Cast:

Fan Bingbing as Yang Guifei
Leon Lai as Emperor Xuanzong of Tang
Wu Chun as Li Mao, Prince of Shou
Joan Chen as Consort Wu
Ning Jing
Steve Boergadine as Tacitus

Synopsis:

A love story between Yang Guifei and Li Longji, also known as Emperor Xuanzong of Tang.

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/WBx_Gq_UCiE

Additional Links:

Lady of the Dynasty 王朝的女人·楊貴妃 Weibo Page

I think Fan Bing Bing's 'Wu Mei Niang' is too deeply engraved in my memory. I see her in this and still think she's Mei Niang. LOL. Looks like this will be a good movie to watch even though the story is an old one. 

I think Fan Bing Bing's 'Wu Mei Niang' is too deeply engraved in my memory. I see her in this and still think she's Mei Niang. LOL. Looks like this will be a good movie to watch even though the story is an old one. 

i know! It felt like I was watching wu mei niang again lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fan Bing Bing must have a thing for Tang Dynasty, I dont think I'll be able to see her as Yang GuFei after "Empress of China", two whole different stories but it feels like the same. I heard there was a buzz regarding a scene in the movie, where they make make-up sex on the horse...

Anyways, I have to consider her the prettiest Yang Gufei up to date :P

Wu Chun disclosed he laid on top of Fan Bingbing's chest

wuchun.jpg

news6.jpg

Taiwanese artiste Wu Chun (吳尊) participated in new movie, Lady of the Dynasty (王朝的女人:楊貴妃) and was present at the promotion campaign in Nanjing. Leon Lai (黎明) and Fan Bingbing (范冰冰) were involved in the riding scene which became the discussion. Despite the host had made it clear that the media was not allowed to ask sensitive questions about the movie, Wu Chun turned on the 'engine' by himself and disclosed he had passionate scenes with Bingbing and the director told him to lie on top of her chest. It became an embarrassing moment.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Guest severus

The casting would have been perfect if there weren't so many similarities with Wu Mei Niang, with both set in the Tang dynasty and Fan Bing Bing as the lead. The fact 张艺谋 is directing is promising though, so hopefully it'll be better than Wu Mei Niang. And hopefully someone will film something about Wang Zhaojun and Xishi before anotherrrrrr Yang Guifei remake. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived