[Updated w/ Video] Super Junior’s Kyuhyun Keeps First Place Promise, Sings for Lonely Citizen “At Gwanghwamun”

Newsie

Super Junior member Kyuhyun has proven himself to be a man of his word by fulfilling his promise to sing to a random, lonely citizen “At Gwanghwamun,” after winning first place on various music programs with his solo debut title track. During a recent interview, Kyuhyun shared his first place promise to fans: “I’ve continued to think about a promise, and now that I got first place, I will go to Gwanghwamun without notice and sing a song for an ordinary citizen who looks lonely. I promise to [sing] to anyone, man or woman, that looks sad and lonely.” On November 25, without any prior notice as he promised, the Super Junior member appeared at Gwanghwamun. A number of fan accounts began to pop up, sharing that they had spotted Kyuhyun walking around Gwanghwamun and later approaching and singing to two lucky ladies. These accounts proved to be true, as one of the lucky citizens herself posted on her SNS of what had happened. She wrote: “I ran errands at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was standing outside to catch a taxi when someone said, ‘Excuse me.’ I was a bit on edge today so I thought, ‘What is this,’ but [when I turned around] there was Kyuhyun and a bunch of cameras. He asked ‘Are you lonely?’ (Was it that obvious?) and suddenly started singing for me. Then we took a picture, he gave me a signed CD, and then he left. I was standing there like an idiot, but I think it was his new song, ‘At Gwanghwamun.’ Thank you. I got through the day well thanks to you. I hope your album does well, or would you like to do well with me? I’m going to sleep with this at my bedside.” It appears that after seeking out two lonely citizens, Kyuhyun not only sang to them, but also gifted them with a signed CD and posed for a photo as well. Check out the video clip and proof shots below! kyuhyun promisekyuhyunkyuhyun 2kyuhyun

View the full article

Archived