Quantcast

The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest energywen

for those who haven been to YEON!, note that there are lots of new pics, new news about her!!

for those who had been dropping by, i jus posted a new translation, and new pics! hohoho!!

CHAEYEON AINT HAVING DEPRESSION!

Guest pinklegirl007

Chae Yeon was going under depression for some time, but I heard she is over it now! I'm so glad... It must have been hard being under so much pressure...

She seemed cheerful during her interviews for the new mv, but Chae Yeon was under depression for a while, because of the immense pressure from her company. They obviously wanted her to upgrade her image, so they made her lose weight, more vocal and dance training as you all know.... but also, she was really close to her backround dancers and other underground people. However, the company Chae Yeon is under... they changed her backround dancers, her manager, and told her to only talk to higher class people, to get a more sopisticated and upgraded image. Even during the mv shoot, she would joke around with her backround dancers in the past, but this time I noticed that she was only talking to her stylists, the mv director, or her manager, like most high profile k-pop artists... I wonder what happened to her old backround dancers..... I feel bad for Chae Yeon, but there is always a down-side to fame...

She must have felt sad about losing many old friends.... I'm glad she is doing better now. On a happier note, I can't wait for her mv to come out!!! Also her performance this upcoming week in inkigayo, can't wait for it.... I just listened to her new album in z-degrees.... I love it!! I'm definitely going to buy it at yesasia.com.... I think its her best album yet! :D

Guest kayem7289

You guys probably already have her new album, but if you still need it you can just PM me for the link since I uploaded it onto SS.

I still haven't listened to it yet because of my lack of time, but I'm really excited for it! I'm hoping that her comeback will bea major success, and I can see how much work she's put into it. Losing all the weight and everything shows how dedicated she is. *Runs off to go listen to album*

Guest UNee4Life

Just found this off YouTube

Behind the Scenes for 'My Love' MV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_GScrto10

ugh oh...she reminds me of U;Nee in this, but not in a good way.

It seems like she is pretending to be happy, but she really isn't.

I read what pinklegirl007 wrote and I'm concerned.

You don't just get over depression, I think she is still depressed and people need to keep a close eye on her too make sure that she is recovering.

She is smiling on the outside, but is she smiling on the inside?

But she does look FANTASTIC, but the poor girl had to go through some extreme changes for her 4th album,

I'm trully concerned.

Guest pinklegirl007

ugh oh...she reminds me of U;Nee in this, but not in a good way.

It seems like she is pretending to be happy, but she really isn't.

I read what pinklegirl007 wrote and I'm concerned.

You don't just get over depression, I think she is still depressed and people need to keep a close eye on her too make sure that she is recovering.

She is smiling on the outside, but is she smiling on the inside?

But she does look FANTASTIC, but the poor girl had to go through some extreme changes for her 4th album,

I'm trully concerned.

I don't think we need to be that concerned...

I don't think her "depression" was like a real chronic depression that is long-term. Chae Yeon was just a bit down because the pressure from her company on her upcoming album.

Believe it or not, Chae Yeon wasn't always an "idol star" like she is now... Her company actually aimed towards older audiences, but Chae Yeon ended up getting alot of high school male-fans. They also didn't put alot of effort on her 3rd album... but all of the company's new artists failed.... and unexpectedly Chae Yeon's album did well and got many younger fans.... So now the company is planning on spending loads of money on Chae Yeon's promotions, mv, and new album. They expect so much more from her now. They already spent so much money on upgrading her new image with better backround dancers, stylists, a weight trainer, vocal/dance trainers, etc....

I can understand that Chae Yeon must feel a lot of weight on her shoulders... But U;nee was depressed because of lack of fans, many anti's and also she didn't have any close friends or family. Even though Chae Yeon may have lost her close backround dancers, etc... she still has many close celebs friends, many loyal fans, and her family to support her. Chae Yeon does have some anti's, but so does every popular singer in Korea. Plus its not a lot compared to other female singers like Bin and Hyori, who have so much more anti's.... I also heard that Chae Yeon actually talked about feeling a bit down to many of her friends, to try to get over it.... she didn't hide it, like most people do when are chronically depressed.

