Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Good morning All!  It has been a little slow in the Bae Universe.  Not much news about him lately, so I have been able to take time to get my real work done before the big three-day weekend coming up here in the U.S. 

Thank goodness for Café Daum and Yume3.  A couple of days ago they published a new voice mobile message.  Here's the picture.

1441177462527BYJ_zpshitwoaxb.png

I had to wait until today for a kind soul (Thank You!  Shinara) to publish a rough translation:

Everyone can make mistakes, at least once.  Cheer up!

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Good morning all!  On a quick trip around the best BYJ blogs and I found this interesting piece on Maron's blog.  There are tons of pictures of the Bae wedding at Aston House and how it was decorated.  I borrowed a few pictures that had direct references to BYJ and Mrs. Bae.

weddingMaron_zps5wiuu7rv.png

weddingMaron2_zpshgl0uihf.png

weddingMaron1_zpsjxby3cw1.png

A search for Wildflower Linen Korea turned up this site - http://wildflowerlinens.com/blog/celebrating-the-1st-year-in-korea-with-wedding-21-magazine-photoshoot.

Also, to see all of the pictures from Maron, here is the link - http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/maron_byj/70078197.html

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Good afternoon All!  I'm getting a late start today but here goes.  There is some news about BYJ and something that is happening at KeyEast, but none of my translator robots are doing a very good job at giving me a good understanding, so I will continue to look for verification when the article reaches English language media.  Also some Japanese tour companies have published sightings  - but again because of poor translation I'm not sure if they are sighting BYJ, or BSJ, or both of them together.  It will take some time to unravel that, too. 

There are a number of things to do, projects to be busy with while waiting for some NEW news...like maybe seeing some real good quality photos of the wedding pictures!  Café Daum always has some news about Mrs. Bae, who seems to a favorite on the fashion scene.  Good for her!  Besides being good-looking in an unconventional sort of way, she also seems like a fun character with a ready smile and a sense of humor.

One thing I have been waiting for is the release of that Content K movie that was started earlier in the year.  Something about a prisoner.  Has anyone seen or heard anything about that?

For this walk down memory lane recently I stumbled upon a great set of screen grabs from the 2011 Scapa Awards for Dream High.  The photos originated probably with Café Daum, but I found them on a Chinese blog site.  The close-up photos of his face and expressions, well they are priceless and made me want to do some morphs -  so I DID.  Here are some of the screen grabs:

scp20-tile_zpsq3tqllq6.jpg

And here are my morphs.

imageedit_1_5522476289_zpstgofjtwu.gif

imageedit_1_7499743223_zps53cjssbj.gif

There are many more screen grabs, and there will be more morphs, too!

While I was at it, I double-checked YouTube and found some videos that captured the Awards on television.  It is so good to hear the Dream High music.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

And another great Scapa Award video, this time from Shinara. One of the ones above is from Onpu.  Thanks to you both.  I am starting a new post because Soompi won't let me add to or edit my post above.

But while I am at it, are there any other kinds of projects any of you would like to see, or to create?  Let me know or get started on your own!  It'll be fun!  I'm asking because I've got one more idea I would really like to explore - and that is maybe starting to post MVs about all of the music scores/OSTs from his old dramas and movies. 

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Musical actress Ham Yeon Ji is 5th richest Korean celebrity according to Forbes

(skipped unrelated.....)

Musical actress Ham Yeon Ji has managed to make it to the top 5 list of richest Korean celebrities in a latest Forbes report released yesterday.

Just for the record, Yang Hyun Suk of YG Entertainment was first on the list with his stock holdings estimated at 236.2 billion won ($198.3 million) in value. Lee Soo Man (171.5 billion) of SM Entertainment, Han Seung Ho (79.9 billion) of FNC Entertainment, and Bae Yong Joon (75 billion) of KeyEast Entertainment took the next 3 spots, while Park Jin Young (23.5 billion) of JYP Entertainment was 6th on the list.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Edited by willenette
  • Like 1

Happy week !

Hi RamonaMona, thanks for sharing this picture. Bae Yong-joon who is a major shareholder of KE disclosed the news  that the sibling actors,  Uhm Jung-hwa and Uhm Tae-woong had signed exclusive contracts with his company. They're now in good hands. :P

• Like 1

Hwang Jung Eum Says Park Soo Jin and Bae Yong Joon Were Overflowing with Love at Bridal Shower

Hwang Jung Eum brought up Park Soo Jin and Bae Yong Joon on Cultwo Show.

