Yang Hyun Suk: “Mimicking My Voice Has Become a YG Trend”

Newsie

YG Entertainment CEO and head producer Yang Hyun Suk has revealed that mimicking his distinctive voice has become a “trend” among his label's artists. Stars such as PSY and members of groups 2NE1 and BIGBANG have poked light fun at their company chief on numerous TV variety show appearances. Speaking to media outlet Star News on September 27, the producer explained that he saw the funny side of this gentle teasing. He said, “It is true that I have seen YG stars mimicking my voice on some variety shows. They have never done that in my presence, though!” Yang Hyun Suk added that it is not just the talent agency’s senior staff that mimic him – even the younger stars are getting in on the act. He said, “Even the youngest members of YG, iKON [currently appearing in reality audition show ‘Mix & Match”], impersonate my voice! I think it has become a trend in YG.”

View the full article

Archived