Clara Posts on Her Official Facebook Page Regarding the Current Legal Dispute

Actress Clara has taken to her Facebook page to open up about the current legal dispute between her and her agency Polaris Entertainment. On January 20, she posted a lengthy post on her Facebook page that said the following: "Hello, this is Clara. Yesterday, before the official trial, I was sentenced to death by the media, and then received another death sentence by the public. 1) It's true. As reported, I did send the swimsuit images and the underwear photo shoot to the CEO via kakaotalk. You may think that I was trying to tempt him by sending those pictures, but I was doing my best to do my 'work.' I was just getting the images that will be in magazines and books confirmed by the CEO. The images and screenshots revealed by the media were from right before and after I signed the contract. Of course our relationship was good back then. 2) Shortly after, as the CEO did not keep to his words, our dispute started, and midst that dispute, he even started to question the relationship between me and my manager. After midnight, every five minutes, he would send me messages like, "You're refreshing and make my heart flutter," and "drinking wine makes me think of you," among others, which really surprised me, but the most nonsensical thing was even when I told him that I would not tell him anything private about my life, he would tell me that '[he] needed to know everything about my life for my schedule, even [my] menstruation cycle!' I think this is unacceptable and disregards all reasoning. 3) I had to tell this to my father, and upon hearing, my father became very angry and sent them a document that said that 'he will call the police if they do not nullify the contract now.' Receiving this document, CEO Lee reported us to the police, saying that we were threatening him. 4) It's true that I went to CEO Lee to apologize, saying that it was my mistake. I acted so because the Polaris lawyer told me that 'the contract would be terminated if you apologize first.' I wanted to apologize and get it over with quietly. However, CEO Lee did not keep to his words, and is in fact using this as evidence against me after getting this on film using a CCTV. Something more terrible is that before this meeting, he told me, 'Let's not record each other. Take out your cellphone. I'll have mine out too...' And CEO Lee did not record it on his phone, but filmed it on tape. The CEO always told me that he had the best political connections, media connections, and the ability to control online comments. There's no way I could win. I'm not asking you to be on my side. I'm just asking for basic rights to have a fair trial in the Korean courtroom, as promised by the law." Source: (x) See also: Clara’s Lawyer Responds to Report Revealing Text Messages: “Less Than Half Revealed”

View the full article

Archived