Anyways, I hope her upcoming album does well.... I'm really excited for her performances and appearances in variety shows!! As much as Chae Yeon's new album may be good, there is so much competition right now.... with so many sexy-female artists active right now.... like Ivy, Hyori, and Suh InYoung.... I really hope she can find her own uniqueness to this album to outshine the others....

Guest shortyxP

Chae Yeon was going under depression for some time, but I heard she is over it now! I'm so glad... It must have been hard being under so much pressure...

She seemed cheerful during her interviews for the new mv, but Chae Yeon was under depression for a while, because of the immense pressure from her company. They obviously wanted her to upgrade her image, so they made her lose weight, more vocal and dance training as you all know.... but also, she was really close to her backround dancers and other underground people. However, the company Chae Yeon is under... they changed her backround dancers, her manager, and told her to only talk to higher class people, to get a more sopisticated and upgraded image. Even during the mv shoot, she would joke around with her backround dancers in the past, but this time I noticed that she was only talking to her stylists, the mv director, or her manager, like most high profile k-pop artists... I wonder what happened to her old backround dancers..... I feel bad for Chae Yeon, but there is always a down-side to fame...

She must have felt sad about losing many old friends.... I'm glad she is doing better now. On a happier note, I can't wait for her mv to come out!!! Also her performance this upcoming week in inkigayo, can't wait for it.... I just listened to her new album in z-degrees.... I love it!! I'm definitely going to buy it at yesasia.com.... I think its her best album yet! :D

=O seriously??!?!

cause i noticed that she used the same dancers she did at the NY festival and i was wondering why those guys always followed her around

I hope all these changes doesn't change her personality - which really is her selling factor when it comes down to it. I liked when she seemed that she could talk to anyone and be comfortable ... not come across so detached or elitist. - Oh well, it's a business, I understand.

She seemed tired in the YouTube clip I saw ... (because I couldn't see the other clips for some reason) ... but still in good spirits. Different, yes, definitely comes across more mature and polished.

Guest energywen

wait a minute..where did u c all this?

Chaeyeon did not undergo depression, at all. She made it clear in the recent interview, she is jus unhappy and not depression. She is under pressure, but dat's not depression.

Upgrade her image? What you mean by it??? They did not MADE her to lose weight. It's all the working and everything and she lost weight. Maybe she wanted to do so herself? Vocals n Dance trainings are a must for every star. Compared to when she just signed on as trainee, the trainings are lesser already. I believe they changed her dancers for a reason. WAWA team is actually background for alot of stars, like se7en n boa. If i am not wrong, they will/might be the dancers for se7en's cocnert and dat's y they cant join her for the 4th jib. They did not change her manager. Chaeyeon has 3 managers if I am not wrong. You can see the old one if you looked carefully...or wait...nvm. I think it is a photo. I will post it up. Talk to higher class people? What's the defination of higher class people? She joked around with Yuki too, and I dun tink yuki is any much diff from the dancers. Chaeyeon is not familiar with those workin with her for the new MV, and maybe they dun interact tat much. but who knows?

I dun tink she is losing her old friends at all. The Wawa team will still be there for her whenever she needs them to be with. KCH Music pp are her friends, which appears in her CY photos tat she updated the previous time. The staffs and her managers and everyone are around her.

--

photo of the manager u seen since man won hang bok at the set of arena photo shoot

untitledig5.jpg

edit:

Sorry if I sounded..erh...fierce or unfriendly or wadeva...I am not meaning that ok?

And also, regarding the U;Nee link, Chaeyeon in her interview said she is not having suicidal tots, cus many said she might had been judging from U;Nee's and DaBin's incident. (:

re-edit:

I duno wad audience the comapny wanted to aim at 1st, but in korea, many of chaeyeon's fans are kids. literally kids, those under 15 yrs old and everything. but many of her fans are parents too. You can see whole family gg down to support her at some of her live, and i think at inki gayo as well. (: