeling hurt as Tae Oh focus too much time and feelings for Song Yi and his other friends.  He will do the same for Se Hyun too but anyone in Se Hyun's shoe will also feeling being neglected as well.  Tae Oh is unable to let go and always being there for Song Yi; and hence it is causing conflicts and lots of misunderstanding amongst his friends.

Watch this drama in a light-hearted and kindred spirit of forever friend feelings then you will enjoy it thoroughly. :)

From the beginning of the ep I think I used the word friendzoned when I did recap. Ha ha. Guess that's what happened.  I love this drama. Everything about this drama.. light not corny, funny not sappy, poignant but not heavy drama. The acting of the 6 cast just right. The writing, the scenes, the story the directing.Every scene is just relatable and natural. And the reviewer for Hancinema is right.. really high quality drama. For a once a week 8 episodes only.. this drama is my sleeper hit. Part of my top 5 for 2015.  My Beautiful Bride. Hello Monster Angry Mom, and this drama, Because It's The First Time. If viewers don't know about this drama or haven't watched this... too bad for them. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I recently made a review on my blog of this wonderful drama! It's a bit rambly but I hope you enjoy it :)

Drama Review: Because It's the First Time

first%2Btime.jpg

Being 20* is an odd time to be in. You're not exactly a teenager who has the freedom without the responsibility, but you're not yet an adult who can live a (moderately) independent life. It's the odd transition between grade school days and work life. It's also a time that doesn't get too much spotlight in dramaland, oddly enough. We often see stories about teens and their angst or adults who have a difficult time being one. Not so much about the inbetweeners. Because It's the First Time attempts to do exactly like its title. A group of 20-year-olds who just graduated out of high school and dipping their toes in the cold, cruel world of adulthood for the first time.

@jongski it really did fell under the radar. I actually watched it because it was a short drama and was looking for something to pass by time while waiting for the new Reply 1988 episode haha but I was pleasantly surprised. A refreshing youth drama for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Park So Dam is nominated for an award in the 52nd Baeksang awards

Best New Actress:
Park So Dam (Because it's the first time, Onstyle)

And she is facing very strong rivals from Cheese in the trap / Reply 1988 so she is kind of a dark horse here.

Archived