The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

Cherryblossom18

Guest viethuong

i agre with you. totally agree!

i like the fact that she does what she really wants to do and she keeps the image she wants. she has said before that she's a tomboy at home, but she likes to be sexy on stage, she feels comfortable with it. she won't do something she doesn't want to, and that's something rare and unusual lately...

her company isn't big at all, but it wasn't an impediment for Chae Yeon to achieve great things and we are all proud of that.

the album is so good!! i like it... love it! hope she sings one of the ballads on music shows.

Chae Yeon has nice ballads, but she doesn't promote them enough. well, yeah, i know she's known for her dance songs, but promoting the ballads she could show a different side of her ;)

Totally with you not_popular, and Dori too ;) .

Shake wasnt my 1st fav song in this album, but for now I love it, I realized that it's really catchy, and bringing out her new music style. She always innovates herself, i mean her music style (otherwise her fashion style too :P ). From vol.1, vol.2, vol.3 to vol.4 and now the mini album, I can feel the new-fangled music that I am never tired of its.

Yup, I want she promote the ballads too, and I hope she will sing track 7. Lol, Shake isnt my 1st fav song because of Track 7. Well, this song brought emotion to me, and I cant stop hearing it. I think Yeonie can become a famous ballad singer with this song.

Guest Dori

I do admire loyalty, but CY use to have a somewhat classy and sexy image, but this new album, makes her look like a smoker and a party addict, not classy at all! I'm sure a bigger more elite entertainment company would think of a better image than that for our CY unnie... that why I'm upset at her management... I know she could do better. You say she is more at ease mentally with her tiny company, but CY is going to get married and probably start a family one day. Do you really think she'll be at ease knowing that her future kids will will eventually come across her latest mv? I will always support CY... sorry if I sound negative, I'm just upset at her management, not her. I can't blame her for choosing to be loyal to her management, because that shows what a good person she is outside of the spotlight.... but I am really disappointed that this is how company decides to repay her loyalty! :/

I don't think that her management lets her keep the image she wants... Just a year ago, CY said she wanted to get married soon and tone down the sexy image, which her management is not letting her do. They originally did, by trying for a more cute/sexy image like Hyori's U-Go-Girl, but decided not to in the last minute... but I do agree that the ballads the album are pretty good. :)

I dunno, but speaking as a woman as old as Chae Yeon is right now and reflecting back on her body of work - there isn't anything there that I wouldn't be proud to show any of my (future) kids. How you become a good parent is being able to show your kids that you had a life before them, and that it was awesome so they can have dreams themselves. Because the image on stage and the person you are at home are two very different things - kids generally are very uninterested in the lives of their parents.

As for being pushed one way or the other - who knows what went on in that meeting where they decided on whatever they decided on. I'm sure she had a say in the matter and went with the most effective marketing strategy. We can't help it if sexy sells more than cute on an international scale because it does. In the entertainment biz we always refer to is at 'Shameless Whoring' - whoring in terms of being able to put yourself out there in a somewhat provocative way. I know it's not the most PC of terms, but really, in entertainment there IS a certain amount of whoring which is acceptable. Besides, there really ISN'T anything wrong or unlawful with partying (in moderation) or smoking (apart that it's bad for your health.)

I gather you're more disappointed that you didn't like her latest effort, which is ok, you're fully entitled to feeling that way - taste is very subjective when it comes to the arts. Sometimes I feel disappointed when my favorite artists just miss the mark as well - but I learn to accept their choices and support them regardless. At this point in her career, Chae Yeon's no puppet.

Anyhoo, fellow CY geriatric fan Nebs and I are still sexy at our ages and I certainly don't plan to stop it anytime soon.

Guest Zybird

I have watched her comeback performance many times now. The Ooh la lah song was ok. But Shake was something you have to mention about. It was so good. I love the choregraph, not to hard, not to easy but catchy. I bet, many people will try to learn her dance. :)

Concerning the management company, I will not judge anyting until her MV comes out. However, in my opinion, stay at the place the Yeonie feels the most comfatable is the first priority that needed to be concerned. The size of the company doesn't matter. Sometimes being in a small company has an advantage as well. One can easily sense the touch of family in a small company; small but cozy. I think CJ Media can offer this feeling to Yeonie and that's why she doesn't change the company.

