Weekly K-Pop Music Chart 2014 – December Week 3

Newsie

A Pink’s “LUV” repeats as No. 1 this week as it continues to pile up on music show wins. This song won on Music Core and Inkigayo in the past week. Despite not having a perfect score this week, “LUV” won easily again over Kyuhyun’s former No. 1 song “At Gwanghwamun.” Congratulations to A Pink. The top eight were the same songs from last week, only Park Hyo Shin’s “Happy Togther” and Toy’s “Three People” exchanged places at No. 5 and 6. There are two new songs at the bottom of the top 10. Moving up 19 spots to No. 9 is INFINITE F, a sub-unit trio of INFINITE members L, Sungyeol, and Sungjong. They recently released their debut single album “Blue.” The title song “Heartthrob” is at No. 9 this week. This mid-tempo dance song shows the youthful theme of the members. Their upbeat vocals will bring a smile to your face. YG Family’s collaboration project is in full swing in the top 10. Besides GD X Taeyang’s “Good Boy” at No. 3 and HISYUN’s “I’m Different” at No. 8, Masta Wu’s “Come Here” featuring Dok2 and Bobby moves up six spots to No. 10 this week. Written by Teedy, Choice 37 and Masta Wu himself, this song has intense hip-hop melody with unique synth sound in the background. It is a treat for hard core hip-hop fans. This is the last music chart of 2014. We are taking a break next week. As usual, I’ll announce my recommended top 20 Kpop songs of this year. The 2014 Summary chart will also be published before the end of the year. Stay tuned to find out which song and artist is the champion of our chart this year. Thank you for your continuous support and I wish our readers Merry Christmas. We’ll return on the first weekend of January for this first chart of 2015.
[chart id="191" items_limit="50" detailed_items="10"]

About the Soompi Music Chart:

Soompi Music Chart is unlike any other music chart or television ranking. It takes into account rankings by various major music charts in Korea as well as the hottest trending artists on Soompi, making it a unique chart that reflects what’s going on in K-Pop not only in Korea but around the world. Our chart is composed of the following sources: GAON Music Chart – 25% Various Internet charts (Olleh, Bugs, Melon, Soribada, Genie) – 15% Soompi Airplay – 15% TV Music Show charts (SBS Inkigayo, KBS Music Bank, MBC Music Core, MNet M!Countdown) – 45%

View the full article

Archived