Yoo Hee Yeol Apologizes for a Sexual Comment During Concert

TOY's Yoo Hee Yeol has apologized for a sexual comment he made during his concert. On April 6, he posted a message with the title "Everyone, thank you very much" on TOY's website. The message said, "Although it was a space for just us, I am very sorry tonight to the people who were disappointed and uncomfortable with my thoughtless actions and comments." He was apologizing for a controversial comment that he made on the second night of his concert that was held from April 2 to April 4. He had said, "To the women in the front row, please spread your legs while I'm performing so I can get strength. I don't mean this another way, just that you should listen to the music with your hearts wide open." During the concert, Yoo Hee Yeol apologized for this comment, "If there are any adults here, I apologize. I said it because I felt too comfortable with the fans that I've been with for so long. I'm sorry." However, the comment had already spread around through social media and became a controversy. In the post that he made on the official website, he said, "My heart is heavy with embarrassment, realizing that even old, cherished memories can be destroyed with one word, and with the thought that I should keep this etched into my heart as long as I live. I'm very sorry." Netizens who attended the concert remain split on the issue, some saying that he went overboard while others say that he was making a joke using his 'emotion pervert' image. Source (1)

View the full article

Archived