I love the fact that Yeonie has been offered by the bigger offer and she rejected it. She is so awesome. Money is not everything, right.

The more I learn toknow about Yeonie, the more the grow attach on her.

Can't wait for her performance on Inkigayo tonight.

Best wishes to Yeonie.

her company isn't big at all, but it wasn't an impediment for Chae Yeon to achieve great things and we are all proud of that.

her tiny little company & management are no dummies...they had the foresight to see that the saturated Kpop market in Korea was limited in its potential for growth and helped CY into making inroads into the Chinese market. We all know she has a loyal following there and they are expanding her presence into SE Asia as well...isn't Hyori just starting to do that now?

thanks Dori & np for typing out what's on my mind.

<3

Props f.E.M. for re-opening MOOGONFLY...yup another shameless plug. :P

You say she is more at ease mentally with her tiny company, but CY is going to get married and probably start a family one day. Do you really think she'll be at ease knowing that her future kids will will eventually come across her latest mv?

Do you actually believe from watching 30 secs of that teaser vid for "Shake" it's that much worse than the "two of us" MV?...I mean that teaser prolly showed all the 'sexiest' scenes to garner buzz & I found it mild compared to "two of us"...i don't know how you can presume to know CY's mindset regarding how her future children will react to her MV?

I don't think that her management lets her keep the image she wants... Just a year ago, CY said she wanted to get married soon and tone down the sexy image, which her management is not letting her do. They originally did, by trying for a more cute/sexy image like Hyori's U-Go-Girl, but decided not to in the last minute... but I do agree that the ballads the album are pretty good. :)

Again like Dori mentioned, how do you know that CY didn't have any say in the concept of the mini album & her image? You used to post some translations of articles on CY from the Korean media into English on here, perhaps you need to do that again to enlighten us, because it is obvious you are privy to information the rest of us don't know.

aish... Yeonie's comeback was supposed to be a good thing, something we could happily talk about, but instead........

let's stop the drama, ok? if you want to say something bad about Chae Yeon, then go to allkpop or soulbeats or some of those sites. i'm sure they have more than enough room for you.

Inkigayo is coming!!

i'm curious about the outfit... will she use the same one but different color or something?

:rolleyes:

wanna be sexy and hot when i'm 30, just like Chae Yeon! ... and Dori and Nebs... :lol: (seriously...)

Guest vision

I don't know why there is so much negativity regarding her teaser.

When I watched it I was excited to see more of it. Like, come on folks it was only 30 seconds.

30 seconds does not make her a richard simmons. argh! (directed to anti-fans =P)

I really like the new album and I thought she did a good job on music core.

Her perf will definitely get better once she performs her single more.

Koo's t-shirt was funny too. I want to see more of the MV. =D

let's stop the drama, ok? if you want to say something bad about Chae Yeon, then go to allkpop or soulbeats or some of those sites. i'm sure they have more than enough room for you.

Agree! These blogs definitely have the hate for CY.

I think everybody chuckled at DJ Koo's t-shirt. But I love that he wore it and rocked it.

I just have a lot of respect for Chae Yeon because she is classy first. She knows how to be sexy with integrity.

But I do admit, the choreography on her comeback performance is completely whack. The chorus dance is just repeated and loses all meaning it could have scraped up for a half defense. She's proven she has the 'booty shakin' capabilities, she can have a great routine if they would give her a real choreographer.

I loved seeing Chae Yeon and DJ Koo together. From the beginning you can just feel their friendship and that just boosted the aura from the get go.

I hope she has many more performances ahead for us.

Guest antinh85

Yea DJ koo is so cute. Sometimes i wish they were a couple.hahah

Her performance was really good, she really mastered the whole singing live thing.

I feel like the minority here.lolz The reason why some are disappointed or myself with the album is because we want to see a change in a way. I mean from her 4 albums, we had already the upmost sexy side of her. This time i was hoping she would go another route because it has been so long since she came back.

Plus the songs were not as catching as i had expected. Her first few albums. Just listening to the songs the first time, i instantly grew to love it. This album, it's like i had to listen to it a couple times then i grew to like it. The european mix, feel, of the song is rather ordnary for me. They should have given her better songs.

