Song Il Gook Talks Success of the Triplets' Calendar

Actor Song Il Gook mentioned in an interview that he was surprised that the triplets' calendar was so successful. The entertainment news show "Entertainment Weekly" interviewed the actor for their latest episode, going behind-the-scenes on a commercial shoot with the actor and his three children, Daehan, Mingook, and Manse. During the interview, the actor was asked about donating all profits from the calendar. "Before selling the calendars, I talked to my wife. I told her that it will probably sell over 10,000 copies, and she thought nobody was going to buy them. We sold 100,000 copies in 24 hours. We didn't know it was going to be so successful." He also commented on donating the profits from the triplets' emoticon sales. "We decided to donate the profits from the messenger emoticon too, but the profit from that is 10 times larger than what we thought it was going to be." He jokingly added, "I don't know why we decided to do that." He then clarified his last statement, saying, "We're getting paid to be on the program already. Since we're still getting everything we need, we also need to help other people." song il gook entertainment weekly Source: (1) See also: Song Triplets Are Fearless Fishermen on “Superman Returns”

View the full article

Archived