MBLAQ Clarifies Breakup Rumors, Sheds Tears at "Curtain Call Concert"

Newsie

On November 29, MBLAQ performed their official concert dubbed "MBLAQ Curtain Call" held at the Olympic Park in Seoul. In this concert, the group concluded their "first act" as a group that started five years ago and began their new journey as a group that will start with the "second act" of their career. The group performed their songs from their debut album until their 7th mini album that was released recently, giving their fans a view of how far the group has come in the past five years. It was an emotional concert both for the group and their fans, A+ as members Lee Joon and Thunder were known to have finished their contract with the group's agency, J.Tune Camp.  During the concert, the posts that fans have made about their anticipation of the show were flashed on stage. Messages such as "Thank you for being with us for five years," "I'm happy because there's MBLAQ," and other touching messages from the fans were shown. After singing "This is War," the group started talking about the rumors regarding their break up for the first time. "I didn't know that five years could go this fast," said Mir as he was moved to tears. MBLAQ leader Seungho and the rest of the members were also unable to hold back their tears as Mir spoke. "Honestly, this isn't the end. We were upset that we seem like we don't think like that because of many different speculations. We wanted to say it straight from our mouths but since this is a sensitive topic, we couldn't speak out. This is not the end (for us), it just looked that way. Please don't worry. The five of us will get together again and become one" continued Mir as tears flowed from his eyes. Thunder followed, "I think that it's hard for our friends and family who have protected and supported one person for a long time. All of you gave us a lot in the last five years, and we tried very hard to repay you but as much as we've tried, we don't know if you get strength when you hear our music. We hope to continue seeing you in the future." "There were many theories about withdrawal and discord within the group. If I were to speak as a representative, I would say that there's nothing decided (yet) and we hope you would trust our words and don't hear what others say," added Seungho. Towards the end of the concert, a video message from the members also appeared. Seungho said, "Even if we go our own ways, we will try so that the name MBLAQ will not be erased. I'm happy because I have all of you and because of MBLAQ." "This short separation is in order to bring an even better appearance to all of you," said G.O. "Please support us until that day when we come to find you again," he added. "We debuted when I was 21 years old, and now I am 27. There's an old saying that says even brushing past a person is one's karma, so I'm thankful that you've loved MBLAQ. When a long time has passed, you could forget about words in your memory but I hope you remember this moment. I will work hard and do well in the army," said Lee Joon. "The last five years would be the moment that I couldn't forget the most," Thunder recalled. Mir added, "Because you cheered for us hard, I think we were able to work even harder. The last five years were the most wonderful years of my life. Although the first part of MBLAQ's curtain call has ended, I became the perfect Mir and was able to stand in front of the fans." We wish everyone in MBLAQ all the success in their career. Best of luck, boys! What are your thoughts, A+? 

View the full article

Archived