Hwang Jung Eum and Lee Jong Hyuk appeared as guests on the September 5 broadcast of SBS Power FM′s Cultwo Show.

Hwang Jung Eum Says Park Soo Jin and Bae Yong Joon Were Overflowing with Love at Bridal Shower

During the segment, Hwang Jung Eum mentioned fellow former Sugar member Park Soo Jin.

She said, "One day, Park Soo Jin mentioned to the Sugar members that she was getting married."

"I didn′t believe her at first," continued Hwang Jung Eum. "Then I went to her bridal shower. Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin are a couple overflowing with love."

Hwang Jung said, however, "I couldn′t go to the wedding because of a personal schedule."

Photo credit: eNEWS DB / enews

• Like 1

@MyStars,

Thank you so much for posting these wonderful photos, gifs and videos. Old but gold.

I just wonder - doesn't BYJ miss this atmosphere? It charges with so much energy.

You are more than welcome @mstamatoff...and so nice to hear from you again!  Your voice has been missed; you so often contribute new and insightful information to the forum!  I enjoyed putting together this piece and really agree with you about how BYJ creates so much energy with his presence and his achievements.  That energy is certainly is missed by his fans, that's for sure.  I would hope, along with you, that he would miss it also, and take every and all steps to recreate it again.  HINT!  HINT!  HINT! 

He looks so cool, calm, and collected.  His hair is perfectly styled, as usual, and from my point of view, is a super example of how "tactile" he has always seemed.  Just makes you want to reach out and touch. The suit and tie and immaculate white shirt are so distinguished and low-key that you almost forget how perfectly tailored they are, and how well he wears them. 

Please come back and visit more often.

__________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, @Willenette mentioned that these people have joined KeyEast.  From the KPopHerald:

ca3aa73e-56d4-4c04-8abc-8d231200b782_zps

Uhms%20join%20KE1_zpsrgruzmw3.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am so glad that this news article is so informative about this brother/sister combination and their accomplishments.  There are more people and more things to put on my "Must Watch" list. I'm gonna be so busy........! 

Also informative is the article that gives BYJ's ranking in the entertainment field.  His stock holdings of 75 billion won converts to multi-millionaire status in US dollars.  $62,676,449 dollars to be exact, in today's rate of exchange won/dollars.

In past news about KeyEast and their other hirings, back in June AllKPop published this

ba3341a8-0fc7-4ddb-a45e-f1703f553870_zps

allkpophusbandjoinswife1_zpsugf3aqy6.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Much of the rest of the article has been omitted.  Since it came out in June it just got passed over because, I think, we were all in a craze to find out about the wedding. 

This article wasn't as informative as the other about what dramas and movies this husband and wife team have been in, and I am embarrassed to say that I don't know, either.  I recognize her face from some dramas, but not his.  I will do more diligent research, I promise.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 1

Happy week !

Hi RamonaMona, thanks for sharing this picture. Bae Yong-joon who is a major shareholder of KE disclosed the news  that the sibling actors,  Uhm Jung-hwa and Uhm Tae-woong had signed exclusive contracts with his company. They're now in good hands. :P

always with pleasure ♥♥

There I found an article on KOREA.net site about foreign actors participating in Korean films. This is an excerpt from the interview with the Japanese actress, Fujii Mina, whose career was very much influenced by Winter Sonata and Bae Yong Joon. You can read the whole article here:

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Culture/view?articleId=117293

Foreign stars on the rise

Interview with Fujii Mina

Fujii Mina made her debut as a child actress at the early age of nine and since then she has enjoyed huge popularity in her home country, Japan. When the Korean drama industry was booming in Japan, Fujii came across the smash hit series “Winter Sonata” and got mesmerized by the male lead Bae Yong-joon.

Her interest in one Korean actor developed into a love for the Korean language and the nation itself. She started learning Korean in hopes that she could watch the drama without subtitles.

Her many years of effort to build up her Korean skills paid off when she was cast in numerous Korean dramas in 2012, though only in minor roles, including “The Lord of the Drama” on SBS, “Ms. Panda and Mr. Hedgehog” on Channel A and “Another Wedding” on KBS.

Korea.net met Fujii to hear about her ever-advancing journey into the world of Korean entertainment.

1) You have been part of numerous Korean TV programs since 2012. It must be difficult to travel back and forth between Korea and Japan.

