Top 5 Places You Want to Go?

Guest severus

Guest severus

2. INDIAAAAA. LIKE OMG UDAIPUR, LAKE PICHOLA, RAJASTHAN, HAWA MAHAL, JAIPUR, THE AMBER FORT, JAMA MASJID. I already have a rough itinerary for India but none of my friends want to go because they think India is rapey and dirty. Dengue fever's really my only concern about India because I'm a mosquito magnet, and 6 million people are get diagnosed with Dengue every year. And Dengue has no cure/ is possibly fatal.  

Has anyone here ever had Dengue fever? What did you do to survive? 

Udaipur reminds me of an Indian version of Valletta. And I loved Valletta. Standing at the edge of Valletta makes you want to jump into the Mediterranean Sea and die there just so you can stay in Valletta forever. Except I can't commit to going back to Valletta in the near future because there's so many other places in the world to see. If I could, I'd grow old with Valletta.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sarangsherii

1) South Korea

2) Japan

3) Thailand

4) Hawaii

5) Beijing 

I'm going to Taiwan this Fall so that crosses out one of my places to go ^_^

Guest severus

Why? Travelling alone is such a treat! You decide things in a split second and just go. Or you don't decide anything at all and see where your two feet get you. @MissAria

I would love to travel, but I don't want to do it alone...

Travelling alone is liberating. It builds independence, confidence and decision-making/planning skills. If you keep waiting for people to go with you, you might end up not going anywhere at all.

Since I'm already in my favorite place, Japan. I'll do another list!

1. Scotland (I love how it enchanted the place looks!)

2. Germany (aside from being a fan of German Football clubs, there is so many beautiful places to see in Germany)

3. New Zealand (Lord of the Rings :D)

4. United Kingdom

5. Austria 

Guest severus

Ahhhh Scotland. Edinburg is soooooo gorgeous, and Aberdeen Castle on the edge of the sea is simply breath taking. 

My Top 5

1. Hawaii

2. Switzerland

3. Montreal, Canada

4. Colorado, U.S.A.

5. Maldives

One of these days ill have a great holiday in all these places but for the time being I'll go to where ever is cheap. Current holidays plan is Thailand for december and Nanjing, China tomorrow. =) 

Guest severus

Remember to share your Nanjing experience @edidi! I've always wanted to go because it's such a significant part of Chinese history, but then I always end up going to the more scenic, less industrialized parts of China. 

1. China

I was born in China but I lived in America since I was a year old. Lately I've been getting into Chinese history especially the Tang Dynasty. I want to see the Great Wall and of course, go to the countryside and see pandas. I might have an obsession with bears...

2. Hong Kong

I grew up watching Hong Kong dramas and would like to see if I could survive speaking Cantonese there. My Canto needs a lot of improvement.

3. Japan

In high school I started to obsess over anime/manga and their subcultures are so interesting. Of course, I also want to learn the history of Japan.

4. London

Um...I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan by which I mean, the original books. I also love Poirot and Agatha Christie books in general. England also has a bloody history I have an interest in.

5. Rainforests (or anywhere I could observe animals in their natural habitats)

My elementary school teacher would bring us down to the school library and allow us to look for only one book to borrow. I still remember the shelf containing the animal books diagonal to the library entrance. Of course I was the one who always took out one book on dolphins or whichever animals I was currently interested in that time. Jane Goodall was kinda my hero but not really...I didn't have any heroes growing up but that's another subject. I have a fear of insects though. :crazy:

I pretty much want to go anywhere people would welcome me as long as that place has something interesting to offer.

Guest severus

@halfmoonsmile  

If you're interested in the Tang Dynasty, definitely pay Xi'an a visit. My favourite dynasty has always been the Western Han Dynasty (after the Qin ended and the country once again broke up into warring states). Xi'an (Chang'an back then) had been the political centre from Han till Ming, so I always feel like there's more historical significance (and a lot more stories) in Xi'an than Beijing. 

Chinese war history :wub: , I could go on forever about Chinese war history..... If you're into the Tang Dynasty because of the new Empress Wu show starring Fan Bing Bing... that show is full of crap lmao. 

hm.. top 5 places i longing to visit:

Greece : i really want to visit Santorini and all those amazing temples there.

Northern Hemisphere countries : to see Aurora Borealis

Rome/Italy/Vatican : you see The Da Vinci Code movie? all those buildings? yeah, definitely want to go there

Philippines : want to go to all beautiful beaches on the National Geography pages.

tie between Japan and Korea : to see my idols?? :P fair enough hahaha   

@halfmoonsmile  

If you're interested in the Tang Dynasty, definitely pay Xi'an a visit. My favourite dynasty has always been the Western Han Dynasty (after the Qin ended and the country once again broke up into warring states). Xi'an (Chang'an back then) had been the political centre from Han till Ming, so I always feel like there's more historical significance (and a lot more stories) in Xi'an than Beijing. 

Chinese war history :wub: , I could go on forever about Chinese war history..... If you're into the Tang Dynasty because of the new Empress Wu show starring Fan Bing Bing... that show is full of crap lmao. 

yeh my parents just finished watching that.

I should get back into that. I used to devour Chinese history books by the shelf load

Guest severus

@halfmoonsmile  

I should get back into that. I used to devour Chinese history books by the shelf load

I've been reading Sima Qian's 史记 for the last year, and it might not be as accurate as history books written by modern day historians, but there's this poeticism to ancient Chinese writing. 

Trying to get my hands on an old book on the Emperor Guangwu (Liu Xiu) has been a pain. There's copies of 后汉书 online but I'm not a fan of reading on a computer screen. 

@halfmoonsmile  

I've been reading Sima Qian's 史记 for the last year, and it might not be as accurate as history books written by modern day historians, but there's this poeticism to ancient Chinese writing. 

Trying to get my hands on an old book on the Emperor Guangwu (Liu Xiu) has been a pain. There's copies of 后汉书 online but I'm not a fan of reading on a computer screen. 

going for the big guns I see. It takes me forever to read in Chinese particularly as I prefer to read traditional script. There's a great deal of romanticism in reading in the "true" form of Chinese

Guest severus

Do you find that there's a difference in difficulty between reading in traditional and simplified text? I find the both very interchangeable except when writing by hand, which is a whollleeeeeee other story. Digital text is just a matter of keyboard choice lol. 

Archived