The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

Cherryblossom18

Guest dream-maker

yeah, she's been loyal alright but almost to a fault cuz her label/management sure hasn't spent the resources to promote her like she deserves. -_-

It's just speculation & assumptions on our part but I highly doubt she's had lipo done. She's such a bicycle fanatic & loves riding her bike everywhere & she's said it keeps her legs toned & shapely. plus those marks look much smaller & also it's PopSeoul which is just a gossip blog anyway & they've been less than kind to CY over the years with all kinds of hater articles. <_<

btw, I forgot to welcome you to the thread earlier. So welcome dream-maker! :D

Thanks for the welcome.... Bulgogi88! (By the way I love bulgogi, lol)

I agree with you that Chae Yeon isn't promoted enough, but that's kinda why I like her. Its annoying when a celebrity is promoted everywhere and I find you get tired of them fast. She also seems very humble and genuine, despite being a celebrity and all... Like I said, the procedure thing is just an assumption. I always give people the benefit of the doubt if there's no proof... anyways I think her whole body looks more toned these days. It looks like she's lost a lot of weight overall, not just her legs.

I also heard that Seo In Young will soon comeback a couple days after CY... along with Son Dambi and Kan Mi Yeon already in the music scene... There's going to be some fierce competition among female solo singers. Hopefully CY comes out on top! hehe.... Also, I noticed actress Park Shi Yeon is now the face of Bequem. Is CY still the owner of the brand? I really hope so, cuz I love the bequem hand bags...

Guest maryosei

I just read that Park shi yeon is the main model for Bequem but am not really for sure if she is also the owner.

I believe that picture was done by kcharmony for Yeonie just for fun. He posted it up on twitter and she retweeted it. She made a joke after saying something like he was using her picture without her permission. Kekee

thank goodness! :phew:

I agree! I stopped going to a bunch of blogs because they are very mean to Yeonie. They only cater to their favourite singers. It makes me very mad because they say really cruel things I can't even talk about here. The comments within the blogs are even more ridiculous. Popseoul is one of the ones I believe is just promoting pure hatred.

yeah it just gets tiring reading the same hateful comments all the time, so I stopped visiting some of those blogs too. It's one thing to read ridiculous comments posted by anti-fans or whoever (it's kinda expected that people will troll) but I find it annoying when articles are posted on these blogs that are written in a way that lures the reader into thinking they are impartial or factual when it's just opinionated gossip.

Thanks for the welcome.... Bulgogi88! (By the way I love bulgogi, lol)

I agree with you that Chae Yeon isn't promoted enough, but that's kinda why I like her. Its annoying when a celebrity is promoted everywhere and I find you get tired of them fast. She also seems very humble and genuine, despite being a celebrity and all... Like I said, the procedure thing is just an assumption. I always give people the benefit of the doubt if there's no proof... anyways I think her whole body looks more toned these days. It looks like she's lost a lot of weight overall, not just her legs.

I also heard that Seo In Young will soon comeback a couple days after CY... along with Son Dambi and Kan Mi Yeon already in the music scene... There's going to be some fierce competition among female solo singers. Hopefully CY comes out on top! hehe.... Also, I noticed actress Park Shi Yeon is now the face of Bequem. Is CY still the owner of the brand? I really hope so, cuz I love the bequem hand bags...

haha, bulgogi was the first Korean food I ever ate...so I guess my first exposure to Korean culture was thru the food & I might not be into kpop if it wasn't for bulgogi. :lol:

yeah, I like that fact that she isn't that heavily promoted thru out Korea either. In fact, I haven't seen her in any major ads or CFs other than when she was the face of that soju company for awhile when "Two of Us" was everywhere. She soon (if she isn't already) might be a more familiar face & popular in China than she ever was in Korea.

yup a lot of comebacks this time of year & a lot of other artists to steal the limelight too, so we better hope that CY can comeback with a major hit to put her back on the map.

I haven't checked the Bequem site in ages but I haven't heard any news that CY is no longer the CEO of the company or that she left & I think if she did it would've made the Korean news somewhere & I haven't seen anything yet. Like maryosei mentioned, PSY is prolly just a contracted model to be the face of Bequem.

^ yeah he is a composer, lyricist & producer & in addition to producing CY's albums, he has worked with a lot of fellow CJ Media artists like Kim Gun Mo, DJ Koo/CLON, Lee Jung, Hong Kyung Min & produced big hits for them too.

http://music.cyworld.com/artist.asp?aid=9477&jt=album&jt2=Join&jt3=&jt4=Release&pn=1

CY recently tweeted with the HaHaMong Show, so I'm hoping she'll record for that program too. ;)

couple of Chinese mobile phone ads...her legs look so skinny in the 2nd one :blink:

nywfix.jpg

2v2fqqg.jpg

credit: baidu bar

Haven't posted here in ages ... but I do lurk as I'm looking forward to her comeback as well.

