Oh Yeon Seo Reveals her Birth Name on “The List 2015”

The list of celebrities widely known and active under their stage names have been publicized on tvN’s “The List 2015.” The list ranks which celebrities’ names were the most influential when it came to their lives and careers. At the very top of that list was Oh Yeon Seo, whose actual birth name is Oh Haet Nim. She made her debut as a singer when she was in 8th grade in 2002 under her name, Oh Haet Nim. She joined Jeon Hae Bin and Jo Eun Byul to form the girl group, LUV. However, her days as an idol were cut short after only six months. She moved onto acting and she had a role in the drama series, “Sharp,” but even then, her name was not well-known in the entertainment world. After 10 years in anonymity, she and her mother went to consult a shaman. The shaman told them Oh Yeon Seo had a hard time standing out because of her name. Four months after she legally changed her name, Oh Yeon Seo was offered five different contracts for advertisements. She was even cast as the lead in a drama and the lead supporting actress in a movie. “Oh Haet Nim didn’t have a lot of positive energy, but once it was changed to Oh Yeon Seo, fortune and luck found their way back to her,” analyzed a scholar on names. “After I changed my name, everything started going well. I also seemed to become a bit more feminine because I think the name is a bit feminine,” said Oh Yeon Seo. oh yeon seo name

View the full article

Archived