I dont mean to be negative but i am just being realistic. I am her big fan but i'm not gonna lie and say that i think she'll be successful with this album. I am sure that her performances with get people to love it but the internet leak will def. put a hole in the sales of the album.

yeah, DJ Koo and Chae Yeon are really close! i remember this episode of jihwaza where both were guests and they made fun of each other and started to reveal secrets of each other haha! :lol: they are fun together!

and i also remember a picture of them together with Yeonie's mom at a jewelry store. he must be like a son for Yeonie's mom ^^

people who wants to buy the album will buy it even if they downloaded it already. i won't be that worried about the sales, besides, it's not like that affected to Chae Yeon only, that happens all over the world.

artists make money with live performances, not with the album sales. that's money for the company. if they buy enough, then they sign another contract, if not... then good bye.

i think Yeonie sales enough to keep the company alive, so, what's the problem?

the album wasn't a disappointment for me. i was waiting for good dance songs, and she gave me that ;) i also wanted some ballads, and the album has 2 great ballads.

Yeonie is back looking hot and beautiful, what else can i ask for?

her last album was great too, but it took me a while to love it. especially the song "my love"... it had the "latino" feeling that i don't really like. i mean, i'm chilean, i'm latina, so i'm kinda tired of it. i liked "butak" better, but i guess i'm the only one :lol: i think the remix was better than the original :phew:

"clumsy love" is so good! still listen to it... a lot!

sometimes it takes more time to get used to the songs, sometimes you just love the album right away.

This time i was hoping she would go another route because it has been so long since she came back.

what route? the cute fever, for example? yeah, and people would be saying she's too old to be cute.

ok, then maybe... rock? "omg! she's been singing pop songs for years and now she wants to be a rocker?"

what about a balladist? "what is she thinking? she can't sing! remember the oh so trashy outfits she wore 2 years ago and now she wants us to believe she can sell albums without showing some skin?"

haters... well, they hate and bash, that's what they do best. i'm relieved she didn't changed her style.

omg... what a long post.

don't blame you people if you don't want to read it! haha!

:lol:

edit:

shaked a page! ^_^

we are so close to the 600 pages ^^

I like (track 5) Byeonsim the most. I also like (track 1) Heundeullyeo and (track 2 )Ooh La La. But that's it.

I never seem to like her remixes. DJ Koo did do a good job, I give props to him. But I find his repeating the same two lines throughout the song annoying.

Guest antinh85

^

I get what you meant and you are totally right. I quess everybody has different taste. IT's just for me, if i like someone i want to see them change once in awhile or i get bore. Seeing CY in her sexy image has been driven to a different road for me.

I was really hoping she would do more ballads. I really loved her "han saram" song. I was hoping for a second sequel of that. Sadly enough..

I should cut her some slack. Maybe, I am too obssessed with Son Dam bi and Sori at the moment. Their sexiness is rather tastefully done in the mvs and their dance . In my mind, i always compare them with CY because they are in the same catagory.

I hope CY mv will get better.

I'm happy that Yeonie is finally back! I have to agree though, it was quite annoying that the MC's were taking the spotlight from Yeonie even though they were trying to create a higher level for the atmosphere. I was hoping for some energetic dance able to show Yeonie's amazing dancing skills...guess not. But thats okay! :) Hopefully, she'll have some special dance stage soon! :lol: For her ballads, I prefer track 7! Its just <3!!

Can't wait to see her Inkigayo come back!!! I didn't really like the setting of the music core stage....

Other guests that will be performing on Inkigayo tonight is ..2PM, JunJin, After School, Davichi, Seeya, SG Wannabe etc..

Maybe Yeonie will feature in 2PM's performance again....haha :D

Guest Capucinoo

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

Today in Inkigayo She comes with a set of black. today she sing very well

She lovely and very sexy. People call out the name she very much.

Today is the day I am extremely happy. :lol:

CHAE YEON FIGHTING

Guest pamilk

today,

CY got many fan club and she so good show but it just a song so short. i'd like more than.

And today good stylish, i like this suite. CY so sexy with long hair. But she not smile same old show when she comeback.

on MY LOVE's comeback, CY looked like happy more than now. i hope CY be happy soon.

i like when she smile.

YEONNIE FIGHTING !!!!!!!!!!