Wanted to share that she twittered to Kahi, who's been getting flack for liking tall guys by netizens, who twittered she was sorry to the people who were angry and hurt by the comment.

ChaeYeon wrote: 왜!!!!! 머가 죄송행!!! 싫다고 말한게아닌데~ 좋은걸 좋다했는데 왜!!! 꿈보다 해몽이라고... 참... 어렵군 누군가의 해몽이 누군가에게는 악몽이 되버리는게.. 안따깝다 ㅠ

From the really awful place that is google translate, I got that CY felt that Kahi didn't need to apologize and that people will always interpret what people say based on their dream or nightmare.

Anyhoo, Kahi tweeted her back saying "Thank You Onnie" and that she's strengthened from her support.

gogi, you're right, her legs look really skinny... too much photoshop i think :P

other than that, she looks great in the pics

Dori

nice to see you back!!

Yeonie is so nice... she has had to deal with antis since their debut, she knows what to do and she's really strong.

it's really nice of her to give some advice and support to Kahi. Yeonie's a great sunbae :)

maryosei

yeah,l i was thinking about that too... only 4 days for her comeback but we haven't seen the teaser or anything.

Guest ~*RiKa*~

that's so sweet of her :wub: soppurting Kahi like that but it's not a surprise after all

Yeonie is one of the sweetest people i have ever known ^_^

I doubt there will be an MV teaser since she has only 4 days more for her comeback.

didn't she mention something about releasing a teaser in the message she wrote to Dangerous fan club???

Guest nhocsieuquay

I just hope that she'll leave her company and move to another. Her company didn't think new and just choose wrong way to pr her. >"< Style's still the same with 5 album >"<. Even she's hot but it's not enough to win like before. :(

Guest maryosei

please dont say that you are freaking me out she is gonna be fine as long as her songs are catchy and good ok. look at son dambi i was really disappointed about her album but she is still doing great on the chart so hope for the best and think positive my dear. she gonna have a successful comeback even if you think otherwise.

Guest energywen

I agree with you that Chae Yeon isn't promoted enough, but that's kinda why I like her. Its annoying when a celebrity is promoted everywhere and I find you get tired of them fast. She also seems very humble and genuine, despite being a celebrity and all...

I just hope that she'll leave her company and move to another. Her company didn't think new and just choose wrong way to pr her. >"< Style's still the same with 5 album >"<. Even she's hot but it's not enough to win like before. :(

I am going to say something that's going to get disagreed by some of you here, but here's what I feel.

TBH, I don't want her to leave her company. I would say the people in her company are the ones whom she's comfortable working together with. They know what works best for her, and her opinions are taken into consideration for a far deal. Especially because in her company, she seemed to be the only one who's making money. If she joins another company (and most likely a bigger one), there will be others there who will be making more and in comparison, it would make her less needed in a way. The new people do not know her style of working and alot more time n effort will be needed to get to know how everyone works in the new company instead of focusing on bringing out a better album and performances for her and her fans.

Style is same as the previous albums. Why? Because its this style that's selling. With the exception of Hyori (who had Fin.KL working for her career), not many stars remain in the sexy style after they hit 30. Chaeyeon is good in this genre and the public knows it. We don't see crazy sales for her album because 1stly, she isn't an 'idol'. We dont have much of those fans that groups get now. People who gets her album thinks its good, and usually its the general public(and I am proud of her for winning public's support for her works). Honestly, I don't know if a change of style will work for her. Her existing fans might not accept the change, or the change might not work well with the public. Her songs are played in lots of clubs in Korea (which generates income for her as well) and that brings her song out to the public.

Not promoted enough...? I think she's promoted a lot for a non-idolgroup artiste. Her upcoming schedules see her lined up for all major music shows (MNET SBS KBS MBC) and so many varieties (SGB, Star King, Happy Sat, Chocolate, Change the world Quiz...). She had always been on almost all the variety shows when she comes back and on the music shows. If you mean being a regular on shows, its not really up to her or her company to decide, but more like if the offer is given to her by the station. We all want her to win some award, but I don't know if to her, winning is that important anymore. Winning now on those shows' charts require a lot of viewers' voting. And we know how much idolgroups' fans would vote usually...

And...she is humble and genuine and everything awesome that you can ever imagine. ^^ I would know. Hahahaha.

Guest nhocsieuquay

I know the fact that she is the only one who make money of her company now. But I'm really pissed off with her new company. You can see how her company worked for all 3 lastest album (third love, my love and shake). >"< Even she has maded alot of attention but it's not enough!

