EXID's Solji Sheds Tears as She Recalls Being Discouraged from Becoming an Idol

On the latest episode of "Weekly Idol," EXID'Solji shed tears thinking back on a painful memory. After the members picked her as the one who cries the most in the group, MC Jung Hyung Don asked her why she cries so much. She answered, "I think it's because I have so much built up, as I've gone through a lot." When Jung Hyun Don asked her to pick one memory she wishes she could forget, she told a story about an instance when she was discouraged from becoming an idol. "One director once told me, when I was a vocal trainer, that I should just stick to singing. He said, 'You should just sing. You aren't suited to being an idol.'" She further continued, "Then he asked me if I'd like to be introduced to an idol agency. But after making that offer, he said, 'Oh, but wait, if you are already 24 years old, you have to look at least like Goo Hara.'" She teared up while telling the story, but soon regained her composure with the supportive words of her group members and the MC's. Source: (1) See also: EXID’s Hani Moved to Tears by Bandmate Solji’s Performance on “Mask King” [yesasia link="http://www.yesasia.com/us/exid-mini-album-vol-2/1039151014-0-0-0-en/info.html" title="EXID Mini Album Vol. 2"]album-exid[/yesasia]

View the full article

Archived