I traveled a lot between the two nations last year, but wherever I am, I feel happy and enjoy every moment because I’m doing what I love to do.

No matter how hard it is or how busy I get, I love what I am doing. Because of a tight schedule, I’ve stayed here all throughout the first month of 2014. I am really happy.

2) We heard that you started learning Korean after you saw the drama “Winter Sonata.” Please tell us about what you like about the language and what the biggest challenge was for you.

The first couple of years into learning Korean, I only found it very interesting. I could have easy access to Korean dramas, which at that time were very popular in Japan. I studied Korean, watching dramas and listening to K-pop music as well. Even when in college, I learned Korean as my second foreign language.

As I started acting here in Korea, I felt like I still had a long way to go. I should speak Korean naturally and fluently to be on Korean TV, but my intonation still sounds awkward. The hardest part, for me, is when I have to speak with varied intonation and accurate pronunciation.

I realize every day that I still have many things to study. Now that I’m staying here, I’m learning and listening to “live Korean” every single day. I practice a lot, repeating what I hear on TV, to make my intonation sound better.

The article is not new. Maybe, some of you came across it long ago. Sorry for it. But for every new-born baby even the oldest anecdote is brand new and interesting.

Edited by mstamatoff
  • Like 2

Hello all!  Gee, what great new material from @mstamatoff and @RamonaMona! 

Ramona...are those the Platters singing?  I love the way you incorporated Mrs. Bae in the last few frames.  Just beautiful!

From Café Daum - they published a mobile voice with picture.

1441769133157BYJ2015_9_9_zps6yhsem2g.png

I had to wait until Shinara came up with a rough translation.  As always, thank you Shinara.  What is said roughly translates to "Thank you for giving me strength from afar."  Awwww....maybe he does read some of his messages from fans.

• Like 2

Hey there @RamonaMona.....Er.....sorry, but that's not Elvis Presley singing in your MV!  I had to grow up hearing all the older Elvis fans in my family playing his music day and night, and even though I wasn't a fan, I know his music by heart and even appreciate it (a little).  I am not sure right now if it is the Platters (or the Pretenders, or some other black R & B group), but I am sure it's not Elvis.  Sorry again.  Don't want to be argumentative and picky (she said, being argumentative and picky), but I don't want someone else reading this to get the wrong idea.

Besides, it doesn't matter that much because the sentiment, the words in the music, clearly say what you are conveying with the loving pictures.

P.S.  People might quibble that I call The Pretenders, Platters, etc. R and B (Rhythm and Blues groups).  I might have to stand corrected on this.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

An article in Korea times, where BYJ is mentioned, but, in my opinion, there is an interesting analysis about the Korean wave and the tendencies.

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=184879

Hallyu seeks breakthrough in Japan

By Kwon Mee-yoo

This year marks the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation from Japanese colonial rule (1910-1945) as well as the 50th anniversary of normalization of Korea-Japan diplomatic ties. Despite room for congratulation, relations between the two neighboring countries have been chillier than ever and "hallyu," or the Korean wave, in Japan also has not been as big as it once was.

Cultural relations between Korea and Japan were almost unilateral until the 1990s as Korea mostly received Japanese culture from music and film to animation and fashion.

However, the atmosphere was reversed in the early 2000s. The 2002 Korean drama "Winter Sonata," starring heartthrob Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo, was immensely popular in Japan when it aired on Japanese network NHK in 2003, when the term hallyu was coined.

K-pop music also became popular. Korean singers, including TVXQ and BoA, were featured at one of Japan's biggest annual music shows, "Kohaku Uta Gassen," from 2001 to 2009 and tickets for K-pop concerts were sold out in minutes.

According to the Korea International Trade Association, Korea exported $490 million of cultural content to Japan in 2007 and that amount jumped to $1.46 billion in 2013, which is an annual average increase of about 20 percent. But the rate of increase has slowed in recent years due to fraying ties between Korea and Japan.

Park Cheol-hee, director of the Institute for Japanese Studies at Seoul National University, said the recent deterioration of Korea-Japan relations could be a reaction to the rapid improvement in bilateral ties.

"When Korea opened up the gates to Japanese culture in the '90s, many worried Korean culture might be eaten into by Japan, but the sequence was opposite of expectations," Park said. "Hallyu hit Japan and Korean singers and actors became well known in Japan. The growing anti-Korean sentiment might come from jealousy."

Despite the declining hallyu, dedicated hallyu fans still lavish time and money on their favorite singers. In June, boy band CNBlue sold out nine concerts in Japan.