Her style's good but it's still the same for 5 albums that make anothers boring. I've tried so best to introduce her song for all my friends. They liked but they all said >"<

She's is one of gasso that still join a lot of variety shows, and I'm proud of it. But u can see how another singer makes affort in charts now aday? U can see some variety shows, when they compare her with anothers, I feel sorry for her :(( :(( :((

I just want they please try their best to make her bright.

@energywen:I'm totally agrees but ... she's to be bright more than now.

^

Well... I agree with wenting. we have discussed this issue before, and even when we all want Yeonie to do better on charts and be more recognized, the thing is that she's too loyal and humble to move to another company.

She's been with her company since the beginig, if I'm not mistaken. I like that about her. she's loyal to the company, to her friends and fans and also to her music style.

Yeonie has the chance to choose the songs she wants to include in the albums. I'm sure she'll never sing a song she doesn't like. And even when the sexy concept was given to her for her debut, she has said before she's pretty comfortable with it. I doubt Yeonie's considered changing the concept, and when she did, she delayed her comeback and changed the concept back to the sexy one.

Chae Yeon has a loyal fan base in China (Rainbow rocks!) and she's gaining fans in other countries of Asia. Her public in Korea is, I believe, an older public. She doesn't aim for fans who are also fans of idol groups. Those are usually younger and.. well, they have different a taste :P

My experience is different. I introduced Yeonie's music to some of my friends and they absolutely loved it!

My friends think Yeonie is a goddess :lol: Seriously, they love her, her songs, her style, her personality... her shoes :lol:

And I'm so not getting tired of her music! ;)

She should comeback this time with a hit like My Love. I didn't like it that much at first, it had a "latino feeling" that I don't enjoy at all (probably because I live in Latinamerica? :P) but... it grew on me ^^ It was original (as much as it can be considering it's pop :lol:) and different from other singers and groups. Besides... she looked hot as hell!! and then, she released My Love Remix, which I LOVE!! The whole lighting sticks thing was pretty cool ;)

So, yeah. I liked that comeback... hot and different ;)

sorry for the long post and not so good English :lol:

Guest energywen

^

^ You do know with more attention, there will be more antis as well right? And I dont know if you know about Chaeyeon's antis in the past, and what I want for her now is never to touch that ground ever again. Personally I LOVE Third Love and I think it's very different from My Love and Shake. My Love is an awesome song, and Shake is cool as well, though not as impressive.

What exactly do you mean by "u can see how another singer makes affort in charts now aday"? I dont really get that line. ^^

--

Like what not_popular said, Chaeyeon's fanbase is very different from the idolgroups that we see topping the charts now. And with that, we cannot expect what's happening with them to happen and work out for Chaeyeon. I would love to see what are the difference with this comeback and the previous one, working around the general concept of sexiness. To be able to have so many different concepts surrounding sexiness....I think the company is kinda awesome already.

That said, I want a better MV. LOL. (:

Guest amura

Haven't posted here in ages ... but I do lurk as I'm looking forward to her comeback as well.

Wanted to share that she twittered to Kahi, who's been getting flack for liking tall guys by netizens, who twittered she was sorry to the people who were angry and hurt by the comment.

ChaeYeon wrote: 왜!!!!! 머가 죄송행!!! 싫다고 말한게아닌데~ 좋은걸 좋다했는데 왜!!! 꿈보다 해몽이라고... 참... 어렵군 누군가의 해몽이 누군가에게는 악몽이 되버리는게.. 안따깝다 ㅠ

From the really awful place that is google translate, I got that CY felt that Kahi didn't need to apologize and that people will always interpret what people say based on their dream or nightmare.

Anyhoo, Kahi tweeted her back saying "Thank You Onnie" and that she's strengthened from her support.

thank u for translating this , its so nice of cy to support kahi :)

i do wish she was in a better company but since she is comfortable with this one then its her choice , i'll try my best to support yeonie :)

i hope the teaser will come out tomorrow , i can't wait :D and strong heart 'll air tomorrow!!

Guest energywen

The exact tweet;

Why!!!!!! Why do you apologize!!! It's not that you said you hate it~ it's good things you said, why!!! Rather than dreams, deciphering dreams...really...difficult. Letting who decipher the dreams, who can make it into a nightmare.. Wasted ㅠ

To explain it abit cus it made more sense in Korean (and bc i do direct translation as usual which is kinda messy);

Chaeyeon is saying that what Gahee said on the show is not a degrading thing so why should she apologize? The use of dreams here is actually meaning words. Its saying that when someone speaks, the person who listens to it can choose to see it as a good (dreams) or bad (nightmare) statement.

Its cool to see them close and supporting each other in such tough times. ^^ Go Chaeyeon, go Gahee. ^^