The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

Cherryblossom18

according the HANTEO sales chart, chae yeon sold about 945+ albums already. I hope the sales will go higher when Chae Yeon promotes it more T_T

That's fast for 2 days!! the chart record the sale from 2007.03.27 - 2007.04.02

Guest paigehk

I got nosebleed watching My Love Mv (usually it only happened when i watched hot guys)...haha

She's so hot and pretty. The MV is really nice.

I got all hyper watching it...

Guest kayem7289

Wait...900 is good in Korean sales right? Because that seems really low, but I guess it's a lot over there.

Go Chae Yeon!

Guest pinklegirl007

900 albums.... that's a lot considering its only been a few days, and Chae Yeon's only promotion has been her come back... I'm sure once she starts coming back on variety shows and more performances, it should go way up! I can't wait for her next performance!!

Wait...900 is good in Korean sales right? Because that seems really low, but I guess it's a lot over there.

Go Chae Yeon!

i think 900+ is good cuz it's only 2 days. Ivy(1st on the list) got 3000+ sales, but that's 7 days and she've already promoted her album quite a while now

Guest happy.birthday

Do you guys know what is that song playing in that background in the behind the scenes of her mv during her kiss scene in this clip? http://youtube.com/watch?v=wU_GScrto10

^ check it later for u

now busy watching inki gayo...LOL

So um... i might have missed the post or something but did anyone find what the song is called? I'm pretty sure it's chae yeon's voice but i can't seem to find what song it is.

Guest vietblue99

So um... i might have missed the post or something but did anyone find what the song is called? I'm pretty sure it's chae yeon's voice but i can't seem to find what song it is.

The song it's called Favor. (You're talking about the song that she performed before the My Love performance on SBS Inkigayo, right?) I'm not sure which track it is on her album though. Nevermind, I have no idea actually. Sorry but yah that's definitely her voice. She's so cute in the making of the My Love clips though.

Guest energywen

the 1st slow song is han saram.

the 2nd one is definately my love~~

butak mv out in [yeon!] forum

personally i dun reli like dat mv cus only dance. -0-"

looks like a "how to dance butak" mv...LOL

and it's black n white... -0-"

but...froget it..let's not grumble. at least her mv is coming out... -0-"

Guest vietblue99

the 1st slow song is han saram.

the 2nd one is definately my love~~

butak mv out in [yeon!] forum

personally i dun reli like dat mv cus only dance. -0-"

looks like a "how to dance butak" mv...LOL

and it's black n white... -0-"

but...froget it..let's not grumble. at least her mv is coming out... -0-"

Wow another mv already? It's only been a couple days since the release of the My Love Mv? I'm guessing Chae Yeon won't be promoting in Korea that long. Maybe a couple months and than off to China huh?

edit

I own another pg in here. Once again I have nothing to share sorry.

Guest energywen

she was suppose to be gg to china in may for promos...but it prolly delay alittle cus her album got delay n delay. will be waiting for the manager to inform me of the dates...and make my own arrangement to disappear from school and go china.. >"<

and the mv is obviously at the same set for my love...and it's storyline-less. all dance. -0-" i would wan to c a storyline in dat mv cus the lyrics is reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good... -0-"

Guest vietblue99

^ Yah same here maybe she's make a second version to it. Many Korean singers are doing that lately - well the SM ones. China in May? It's most likely June by now. LOL Wonder Girls are already there. I guess the race for China will be officially on in the second half of this year. Hmm so far from my knowledge there will be 3 acts competing in China: Chae Yeon, Wonder Girls and Jang Ri In.

The music video is ok. The dance routine looks like tons of fun! I just wish that it wasn't in black and white. I think this song is a bit more catchy than My Love. However My Love is one addicting song.

Wow you're so lucky! You can actually go to China and get a chance to see her.

Guest energywen

i promised i would go ... the only ting is to pray it lands during my holis...and dat my mum will let me go..my lodgings n everything..the china fans are providing for me...so ya.. >"<

hoping it will be in mid june...arghs..the company promised alot of events there!! >"<

wonder girls are there already? how's the popularity? not too sure of others...except chaeyeon.

anyway, ya..i wished it aint black n white, and i wan a new mv for dat song!! find yuki! wahahahaha...

Guest pinklegirl007

^ Thanks energywen, I just saw the Butak MV from Chae Yeon's IEF.... But I agree, and I really hope there is another version to that mv... it does like those video's that teach you how to dance. There wasn't even a close up of her face or anything, it was just straightly one view of her dancing throughout the whole MV.

About Chae Yeon going to China, after she's done with promotions in Korea... Chae Yeon did mention that in an interview. As much as I would love Chae Yeon to get recognition in other countries and become a hallryu star, I really hope she doesn't leave Korea too soon, because she still has a lot of fame in Korea and she could lose that fame if she doesn't promote herself enough while her fame is still alive, you know what I mean... like Jang Nara was so popular in Korea, and then she went to China and got really famous there, but now that she's back in Korea now, her fame here isn't like what it use to be... I just don't want that to happen to Chae Yeon, cuz the Korean entertainment industry is becoming so competitive now, especially becuase so many Korean stars are leaving the country to promote themselves, newbies are kicking in and taking their spots while their gone. If she does decide to go to China soon, I really hope she does well, but we all know Chae Yeon is already quite popular in China, so I'm not too worried!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to her comeback performances in other TV stations!

Guest vietblue99

i promised i would go ... the only ting is to pray it lands during my holis...and dat my mum will let me go..my lodgings n everything..the china fans are providing for me...so ya.. >"<

hoping it will be in mid june...arghs..the company promised alot of events there!! >"<

wonder girls are there already? how's the popularity? not too sure of others...except chaeyeon.

anyway, ya..i wished it aint black n white, and i wan a new mv for dat song!! find yuki! wahahahaha...

Wonder Girls - so far they've particapted in this Beijing showcase thing and from what I hear the Chinese audience didn't perceive them so well. Chinese is a very conservative country and the dancing for "Irony" just turned them off and the fact that one of them messed up their lines. Plus, Wonder Girls are very young (well two of them are 14) and to be dancing they way they do is a big no no in China but they did gain some fans from that performance. (No offense to Wonder Girl fans but that's what I heard. Hopefully they won't kill me for this). As for Jang Ri In, she has yet to debut there since SM recently just formed SMAC (joint cooperation between SM, Axex, and Cheng Tian S in Beijing) and that company doesn't officially open till June.

pinklegirl007: Yah I agree with you there. Chae Yeon should stay in Korea for a bit longer. We wouldn't want what happened to Jang Nara to happen to Chae Yeon. No offense Jang Nara did great in China but her fame in Korea has decreased so much since she went to China. Back to Chae Yeon, she should do a ton of promotions for her 4th album. The shelf life of an album in Korea isn't the long anyways is it (since Brian promoted his for about 3 months, same with DBSK)?