Entertainment companies also do more than just sell popular dramas to Japan. In April, entertainment giant CJ E&M held KCON 2015 Japan in Tokyo. KCON, which combines a K-pop concert and industrial fair promoting Korean culture, was launched in Los Angeles in 2012 and expanded to Japan this year.

The Tokyo edition of KCON drew more than 15,000 visitors to the concert, starring Infinite, Block B, Supernova and Sistar. Some 65 companies participated in the expo to promote various fashion, food and IT products.

"Hallyu was originated in Japan about 20 years ago, but most of the exports were centered on concerts and dramas that generated immediate benefits and seemingly cooled down in recent years,” a CJ E&M official said. “KCON offered a new possibility of a market opening, combining culture and novelty products of small and medium-sized companies of Korea."

Kang Tae-woong, professor of Northeast Asia Cultural Industries at Kwangwoon University, said mutual interchange between the two countries is the key to reignite the hallyu boom.

"Despite the strained relations between Korea and Japan, cultural exchange should continue to provide the foundation of the bilateral ties,” Kang said. “In the future, the relations will improve when Japan apologizes for their past misdeeds, and we have to prepare for it."

Kang said lifting remaining bans on Japanese popular culture in Korea would awaken public sentiment in Japan to regain hallyu.

"There are no regulations on Korean culture in Japan, but Japanese people have animosity toward Korean culture and some of them insist that hallyu is an unfair exchange as Japanese dramas and songs are still banned from Korean TV networks and radio,” Kang said. “Removing the restrictions might boost hallyu in Japan."

meeyoo@ktimes.com

• Like 2

OH NO!  This has happened!

IGprivate_zpsuzntwt9g.png

c4f68894-3381-4dc9-84d5-cc79a04b9ea0_zps

Does anyone know how a person can "request to follow?"  If you do, help me out.  I don't have a smart phone (or need, or want one).  I had subscribed to his IG using my desktop, which worked fine.  Will it be that easy "request to follow" using a desktop?  I hope so.  I am going to give it a try, but if you know of an easy way, please take a second to post here.  Maybe others will need to know and need the help, too.

I figured it was just a matter of time before something like this happened, probably as a result of all of the nasty comments about the wedding dance video.  Although I opened this post by saying OH NO, maybe it is a good thing.  He and his staff can weed out the riffraff and crazies and rude fools.  Please, I am not one of those! 

And I can vouch for some others who post here!  Yes I can! and I will!, if need be. 

On a lighter note on the Japanese blog BYJ wakayama I found these old KeyEast mobile pictures.  I thank her for sharing.   I don't recall seeing them before.  I hope you enjoy.

img_4bnghn_zpsbj2k5amx.jpg

img_3dscsf_zpsnvtu2xdi.jpg

img_2_zps0rcgfxnx.jpg

img_1_zpsdgbcqzcn.jpg

img_0_zps7fmgdsug.jpg 

I just had another frightening thought.  The other day I posted a voice mobile message that said: "Thank you for giving me strength from afar."   Now I am beginning to wonder if he was gently trying to say "goodbye" also.  In the first place, opening that IG was such a departure from his usual ultra-private lifestyle, that I personally wondered if it would last.  I bet some of you readers wondered the same thing.  As in the article @mstamatoff just posted above, perhaps there is backlash from his own countrymen because of his popularity in Japan.  That may account for some of the ill-feeling projected toward him. Whatever the source though, the comments only serve to highlight the ignorance of the commenter. 

The bad comments do not reflect any serious thought. Instead they are knee-jerk, ad hominem attacks from drooling zealots, like writing crude things in a bathroom stall - sneaky and furtive.    In his long history, which I have tried to absorb by reading most all of Soompi, and many other blogs, BYJ has never publicly criticized anyone, except himself.   I have seen many of his fans try to tell him to just ignore all the crudeness, but I think sometimes even a saint has limits.  I hope his suit against the malicious is successful, but it may not be.  There have been some articles in the Korea press which show how hard it is to litigate against this kind of behavior.  I've also seen many people say that by suing them he is stooping to their behavior.  I cannot agree with this line of thought at all.  If someone calls you names, then calling them names right back is stooping to their behavior level!  Suing them with a smile on your face is a civilized way of putting the rabble in their place. 

Okay.   Okay.  So I am climbing down off my soapbox and going to try to "request to follow."  I'll let you know what happens.  Wish me luck.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2