Jump to content

Weekly K-Pop Music Chart 2015 – January Week 1

Recommended Posts

Happy New Year to all our readers! We are back for the first music chart of 2015. As always, we are making some modifications to the composition of our chart at the beginning of the year. This year I am very pleased to announce that the Soompi Airplay portion of our chart, which was introduced in the middle of last year, has its weight increased from 15% to 20%. We have also expanded the definition of the airplay. Previously we were measuring the hottest trending Kpop artists each week by the number of articles posted. Now we have also included how many times these articles have been read, and also how many fan comments we received on each article. We believe that with the inclusion of these airplay measures, our weekly chart will reflect even more of what is hot on Soompi. In the meantime, GAON chart’s weight has been reduced from 25% to 20%. TV Network rankings (total 45%) and Internet charts (total 15%) remain unchanged. Back to the first chart of 2015, A Pink’s “LUV” carried over its success from last year and remains on top of our chart for the third straight week. This song has dominated all the charts for most part of December and is still going strong, ranking high on all our sources. “LUV” is still winning on music shows this week as it took home the No. 1 award on Music Core. Congratulations to A Pink! There are two new songs in the top 10 this week. Moving up 17 spots to No. 2 is Yoon Mi Rae’s “Angel.” Collaborating once again with her husband Tiger JK and Bizzy (the same team had a big hit “The Cure” in 2013), this song has quickly moved up the chart to challenge A Pink’s for the top spot. Yoon Mi Rae expresses her thanks to those who supported her in tough times, like guardian angels. Her vintage soulful vocal is heard throughout this song, with Tiger JK and Bizzy’s catchy rap a perfect complement. Up five spots to No. 7 is a very special collaboration between Dynamic Duo and Park Jung Hyun, two artists with very different styles. They came together on this single with a unique title “SsSs.” It is a old school hip-hop style R&B song about one’s feeling near the end of the year written in a witty way. The two artists show great chemistry on this song.

[chart id="211" items_limit="50" detailed_items="10"]

About the Soompi Music Chart:

Soompi Music Chart is unlike any other music chart or television ranking. It takes into account rankings by various major music charts in Korea as well as the hottest trending artists on Soompi, making it a unique chart that reflects what’s going on in K-Pop not only in Korea but around the world. Our chart is composed of the following sources: GAON Music Chart – 20% Various Internet charts (Olleh, Bugs, Melon, Soribada, Genie) – 15% Soompi Airplay – 20% TV Music Show charts (SBS Inkigayo, KBS Music Bank, MBC Music Core, MNet M!Countdown) – 45%

View the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..