Clara Files Lawsuit against Agency for Contract Release, Citing Sexual Harassment

Clara has filed a lawsuit against her agency's CEO to ask for full contract release. According to Channel A on January 14, "Clara was sexually harassed by Mr. Lee, her agency's CEO, last September and asked for a contract release, and at the end of last month, she filed a lawsuit against her agency to ask for the release of her contract." They added, "According to the complaint, Mr. Lee sent her several texts saying, 'I am married but I have a girlfriend,' and 'You're different from other celebrities, you're refreshing and make my heart flutter.' He also said, 'I have something to tell you,' and asked her to go out with him for dinner and drinks. Furthermore, thinking that a co-worker, Mr. Kim, was her boyfriend, the CEO texted her saying things like, 'You're going to be unhappy if you get married [to him].'" Channel A also reported, "Clara felt sexually harassed by the comments made by the CEO who is over 60 years old, and Mr. Lee one-sidedly fired Mr. Kim, her manager. So after announcing the contract release, she also filed a lawsuit." According to the report, the agency is claiming, "Clara is taking everything out of context and is slandering the CEO. The truth will soon be revealed, and we will be able to file a lawsuit against Clara and her father, Lee Seung Kyu, for making threats." Meanwhile, Clara signed her contract with the agency June of last year, and it was supposed to be valid until 2018. Source (1)

View the full article

Archived