Go Ah Sung Cast as Lee Joon’s Love Interest on “Heard It Through the Grapevine”

Go Ah Sung has been cast as Lee Joon’s love interest in upcoming SBS drama “Heart It Through the Grapevine.” This marks Go Ah Sung’s return to television after a five-year absence where she was acting in high-profile films. Go Ah Sung plays the second daughter in an ordinary family and dreams of an ordinary life for herself. She plays a popular and cheerful high school student who falls in love with Lee Joon’s character. She doesn’t know that he comes from a very wealthy and powerful family and as the two students find themselves in the middle of a pregnancy rumor, she gets thrown into his family’s high-society, snobby world. She finds herself strictly monitored and treated unkindly by his family but she is spunky and outspoken and says everything she has to say, no matter how badly his family treats her. This is Go Ah Sung’s first role in television since “God of Study.” She shared her thoughts on her new project, stating, “I’m excited to return to television after five years. I’m preparing a lot as I’ll be playing a high school character who experiences things I’ve never experienced.” “Heard It Through the Grapevine” is a black comedy from the writer/director team that made “Secret Love Affair” and “A Wife’s Credentials” that poke at the problems surrounding wealth and power. “Heart It Through the Grapevine” is set to premiere on February 23, after the conclusion of “Punch.” See also: Ones to Watch: Upcoming February 2015 K-dramas

View the full article

Archived