Gong Seung Yeon Reveals How Soccer Influenced Her Stage Name

Gong Seung Yeon recently had a photo shoot for the July issue of @star1 with the concept "Shine Through." The full photo shoot and interview will be released on June 19. During the interview the actress is asked, "Your birth name is Yoo Seung Yeon. Why did you change your last name?" The star answers, "During the Brazil World Cup, my agency's employees were watching a game. Someone said, 'Soccer ball? Ball (pronounced Gong in Korean)? Gong Seung Yeon? How about Gong Seung Yeon?'" She continues, "At first I was dumbfounded, but I eventually became Gong Seung Yeon" and laughs. Later she is asked about what it was like to work with actress Go Ah Sung. She replies, "We are the same age, but I learned a lot from her. I especially received a lot of help from her during scenes where I acted with her. I made a resolution to become an actress like her." Meanwhile, more about Gong Seung Yeon's trainee life and other stories will be revealed in the July issue. You can see more of the actress in MBC's "We Got Married." Source (1)

View the full article

Archived